• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

@raiwa

First of all I want t tell you the add-on works perfect. I have changed my create_customer adding company and tax-number (required for wholesale) so in fact you can not buy as a retail- customer. This also because of GDPR witch is different for B2C and B2B.

For much products there is a minimum amount in wholesale in my shop. Is it possible to implement a minimum amount of products a customer has to put in his shopping-cart to get the benefits? Perhaps trough database with fixed minimum amount?

Thanks, Martin

Hello Martin @davinci8,

You would need to custom code in the shopping_cart class extension (in the wholesale store module) and/or in the shopping cart page to display some alert about minimum amount.

It all depends how comfortable you wish to have it coded.

You would also need to add some check if the minimum amount is reached on the checkout pages. If not reached, redirect to shopping cart.Or it should be possible to code this also in the store module. It actally is a kind of header tag module which could do the checks and redirect.

I would say there is no need to add anything in the database. You could add an additional configuration entry to the wholesale store module for the minimum amount. So you can change it in admin instead to hardcode it.

Best regards

Rainer

Edited by raiwa

@davinci8,

Another approach would be to use an existing contribution like:

https://apps.oscommerce.com/Y2MuQ&minimum-order-quantity-per-product

as a starting point and just add the condition if customer _wholesale is session registered to apply the restriction only for wholesalers.

There are several others, just search the Marketplace for "minimum order/product amount"

Edited by raiwa

• 1 month later...

@raiwa

i do not understand this in the Manual_File_Modifications at the beginning:

If you need it to distinguish between wholesaler and retailer for other uses, you can code it like this:
      	// wholesale (SPPC Lite) BEGIN
      		global $ wholesale_group;
    			if ($wholesale_group > 0) {
    				echo 'wholesaler'; // wholesalers code
    			} else { // default
    				echo 'retailer'; // retailer code
    			}
    		// wholesale (SPPC Lite) END

..???

Edited by stratula

Hello Stefan @stratula,

You can use this to show different information or use different code depending if the logged in customer is wholesaler or retailer.

Just replace

echo 'wholesaler'; // wholesalers code
with the code for wholesalers and
echo 'retailer'; // retailer code
with the code for retailers.

This is intended for developers who want to add customized code. It is not required for standard installation.

If you are happy with the wholesale add-on like it is, just ignore it 😉

Liebe Grüsse
Rainer
Edited by raiwa

• 5 months later...

Your module works perfect. Thank you for that.  I am still in a kind of problem with the minimum amounts of products wanted for the wholesale function, unwanted for the retail function. ( I have installed your suggestion ' minimum quantity per product', and al goes fine). So i thought to redirect to a 'normal' shop for retail selling. (My problem is the (working) minimum amount is also active for the retail group.) I have tried to make the addon 'Link to Product Model' by Landho working on Osc CE so i would have a link in the other shop where a customer can buy just one product trough advanced_search_result.php, but this failed. I know this is not a subject for your addon, but I could not find any posts of this matter to help me further. Reason for all of this is that retail customers are confused by the minimum amounts of products in the Wholesale. Hope you can help me.
Best regards, Martin

I'm sorry, I can't give you further help for this within the support for Wholesale BS. I would need more details and code examples you are using. It is not possible in this support thread.

• 2 months later...

Hi @raiwa,

How's things? Just a quick question, how difficult is it to include this wholesale lite script to your other app, related products BS (https://apps.oscommerce.com/y0rDZ&related-products-bs&v=23)? I love both apps and noticed that the related products app does not feature a buy now button. Is there a reason for this?

Many thanks

Ah, the world wide web. What a wonderful place.

53 minutes ago, freakystreak said:

How's things? Just a quick question, how difficult is it to include this wholesale lite script to your other app, related products BS (https://apps.oscommerce.com/y0rDZ&related-products-bs&v=23)? I love both apps and noticed that the related products app does not feature a buy now button. Is there a reason for this?

Hello Richard, I'm good, thank you.

The related products should not need any modification to show the correct prices for wholesalers. Prices are shown correct always when $currencies->display_price is used.

The buy button would work like the one used in the product listing. I mean if the product has attributes, it would open the product page instead to add the product to cart. I thought it is not good and would confuse the customer. I believe it's better and more transparent that he has to go to the product page to add the product to cart.

