• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Fully loaded Oscommerce?

rob_illinois

@@Rob_illinois there is no freely available "Loaded" version of OSC

You will find that several people offer a commercial paid for loaded version.

Choose wisely......

Now running on a fully modded, Mobile Friendly 2.3.4 Store with the Excellent MTS installed - See my profile for the mods installed ..... So much thanks for all the help given along the way by forum members.

Is there a place I can get Oscommerce with a bunch of the plugins installed? I have seen Cre loaded templates "Loaded v6.5 Pro, Loaded v6.5 CE, Loaded v6.5 B2B" for Oscommerce is this good, or is there something better?

The idea is not to make a "loaded" version that is a "one size fits all" (which actually fits nobody)...

The idea is for each Shopowner to install osCommerce, then add in only the things he/she needs.

This can now be achieved (at least shop side) with very few (sometimes none) code changes.

I was looking for a template look already done for how I wanted the site to save time on designing it. I saw several I could buy on a Template site "not sure if I can post the name here". But they have no plugins. I am after a few like would like to have plugins on the site like the below:

Abandoned Cart Reminder

Gift Cards

Advanced solution

Coupons / Discount vouchers

Google Analytics

Loyalty sponsorship

Countdown Specials

You are better off building up your own osCommerce, alternatively hook up with someone who knows what they are doing. We see this plenty of times, people going for templates because of the look, and then afterwards discover that the template code used is outdated or problematic. Your only recourse then will be to seek support from the template provider, usually at a fee, because no one here will be able to help you with unknown template code.

Templates are always risky, because so many are based on obsolete versions of osC. At the very least, get a written guarantee from the template supplier that it works with a current version of osC (2.3.4 or 2.3.4BS), which you should be using, and does not regress osC to an earlier version (i.e., replace most of the files). Search around to see whether other users have found the supplier's statements to be factual.

As others have said in this thread, it's impossible to sell a "loaded" osC that will make everyone happy. The philosophy of osC is that it provides a bare bones store that you can customize as desired, rather than loading it up with everything including the kitchen sink. Even if you're happy with the function they add, and nothing you want gets taken away, it's likely to be bloated and slow running. Plus, you will likely be at the mercy of the supplier for (paid) support.

Now, what would be useful would be for this forum to provide a Q+A "wishlist" or cookbook of add-ons to achieve various things. "I want my store to do X" with replies "Add-ons A, B, and C do a good job. Here are feature and compatibility issues that apply to the choices." That would be an improvement over the difficult-to-search add-ons listings.

Thanks for the replies. I have a site I have done some updates to already, and I am looking for a module to allow me to edit an area on the home page "say twenty lines down from the top, and would be about twenty lines for the edit area needed" from the admin area. The editor needs to allow for adding text, images, videos and links to sites. I looked at this module "CKE_WYSIWYG_EDIT_PAGES_BS_VERSION - http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/9336"not sure if it is the best one for what I am after.

Did you add the other addon that is required to make this work. The instructions say to also install http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/7650

Once you have done that you should be able to edit the pages listed in the instructions by clicking in the edit boxes list on the left hand side of your admin page.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

Ok, I went back and checked and found an issue. I installed the Editor first then did this update and it over wrote a few items. So went back and re-added the missing lines of code, but now when I go to the admin page it is blank. I went an looked for errors and I am getting this -

PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected end of file in /home/wsti/public_html/wep/Storeq/Admi2/includes/functions/html_output.php on line 443

Line 443 is ?>

Ideas on how to fix this issue?

It sounds like your last update left html_output.php corrupted. It is not properly closing with } all the open (nested) levels when it gets to the last ?>.

Get yourself an editor (such as ViM, and probably others) that can show you the matching } for a given {. Work your way down from the top of the file until you get to a mismatch (either a function left open, or end of a function is somewhere in the next function. Compare the code to the previous working edition, and see if you accidentally dropped some existing code that you shouldn't have, or only added part of some new code. It's also possible that you are missing ] or ), but } is the most common. Personally, I prefer to search from the bottom up, asking the editor if the match for a function's closing } is the first { in that function. If it is, go up a line to the closing } of the next function. If it isn't, your problem is in that function.

If you can't figure it out, restore your system to the last code backup, and try very carefully installing the add-on again.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, tried this and still get the error. I followed the instructions and added the two new line and nothing more. When I remove the one line it works fine and when I put it back I get the blank page and the error in the error logs.

function tep_draw_textarea_field_ckeditor($name, $wrap, $width, $height, $text = '', $parameters = '', $reinsert_value = true) {
    global $HTTP_GET_VARS, $HTTP_POST_VARS;

Please help

Thanks

Are you saying that you added just those two lines, and nothing else? If so, you're missing a lot of code. That's just the very beginning of a new function. It does nothing useful and it is left "open" and will give you the "unexpected end of file" error.

I followed the txt file to do the install step by step "install_ckeditor + image upload.txt". When I got the error I updated the file getting the error by removing the line of code and then the admin screen came up with the line of code in it just stayed blank and got the error in the log file. I also downloaded the full version of the editor and installed.

If you added just the following two lines:

function tep_draw_textarea_field_ckeditor($name, $wrap, $width, $height, $text = '', $parameters = '', $reinsert_value = true) {

global $HTTP_GET_VARS, $HTTP_POST_VARS;

you're going to get that error.  Either your instructions are incomplete (got cut off), or you didn't follow them correctly. Maybe try downloading the instructions again, and seeing if there's more to them.

Archived