Latest News: (loading..)

@@bruyndoncx

That is correct. And the stock layout of osC BS has this all nicely setup. No code changes necessary with this addon unless he touched something inside the template_top or/and template_bottom files or header.php

As Dan said a URL would be helpful.

When you ask for help/support:

• Always state your osCommerce version
  • If possible, list up installed add-ons
  • 3rd party templates are not supported in the forum

Latest osC: osCommerce CE (Community Edition aka. v2.3.4.1 Frozen)

Did you download the Horzontal menu BS files from here in the forum or from the addons section?

@@Tsimi  I was thinking the same thing Lambros...I looked at the source and css code and couldn't see anything out of the ordinary.   I think Carine's explanation makes sense.  Adding the div row class should tell us for sure.

Dan

Thanks all for your help....

I removed the 'LOGO' from up top and it is looking good now.

I'll play with it a little bit more and see if we need the logo or not but for the time being it is looking good.

post-53090-0-35906000-1459649099_thumb.png

Hi Tsimi

Is there any possibility the action can be changed from a click to a mouse over and fly out rather than a customer having to click all the time and keep its original click action when on smaller screens?

@@CGhoST

Hi CG

Long time ago we had a discussion about menus with "mouse over" or "click" function.

I can't find the link right now but I think at the end we agreed that the click feature is more touch panel friendly and therefore the way to go.

There is however the so called superfish menu which is a vertical menu that utilizes that mouse over feature. I am sure it would be possible to change that menu to be horizontal instead of vertical.

This Horizontal Categories Menu BS however is only build to work with the clicking feature only.

You could also try to use something like this and create your own menu with it.

@@CGhoST

It can be made to work on mouse over fairly easy - there are a few different additional scripts out there, here is one: http://kybarg.github.io/bootstrap-dropdown-hover/

Follow the community build:

BS3 to osCommerce Responsive from the Get Go!

Check out the new construction:

Admin Gone to Total BS!

Hello all,

Thank you for this addon, it works very well and it's simple.

I managed to customize it but now I would like to do two more things :

- put more links than categories, for exemple link of my blog and special offers. How to do that ?

- only show parent categories, not subcategories

Thank you very much

@@aurelou,

in: includes/classes/catmenu.php

function getExTree() {
    	$treeresult = $this->_buildHoz($this->root_category_id);
    	$treeresult .= '<li><a href="http://put here your target URL"><span class="text-primary">' . TEXT_CONSTANT_TO_SHOW . '</span></a></li>';
      $treeresult .= '<li><a href="http://put here your target URL"><span class="text-primary">' . TEXT_CONSTANT_TO_SHOW . '</span></a></li>';
      return $treeresult;
    }

Example for 2 additional links to show on the right of the last main category

put here your target URL => replace with your URL

TEXT_CONSTANT_TO_SHOW => replace with the text constant for example: "MODULE_NAVBAR_SPECIAL_OFFERS_PUBLIC_TEXT"

OR

use  tep_href_link instead with for example "FILENAME_SPECIALS" and text constant "HEADER_SPECIALS":

(You may need to define a new text constant and add it to the horizontal categories menu language file)

$treeresult .= '<li><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_SPECIALS) . '">' . HEADER_SPECIALS . '</a></li>';
Edited by raiwa

Hi Tsimi, thanks for this addon.

For me does not work well when Enable parent category link  or Enable divider are True.

Here you have the changes I've made.
Now it works fine

Thank you,
figue

Edit ../classes/catmenu.php

Find:

if(isset($this->_data[$category_id]) && (($this->max_level == '0') || ($this->max_level > $level + 1))) {
            // show parent category link //
            if (MODULE_CONTENT_HEADER_CATMENU_PARENT_LINK == 'True') {
            $root_link_title =  '<span"><span class="fa fa-list"></span> ' . $link_title . '</span>';
            }
            // divider added for clarity //
            if (MODULE_CONTENT_HEADER_CATMENU_DEVIDER == 'True') {
            $root_link_title .= '<li class="visible-xs divider"></li>';
            }

$result .= $this->parent_start_string;
            $result .= '<li><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, 'cPath=' . $category_link) . '"><strong>' . $root_link_title . '</strong></a></li>';
            $result .= $this->_buildHoz($category_id, $level + 1);
            $result .= $this->parent_end_string;
            $result .= $this->child_end_string;
          } else {
            $result .= $this->root_end_string;
          }

