• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Paypal Express writing new costumer address to OSC database?

Hi.

I have been playing with the Paypal Express module for a few days now, and everything seems to run smootly, exept..

In my store I only allow 1 address in the address book, so if the costumer wants to order to a second address, he/she has to edit the existing address.

PayPal Express seems to automaticly add a second address to my database if the customer registers a different address with paypal than what he/she already has registered in my store.

Does anyone know if this is the case?

If it is, can it be deactivated so that no second address is automaticly added to my database?

@@MixMatch83

This is PP Express Checkout standard. Ask paypal to change paypal address book feature or use PP standard.

:blink:
osCommerce based shop owner with minimal design and focused on background works. When the less is more.
Email managment with tracking pixel, package managment for shipping, stock management, warehouse managment with bar code reader, parcel shops management on 3000 pickup points without local store.

Well.. at this point I'll just have to manually delete every new adress added by PP express via PhpMyAdmin, because this messes up the address book seen by the costumers in "my account".

Anyone know if there is a way to automaticly delete addresses added to the database by PP Express? A script or something?

A simple select php oscommerce script for non default customers addresses:

<?php
  include('includes/application_top.php');
  tep_db_query("SELECT ab.* FROM customers c left join address_book ab on(ab.customers_id = c.customers_id) WHERE c.customers_default_address_id <> ab.address_book_id");
  include('includes/application_bottom.php');
?>

adaptable mySQL delete script:

delete ab from address_book ab 
  left join customers c on ab.customers_id = c.customers_id 
  WHERE c.customers_default_address_id <> ab.address_book_id

(not tested)

:blink:
osCommerce based shop owner with minimal design and focused on background works. When the less is more.
Email managment with tracking pixel, package managment for shipping, stock management, warehouse managment with bar code reader, parcel shops management on 3000 pickup points without local store.