• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Multiple order update

puddled

I do not have an option to print all linked - when I select print all it prints only the one page - must be printer based issue as I am on a laser as are most of my clients.

Have you checked this out - saw in contributions

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1235

Batch print is a module I created to allow you to collect all

your orders, put them into one PDF file and then print out the PDF file allowing you to "batch print" the orders all at the same time.

Some key features are:

- One customizable configuration file

- Optionally include orders based on status

- Optionally auto-change order statuses.

- Including Pay Method but exclude CC Numbers

(For invoicing or security)

- Optionally include order date

- Optionally include order number

- Optionally include customer comments posted when the order was placed.

- VERY minimal OSC core file editing. Very modular. I wanted to leave the core files as untouched as possible. Since I run a live site, if something is wrong with the script it won't bring down the site, or cause problems.

Yes I have that installed as well.

It does not work out of the box with pre MS1 Oscommerce, but can work if altered. Federico Rodriguez the guy who made is also currently trying to help me get it to produce one long html file. Rather than the pdf format, the basic pdf invoice is not as good to look at. I would like to use my exisitng html invoice that I aready like as it is.

I still think you need both as, it is ok for the batch printing say all pending to print and change status to processing, but if you only want to dispatch half the orders you need a tick box system to multiple change loads of statuses.

With regards to printing with this module I thought the print all linked documents was an Explorer feature, you have looked on the options page (2nd tab along) yes? There is no reason why a laser printer driver would not have this.

Nev

Yes I tried to get batch print to work but most of the time it wouldn't select any of my orders. When I posted on the forums I got no reply. I'd be interested in how to get this running with loaded5 or MS1

Hi all,

I'm new to this forum..., but have been using osc for sometime including a modified version of the multiple order update module (good work dave)

Although some of the mods are cosmetic, in reading the thread its possible this modified version could be of use.

Below is a quick summary of the functional modifications...

- Removed the unknown column 'o.ip_address'

- Now has two buttons to split the required action.

actionbuttons.gif

- List of Invoices, Packing Slips to print is now a 'popup window'

with option to leave selected orders checked, just makes life a little easier when you want to print the invoices and packing slips for the same set of orders.

- Order Number is displayed on Order, Invoice and Packing Slip

Instructions and modified files can be sent, just let me know.

Cheers

G.

radders,

The buttons are default ie6 on xp

They will look like normal form buttons on other systems...

actionbuttons_nt.gif

send me your email via PM and I'll send you the mods

Cheers

G.

Hi GKN,

I've just installed the mod and when I select a couple of order, choose packing slip and press 'List'

I get the message:

Error on page

Line 31 char 2

document.multiorders.new_status.value is null or not an object

Have I done something wrong?

Hi All,

I may have found the solution....

I've sent update files to a couple of those who contacted me. If I get favourable results I'll post them to the contribution.

Cheers

G.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey everyone,

Ive read the replies to the o.ip errors but I am getting something a little different and wondered if you could tell me where to look..

I get this on my orders_editable.php under the order list and about my status boxes

1054 - Unknown column 'orders_status_id' in 'field list'

select orders_status_id, date_added, customer_notified, comments from orders_status_history where orders_id = '147' order by date_added

[TEP STOP]

I looked through the database and found a column order_status_id but it was in a table called order_status

anyhelp would be appreciated..

ps. LOL, it took me hours to find the print all linked pages option in Explorer.. But i found it.. :) :oops:

any Idea?

• 1 month later...

The following modification will allow you to have all selected invoices/packing slips display on one page, and then using the cascading style sheet (CSS) page break option, print them on separate pages.

In admin/invoice.php and admin/packingslip.php you need to change all require/include statements to require_once(or include_once):

require_once('includes/application_top.php');

require_once(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'currencies.php');

include_once(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'order.php');

Also, you need to add in an option to check to see if an order ID ($oID) hasn't already been set (passed) in:

if (!isset($oID)) {$oID = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_GET_VARS['oID']);}

Now, in admin/edit_orders.php replace the invoice and packing case statements with the following:

case 'invoice': {
   $number_of_orders_query = tep_db_query("SELECT count(*) as total FROM " . TABLE_ORDERS . "");
   $number_of_orders = tep_db_fetch_array($number_of_orders_query);
   $j = $number_of_orders['total'];

$p=0;
   do {
       $option[$p];
       if (!$option[$p] ==''){
           $oID = $option[$p];   // set orderID to pass into invoice
          require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . 'english/invoice.php'); // set language params
          include('invoice.php');
          echo '<br style="page-break-after:always;">'."\r\n";
        }
       $p++;
   } while ($p<$j);
    ?>
      <a href="orders_editable.php">Return to orders page</a>
    <?
    break;

}

case 'packing': {
   $number_of_orders_query = tep_db_query("SELECT count(*) as total FROM " . TABLE_ORDERS . "");
   $number_of_orders = tep_db_fetch_array($number_of_orders_query);
   $j = $number_of_orders['total'];

$p=0;
   do {
       $option[$p];
        if (!$option[$p] ==''){
       $oID = $option[$p]; // set orderID to pass into packingslip
       require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . 'english/packingslip.php'); // call language params
       include('packingslip.php');
     echo '<br style="page-break-after:always;">'."\r\n";
         }
       $p++;
   }
   while ($p<$j);

?>
      <a href="orders_editable.php">Return to orders page</a>
    <?
   break;

}

Give me feedback on how this patch worked for you, and I'll see about posting it as part of the contribution. And possibly add in a pick list option. B)

jackhandy - http://jackhandy.com

• 1 year later...

Hi,

I installed this Multi Orders update and whne I choose few rders to change the status, the status of the orders is changed but this is not wrote in the order history.

Is this something wrong with this contributions or just missing in the code???

I have to know...:)

• 1 month later...
Hi,

I installed this Multi Orders update and whne I choose few rders to change the status, the status of the orders is changed but this is not wrote in the order history.

Is this something wrong with this contributions or just missing in the code???

From what I see, the orders' status are actually kept in two places, orders_status in the orders table holds the current status of the order (the one which is searchable, shows up in the orders listing in the admin, etc), and also in the orders_history table, where the latest entry for an individual order is synchronised to the orders_status described earlier, when you use the standard OSC way of updating an order's status. This is done by using the function update_order, which also takes care of adding comments and emailing the customer.

Now, this contribution only updates the orders_status, by doing a straight SQL UPDATE command, it does not update the orders_history, or use the update_order function to take care of comments and emailing.

Hence, if somebody with slightly better skills than my humble self can update this contribution to use the update_orders function, and optionally add comments to the order, it would be a big improvement. (I've been struggling with this for quite a while, it would require some rewriting of the update_order function which seems to be designed for one-by-one operation only).

Also, I'm not sure if it's possible, but if one were to put in a text box, where order numbers can be input line by line (either by hand or through a barcode scanner, for those who use a barcode contribution on their invoice/packing slips), we could have a very very good high-speed automated way of tracking and updating orders efficiently for relatively high-order-volume sites. Just scan,scan,scan,scan all packing slips for shipped orders, choose to change the status to shipped, put in a comment like "order shipped 01/01/1979", press update, and bam, all taken care of, instead of going order by order and updating them.

Yes you could but why bother. Just use the newly updated Batch Print Center contribution

Actually I would... but the most interesting aspect of it for me is the label printing... and both in its original standalone form and as part of the batch print center, it just does not work... Misses half the orders, does not change their status at all... still stuck doing it by hand!