Replace by:

if(isset($this->_data[$category_id]) && (($this->max_level == '0') || ($this->max_level > $level + 1))) {
            $root_link_title = '';
            // show parent category link //
            if (MODULE_CONTENT_HEADER_CATMENU_PARENT_LINK == 'True') {
//            $root_link_title .=  '<span"><span class="fa fa-list"></span> ' . $link_title . '</span>';
            $root_link_title .=  '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, 'cPath=' . $category_link) . '"><strong>' . $root_link_title . '</strong><span"><span class="fa fa-list"></span> ' . $link_title . '</span></a>';
            }
            // divider added for clarity //
            if (MODULE_CONTENT_HEADER_CATMENU_DEVIDER == 'True') {
            $root_link_title .= '<li class="visible-xs divider"></li>';
            }

$result .= $this->parent_start_string;
   //         $result .= '<li><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, 'cPath=' . $category_link) . '"><strong>' . $root_link_title . '</strong></a></li>';
            if ( (MODULE_CONTENT_HEADER_CATMENU_PARENT_LINK == 'True') || (MODULE_CONTENT_HEADER_CATMENU_DEVIDER == 'True') ) {
              $result .= '<li>' . $root_link_title . '</li>';
            }
            $result .= $this->_buildHoz($category_id, $level + 1);
            $result .= $this->parent_end_string;
            $result .= $this->child_end_string;
          } else {
            $result .= $this->root_end_string;
          }

Edited by f.figue

Good morning, All

First, let me thank everyone, both in this discussion, and in the forum as a whole, for all of the support. This is a great community!

Ok, I tried to take this module, and move it from the Header to the Navbar. I'm testing this on the current version of osC BS Edge, so I'm trying to keep this as a standalone, plug-and-play module. Here's my attempt:

Horizontal Categories Menu - Navbar.zip

In what sounded like a simple change (changing the Content Module files to Navbar Module files) isn't working. With my new module code installed, when I first access the site, I get a error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method nb_catmenu::getOutput() in xxx\catalog\included\modules\content\navigation\cm_navbar.php on line 71

I asked @@Tsimi for some assistance, and he pointed me to a different Navbar module in a different thread:

http://forums.oscommerce.com/topic/397582-categories-menu-with-multiple-subs-in-the-header-navbar/page-1

While this works, it replaces the entire Navbar, and is not modular in nature

So, may I ask for a little assistance in adapting this as a Navbar module?

Many thanks in advance!

Malcolm

If you are running the "official" osC 2.3.4 or 2.3.4.1 download, your installation is obsolete! Get the latest community-supported responsive "Edge" release here

For what it's worth ...

I took the code from the other thread @@Tsimi pointed me to, cut out the menu bits from it, and tried to convert that into a Navbar module ...

Navbar Cat Menu.zip

And, I get *EXACTLY* the same error message. I guess I don't understand how I am supposed to pass the categories information from the module to the navbar.

Malcolm

If you are running the "official" osC 2.3.4 or 2.3.4.1 download, your installation is obsolete! Get the latest community-supported responsive "Edge" release here

@@ArtcoInc Malcolm are you working with Rainer's/Walker's/Whitehat's code as show in this thread?  I have it working if it helps...

http://forums.oscommerce.com/topic/398284-oscommerce-23-bootstrap-nav-menu/?p=1726334

Dan

@@ArtcoInc it might be worth you mocking up an example of what you expect to see.  

Having never worked with either of these mods, I can't say for certain how they look and by extension, what you want to see.

An image would help.  In both large and small viewports. Doesn't have to be a work of Art...

This is a signature that appears on all my posts.  
IF YOU MAKE A POST REQUESTING HELP...please state the exact version
of osCommerce that you are using. THANKS

Get the latest current code (community-supported responsive 2.3.4.1BS Edge) here

@@burt

Here is an example of a drop-down Categories choice in the NavBar.

post-327952-0-73710700-1470432025_thumb.jpg

This uses the code in the link that @@Tsimi suggested:

http://forums.oscommerce.com/topic/397582-categories-menu-with-multiple-subs-in-the-header-navbar/page-1

But, this replaces the entire NavBar. I'm trying to follow your example of making everything more modular, and having a nb_module I can drop in to do the same thing.

Thanks!

Malcolm