• Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[contribution] "osC_GiftWrap_v1.0"

I fixed the tax problem!!!!!!!!!!!

In includes/classes/orders.php

At the bottom of the file find code:

if (DISPLAY_PRICE_WITH_TAX == true) {

$this->info['total'] = $this->info['subtotal'] + $this->info['shipping_cost'] + $this->info['giftwrap_cost'];

} else {

$this->info['total'] = $this->info['subtotal'] + $this->info['tax'] + $this->info['shipping_cost'] + $this->info['giftwrap_cost'];

Change true to 'true' and the tax will work properly.

Something real simple that I overlooked until today :D

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

I installed this contribution, and everything seems to work ok except that when I view the order and invoice in the admin, it adds the Giftwrap charge to the order total, but doesn't list it as an item on the order.

Any ideas?

Claire

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

i have copied all the files of the gift wrap modules on the server... however, i didn't see giftwrap as a module...

however i do see it as a module under the Order Total... got any ideas what im missing?

thanx in advance

justin

this modules works great man! good work...

well I couldn't get it to work.

Doesn't have a radio button so the customer can choose and it doesn't charge giftwrap or shipping charges now.....If someone gets it loaded and it works, let me know. I can't figure it out!

hey marie, did you ever figure out having a radio button?

justin

Hi Randy,

I installed it, but there es a tax problem unsolved (MS1, tax included, giftwrap = 1,-):

1 x SPRING Deltarad 191,74?

(Geschenkverpackung): 1,16?

Deutsche Post (Versand nach DE: (1 x 3 kg)): 5,92?

Nachnahmegeb?hr: 4,15?

Zwischensumme: 191,74?

enthaltene MwSt. 16%: 27,84?

16: 0,16?

Summe: 202,97?

--------------------

Module Reihenfolge Status Aktion

Nachnahmegeb?hr 3

Giftwrap 1

Mindermengenzuschlag

Versandkosten 2

Zwischensumme 4

MwSt. 5

Summe 6

-------------------

Wolfgang

Hi Randy,

once again in english - I hope the translation ist readable...

I installed it, but there es a tax problem unsolved (MS1, tax included, giftwrap = 1,-):

1 x SPRING Deltarad 191,74?

(giftwrap): 1,16?

German Post (Dispatch to DE: (1 x 3 kg)): 5,92?

cod (cost on delivery): 4,15?

subtotal: 191,74?

tax included 16%: 27,84?

16: 0,16? <-- tax from giftwrap!

total: 202,97?

--------------------

Module sort Status Action

cod 3

Giftwrap 1

shipping 2

subtotal 4

tax 5

total 6

-------------------

Wolfgang

Try changing the sort order of Giftwrap to 5... after tax has been applied to the order subtotal. That way tax won't be calculated against the GiftWrap amount.

Hope this is what you were looking for.

-R

ok well... in my case i had to modify checkout_confirmation.php

if (sizeof($order->info['tax_groups']) > 1) echo '            <td class="main" valign="top" align="right">' . tep_display_tax_value($order->products[$i]['tax']) . '%</td>' . "n";

echo '            <td class="main" align="right" valign="top">' . $currencies->display_price($order->products[$i]['final_price'], $order->products[$i]['tax'], $order->products[$i]['qty']) . '</td>' . "n" .

'          </tr>' . "n";

}

change to :

if (sizeof($order->info['tax_groups']) > 1) echo '            <td class="main" valign="top" align="right">' . tep_display_tax_value($order->products[$i]['tax']) . '%</td>' . "n";

echo '<td class="main" align="right" valign="top">' . $currencies->display_price($order->products[$i]['final_price'], '', $order->products[$i]['qty']) . '</td></tr>';

}

this removes the tax from the product price in the upper right section of checkout_confirmation. the sub-total and total was ok for in my case so no changes needed there...

this is a dirty patch and we should try to fix it at the source of the problem.. i'll let someone else do this.

IMPROVEMENTS: now i personally think it would be better if the giftwrap option could be applied to products separately.

ex: i order 3 products and only want to giftwrap one !!

(i'll try to work on this one...)

