Latest News: (loading..)
gadlol

SEO Friendly Urls - a new approach

Yes ... here is the top of the index.php file taken from the server ...

<?php
/*
  $Id$
  osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
  http://www.oscommerce.com
  Copyright (c) 2010 osCommerce
  Released under the GNU General Public License
*/
  require_once('includes/application_top.php');

if(isset($seo_friendly_urls) && $seo_friendly_urls->enabled && $seo_friendly_urls->page_type!='category'){
if($seo_friendly_urls->include_page!=''){
$PHP_SELF=$seo_friendly_urls->include_page;
include $seo_friendly_urls->include_page;
exit;
}

Huge thanks to gadlol,, it appears I had not installed some elements correctly. Whilst the site I am working on still has issues, these would appear to be outside the scope of this addon which appears to be working exactly as it should, I can see many "happy" hours with a debugger resolving the remainder of the issues, however this contribution is not of the making.

Thanks again to gadlol for an excellent contribution and his superb support!

2 minutes ago, janeyred said:

Huge thanks to gadlol,, it appears I had not installed some elements correctly. Whilst the site I am working on still has issues, these would appear to be outside the scope of this addon which appears to be working exactly as it should, I can see many "happy" hours with a debugger resolving the remainder of the issues, however this contribution is not of the making.

Thanks again to gadlol for an excellent contribution and his superb support!

You are welcome @janeyred

Check out the great Alternative Administration System addon for osCommerce!

@gadiol thanks for the modul and help on installation.

i have a 2.3.4.1 CE Shop and 2 languages. german and english. The english language links seem to work as far i can see (with /en/ in front of the alias), but the standard german category links behave different. Currently i cant get the Category link in standard language to work. it just shows www.xxxxx.de/?cPath=22 instead of the alias. i also tried to define a custom alias, but still get the ?cPath=22 for that standard language link.

also, do i have to clear the cache after changing SFU settings or just when changes to aliases or products are made?

Need an easy base to start creating Oscommerce Modules?
https://oscompose.com/ (Forum Thread about OsCompose)

Hi @Stephan Gebbers

By default the main language is set not to appear in the url but you can change that by altering the option "Display default language alias?"

About the categories not being aliased there something must be happening I must check it by myself. Is it possible to send me via PM live link and more info so to check?  

About clearing the cache: you must clear the cache only when you manually change the alias or products are made - deleted or modified their names.

Posted (edited)

Problem fixed. Its a bug when the store has ONLY ONE category.

osCommercians who have only one category and using Seo Friendly Urls must go and comment the line 308

//elseif($citems==1) $children[] = $items[$clang]; //in case we have one category item without subcategories, rare but possible

In the next upcoming update this will be fixed...

@wHiTeHaT I asked from @Stephan Gebbers to send me info in PM because I knew that I had to investigate the problem on his live website.... After the bug fix I would ( as I did ) post the solution...

About $  - who fixes it, it's another story but it would be nice to see if there would be anyone here that could fix it... :-) 

Edited by gadlol

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, gadlol said:

About $  - who fixes it, it's another story but it would be nice to see if there would be anyone here that could fix it... :-) 

THAT'S what i am talking about.
Yet it is YOUR WORK.
Stick to that.... or get out with your crap.
As that is how it will go bee seen as.
it is not anothers problem.
it is a problem you created.

Edited by wHiTeHaT

another question.

if i change the language on a page, the page reloads, the language changes but the url does not refresh to the language url but stays and the initial language url alias

like, if you select german coming from english: www.domain.de/en/alias?language=de

initial url is www.domain.de/en/alias
then you switch language and get
www.domain.de/en/alias?language=de
(with language on the page already switched to german and canonical link (from canonical module) in page source changed to german already)
where i would expect the resulting url after language switching to be

www.domain.de/de/alias

Need an easy base to start creating Oscommerce Modules?
https://oscompose.com/ (Forum Thread about OsCompose)