• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Browser remember password and create account issue

Found that, at least in firefox and chrome, when creating an acount the browser tries to remember the password, but choses telephone number as id for the account. It seems it choses the previous form field before password, and they take the phone number field.

Any way to force a field to be the "account id" so the email address is remembered instead telephone number?

Only thing I can suggest would be to take the entire create_account form and add autocomplete="off" to each field - if that does not work (not too sure as to the actual problem) then make each field have a default value=""

I have no access to a working copy of osC right now so I cannot say how to edit the create_account file

I crossed out what I originally replied.

You could move the Password field up to right after the Email Address field, or you could move the email address field, down to right before the Password field.

What's happening is that the browser sees a Password field, and automatically assumes that the preceding field must be username.

You can prevent this by adding hidden dummy field between those two.  Something like

<input type="text" name="hiddendummyfield" style="display:none">

should do the trick.

That way, Chrome will auto-populate that hidden field instead.  Your password field will still likely be auto-filled, but you will have to edit that field anyway.  At least this way you're not putting Customer A's phone number in Customer B's account accidentally.

A little knowledge of php goes a long way.

Archived