• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Order Process Email

Hi

Here's what I am finding when making an order then receiving the Confirmation email which has a link as follows in the confirmation email

Detailed Invoice: https://skyhawk.mysecure.co.nz/~grandp/account_history_info.php?order_id=12643456

If I click on the link I get the following in the browsers url bar

https://skyhawk.mysecure.co.nz/~grandp/~grandp/account_history_info.php?order_id=123456

I then log in hit enter and get a 404 screen

and so consequently it doesn't go to the order history, however if I first log in then go click the link in the email it works ( I suspect this is not the way it should work. I suspect it may be in the config file but wouldn't really know or know what to do if it is.

<?php
  define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://www.grandpas.co.nz');
  define('HTTPS_SERVER', 'https://skyhawk.mysecure.co.nz/~grandp');
  define('ENABLE_SSL', true);
  define('HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'www.grandpas.co.nz');
  define('HTTPS_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'skyhawk.mysecure.co.nz/~grandp');
  define('HTTP_COOKIE_PATH', '/');
  define('HTTPS_COOKIE_PATH', '/');
  define('DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG', '/');
  define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG', '/');
  define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'images/');
  define('DIR_WS_ICONS', DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icons/');
  define('DIR_WS_INCLUDES', 'includes/');
  define('DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'functions/');
  define('DIR_WS_CLASSES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'classes/');
  define('DIR_WS_MODULES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'modules/');
  define('DIR_WS_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'languages/');

define('DIR_WS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', 'pub/');
  define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/home/grandp/public_html/');
  define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'download/');
  define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'pub/');

Maybe someone might be able to take a look and tell me what I need to do. I have a wee test site which is not thru a secure server and it seems to work how I would expect. (Click the link in the email and go to the web site, login then get taken to the appropriate web page)

Many thanks

(Grumpy) Grandpa

Hi

Just an update.

Ive been trying for many hours to sort this and found that if I don't use the secure server and set the enable SSL to false, the problem eems to dissapear so I am wondering perhaps that the the function on clicking a link in the order confirmation email only works with having our own SSL certificate (if that makes sense)

Look forward to any comments.

Cheers

Grandpa

Hi

Well I guess as no replies I go to plan 2. Remove the Detailed Invoice link from The "Order Confirmation" email.

Any thoughts on this

Many thanks

Cheers

Grandpa

Get your own SSL and dedicated ip.  It's not that expensive.  Little glitches will cost you sales and sales make your world go round.  Your greatest loss is lost sales.

I'm not really a dog.

I think it will.  Your config will be much simplier and easier to setup and check.  From what you've said, your problem is in SSL and I think it's your setup. 

I'm not really a dog.

@@John W

Hi John

I think I will start this next week.

Is it relatively simple to do, installing a SSL cert or is it better to get the site host to install. I know absolutely nothing about this sort of thing. I imagine that Comodo is probably the one.

Look forward to your comments and in the meantime will troll around "Mr Google" for more info.

Many thanks

Grandpa

That depends on your host setup.  Cpanel has the ability to let users install their cert, but it has to be enabled.  Cpanel/WHM is the only control panel software I'm familiar with.  Your host may require you have them do it.  Think about a two year because it may not be much more and will last two years.  Even if your host allows you to do it you may just want to let them do it if they don't charge much.  You can find some good info at https://www.ssllabs.com/  but some of it may get too deep. 

I'm not really a dog.

@@John W

Hi John

SSL certs in NZ cost around $50.00pa + + thinking about RapidSSl from a reseller seem to be about $6.00 (US) pa.

Im looking for a little advice. Persumably these "cheap" SSL certs from resellers are OK.

Look forward to yours or anyones comments

Cheers

Grandpa

Hi Grandpa,

You basically need the certificate authority to be recognized by browsers.  $6 seems pretty low cost.  Make sure you can get it installed and I think you still need a dedicated ip address.  The cpanel instructions for installing ssl are pretty simple you have that available.

I'm not really a dog.

I bought my SSL certificate through my hosts. Yes it cost a bit more, but it got installed and since then they have had to make a few changes as there were errors on certain devices. I also got a free dedicated IP address. If I had purchased my own SSL certificate the dedicated IP address would have cost a lot more.

Some times its better to spend the money and get the job done properly. Paying through your hosts will also get you support.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

Archived