Designrfix.com | Graphic Design Inspiration & Web Design Resources - @designrfix

Has anyone tried this module with OSC 2 M2.2? I could use it if it works well to give the customer the option of an additional gift wrap charge. Would be even better if I could have varied ones based on box. I have tax only for CA order, so I am hoping that will not cause any problems. Do you think it would be doable? Thanks and take care, Sharon

Okay, I installed the gift wrap module on OSC2.2 MS2. I had a few little blips along the way. The way the package is publshed, the directories are incorrect. The modules folder (directory) in the catalog side was listed directly under languages. It should be under English, or whatever language you are adapting it to.

I had to be extremely careful how I added the changes to each php file. OSC2 must be different than 1, or maybe modifications I have made have made mine different. In any event, I could not wholesale cut and paste the large segments of code that are suggested in the directions. I had to, instead, look at old code vs. changes needed and just add the minimum that I needed.

Doing those things, it runs ok on OSC2 MS2. I do need some help, however. On the confirmation page, the gift wrap fee is not listed in as an item in the Billing Information totals. Either I have something wrong, or this was never added. If it was not added, I believe it should be because the totals are confusing. Can you tell me how to get this to dispaly as an item, along with all the other item totals?

Thanks and take care, Sharon

Hi Sharon...

When I wrote osCGiftWrap, it was written for MS1... so you did the right thing by comparing the files. That reminds me that I need to update it to work with MS2. I'll try to do that over the weekend or early next week.

Make sure that you have the GiftWrap Module activated in Order Total.

Have a great day.

-R

Super, that was the problem! It wasn't written in the instructions or I was just too tired to see it.

I can send you the folders/files in the order they need to be for OSC 2.2 MS2, because I reordered the original for use on any other stores I may want.

If you don't mind me making a suggestion, just rewrite the instructions to have the install instructions all at the end (include that order total activate instruction). And writeup changes for ONLY those lines that have to be added or changed. You can reference the full module, but change the minimum needed. That will keep others out of trouble. Then, you should be good to go for OSC2.2 MS2!

Thanks for the heads up on the order total. Take Care, Sharon

Glad it worked for you! I also appreciate the suggestions.

Go ahead and forward me whatever you have... that will definitely help me to put things together a little faster.

Thanks.

-R

I was IMing with Randy earlier and found an erroneous upload on my part. I am now error free on OSC MS1 but have no totals showing up on checkout_confirmation. I do have Gift Wrap listed on the left by the delivery info, but no totals... or no errors.

I also looked at the database and the field is blank. What should be written there? A yes/no, true/false, or the actual charge value of the gift wrap?

Any ideas on getting a total to show up? Thanks!

-shaun

Glad it worked for you! I also appreciate the suggestions.

Go ahead and forward me whatever you have... that will definitely help me to put things together a little faster.

Thanks.

-R

Hi

Just like to know when will you be updating the GIftWrap Mod for MS 2.2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

yeah, I'm getting the same thing:

Parse error: parse error in /www/o/onnigtsa/htdocs/catalog/includes/classes/order.php on line 68

Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: order in /www/o/onnigtsa/htdocs/catalog/checkout_shipping.php on line 85

please help

Onnig

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there,

I've installed the gift wrap contribution without errors, there's only left (I'll hope..) a small problem that I can't get my hands on......so help me?!

In the order confirmation at the totals I believe this is the code for counting..?:

if (DISPLAY_PRICE_WITH_TAX == 'true') {

$this->info['total'] = $this->info['subtotal'] + $this->info['giftwrap_cost'] ; + $this->info['shipping_cost'];

What happens is that only the first 2 (subtotal and giftwrap) are in the total and not the shipping......(huh?). If I change the giftwrap and the shipping cost the subtotal and shipping cost are added but not the gift wrap............ So it seems to me that ONLY the first 2 items are being added.

So the question is does somebody know how to ALL in the total.

If you wanna see what i mean, check out: click here (you need an account!)

Hope anybody has the answer!!

laters,

Chris

• 1 month later...

Hi:

I've some problems with the giftwrap module.

In the checkout_shipping.php when the user select one of the giftwrap options the selected zone (the blue line) moves also the shipping blue line and select differents shipping options ....

Thank you :blink: