• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Free shipping with other options

dculley

Trying to find a add on to allow when free shipping is reached my other options are still shown.  I ship free by USPS Ground, I would like to still offer Priority and Overnight as well as overseas options. 

I'm running OSC2.3.4 w/bootstrap & Better checkout 

Found this add on: http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/9349Show free shipping with other shipping options.

But I'm not a programmer.  I have no idea what to do with the first part, adding value= statements and where to add the next step to bettercheckout/checkout_shipping.php. 

If anyone can help it would be most appreciative.  Or if someone has something else please let me know.

@@greasemonkey

Thanks for helping. 

Let me start out that we had added to the shopping cart page " you have this much $ to go for free shipping".  That reads the shipping.php.  We really like it.  We just don't like that the shipping.php hard coded free to be the only option when $ is meet.

I want to try your suggestion. I had flat rate already installed at zero $, and renamed to customer pickup.  That is what we use it for.  I went ahead and added your code to the includes/modules/shipping/flat.php as instructed.  Changed the 300 to the dollar amount we wanted. Just to see.  Created an order to reach the amount and my shopping cart followed me with the, you have... to go, (ya), but when I went to the checkout only free shipping showed up (boo).

When I turn off the free shipping in order total shipping.  Yours does show shipping zero with my other options.  But then it interfers with my customer pickup.  Also our; you have...to go did not show up. 

We realy like the customer knowing how much they need to go to get free shipping.  Don't understand why they hard coded the free shipping option to be the only thing to show up. 

Your fix is not quite what we need.  Sorry, but greatly appreciated.  The above add on ( http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/9349 ) seems to be what we are looking for but do not understand how to set it up to try it.

@@dculley Ok here we go...

Let me start out that we had added to the shopping cart page " you have this much $ to go for free shipping".  That reads the shipping.php.  We really like it.  We just don't like that the shipping.php hard coded free to be the only option when $ is meet.

I used this.... http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/4331...It can easily be modified for BS....

I had flat rate already installed at zero $, and renamed to customer pickup.  That is what we use it for.  I went ahead and added your code to the includes/modules/shipping/flat.php as instructed.

upload and install the attached (can't remember where I got this shipping module from but no doubt I hacked it together from several i found) shipping module as a second shipping module (edit line 45)

if( function_exists('tep_customer_greeting') && $order->info['subtotal'] < 300 )

To your free shipping amount.

Turn OFF the option for free shipping in the order total module.

That is it...Below are screen caps of the result....

The shopping cart box mod, and the checkout_shipping page shipping options >300 and <300.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to the two that have tried to help.  One used a modified flat rate and one used table rate.  If I wasn't using modified shopping cart and needed what was in it that is tied to order_total free shipping.  One or the other would work. 

I still need to be able to offer other shipping options when the amount is reached for free shipping.  It needs to be linked with order total and shopping cart/checkout. 

I'm running osc234 with bootstrap and better checkout.

Under cat\includes\modules\order_total\ot_shipping.php

What needs to be changed in ot_shipping.php, in order for the other shipping options  to show after the minimum for free shipping as been reached?   

I believe it is in this part of the code:

if (MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_SHIPPING_FREE_SHIPPING == 'true') {
        switch (MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_SHIPPING_DESTINATION) {
          case 'national':
            if ($order->delivery['country_id'] == STORE_COUNTRY) $pass = true; break;
          case 'international':
            if ($order->delivery['country_id'] != STORE_COUNTRY) $pass = true; break;
          case 'both':
            $pass = true; break;
          default:
            $pass = false; break;
        }

if ( ($pass == true) && ( ($order->info['total'] - $order->info['shipping_cost']) >= MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_SHIPPING_FREE_SHIPPING_OVER) ) {
          $order->info['shipping_method'] = FREE_SHIPPING_TITLE;
          $order->info['total'] -= $order->info['shipping_cost'];
          $order->info['shipping_cost'] = 0;
        }
      }