Best regards
Rainer

Thank you for the quick reply. OK, having the option to buy from the related products app is something I'm going to need. I will have to see if there's another way around it. Can it not be something similar to the new_products module that is included in wholesale Lite as that inserts directly into the cart? Excuse me if I'm wrong as my boss wants the option to buy from wherever products are shown. Wish me luck lol.

Thanks

New products module uses the same code like product listing. If the product has no options/attributes, it goes directly to the cart. If it has options/attributes, it opens the product page.

Have a look on the code used there. It should not be too difficult to add it to the related products module.

• 2 weeks later...

Uploaded update for Phoenix:

Wholesale (SPPC lite)

Version 4.0.0.:

-  Update for Phoenix 1.0.1.x

Compatibility: Phoenix 1.0.1.x PHP 7.0-7.3
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CE FROZEN please use Wholesale (SPPC Lite)  3.0.4
Older 2.3.4.(1.) versions please use Wholesale (SPPC Lite) 2.0

Edited by raiwa

Hi @raiwa

Please explain for the wholesaler groups not to be able to use discount coupons.
The margin on wholesale is obvious to be at minimal level.

I had disable coupon codes on my side

Thanks

Getting the Phoenix off the ground

2 hours ago, Peper said:

Please explain for the wholesaler groups not to be able to use discount coupons.

Hello Pierre @Peper,

You can disable the ot_discount.php module for wholesalers like follows:

- add $wholesale_group to the globals list
- disable the whole process function for wholesaler groups with the condition "if ($wholesale_group < 1)"

It should look like this:

function process() {
      global $order, $currencies, $currency, $customer_id, $discount, $sess_discount_code;
      // wholesale (SPPC) BEGIN
      global $wholesale_group;

if ($wholesale_group < 1) {      
        $discount = 0;
        $subtotal_correction = 0;
        $tax_correction = 0;
        $shipping_discount = 'false';

if (!empty($discount)) {
          $this->output[] = array('title' => (($shipping_discount == 'true')? TEXT_SHIPPING_DISCOUNT : TEXT_DISCOUNT) . (strpos($check['discount_values'], '%') ? ' ' . $check['discount_values'] . ' ' : '') . (!empty($order_info) ? ' (' . $sess_discount_code . ')' : '') . ':',
                                  'text' => '<font color="#ff0000">-' . $discount_formatted . '</font>',
                                  'value' => -$discount);
        }
      }
    		// wholesale (SPPC) END
    }

I didn't test, but it should do it.

You can also disable the discount code input modules in the same way.

See also the instructions at the beginning in "Manual file modifications.doc".

rgds
Rainer

Edited by raiwa

58 minutes ago, Peper said:

You should actually add this as an option in the admin sppc module

It is impossible to take care of other third party addons within this module (Although I'm also involved in discount codes).

That's why the instructions are given how to modify for wholesale/retailer.

Not sure if I'm doing something wrong here but I'm having an issue with displaying the product listing. I want to display the products in grid view but it's stacking and not aligning side by side. List view seems to be working fine but I need to show as a grid. I've gone as far as setting up a complete new installation with the Wholesale app in and it does the same.... stack the grid view down the page.. Any ideas what could be the cause?

6 minutes ago, freakystreak said:

Not sure if I'm doing something wrong here but I'm having an issue with displaying the product listing. I want to display the products in grid view but it's stacking and not aligning side by side. List view seems to be working fine but I need to show as a grid. I've gone as far as setting up a complete new installation with the Wholesale app in and it does the same.... stack the grid view down the page.. Any ideas what could be the cause?

Please, which versions (Oscommerce, wholesale) are you using and on which page do you have this problem (index, specials, new products)?

Edited by raiwa

Hello Richard @freakystreak,

I just checked on my Frozen teststore on index, specials and new products page and all works flawless.

Can you please test with the core content modules. Uninstall the wholesale content modules and install again the core product listing modules for index page. ALso recover the original specials and new products page and try if it works there.

@raiwa hmmm.... Just set up a fresh install of frozen and manually installed all files for Wholesale Lite 3.0.4. Still stacking in grid view. I just don't understand why it's happening. If I disable your wholesale product listing and re-enable the default product listing then they line up across as a grid fine. Seems to be the same for new products too. Any thoughts on what it could be? A css issue perhaps?