• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Multiple order update

puddled

Just released to the contributions section is a multiple order update tool.

This mod allows for the updating of several orders status in one go.

Also has the facility to bring up specific orders to allow printing of invoices / packing slips, without having to go through each individual order process in turn.

This package is still in beta, but has been tested with MS1 and CVS2.2, being created with the latest snapshot (11/04/2003)

Very simple to install, with only one line of code added to the customers box on the admin side.

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1152

Instant idiot......Just add mud !!

Thanks for this, if i can get it going it will be a life saver :)

Im running a pre. nov. 1st snapshot (october 29th, i think) so wasn't relly expecting it to work, but it almost does, so i thought it was worth asking here for ideas.

Initially i got an error regarding an IP address table being missing, so i just removed this from the query and it seems to work just fine, except for that i can select multiple orders and choose the status update etc. but when i press the 'submit query' button nothing happens, it is as if no information is being submitted.

The page all looks ok, this is the bottom of the page where the submit button resides, does this look in order?

1.jpg

Any help greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Matt

www.consoleplus.co.uk

David-

This looks to be a very cool module. I just downloaded and installed your module, but I am getting this error:

1054 - Unknown column 'o.ip_address' in 'field list'

select o.ip_address, o.orders_id, o.customers_name, o.payment_method, o.date_purchased, o.last_modified, o.currency, o.currency_value, s.orders_status_name, ot.text as order_total from orders o left join orders_total ot on (o.orders_id = ot.orders_id), orders_status s where o.orders_status = s.orders_status_id and s.language_id = '1' and ot.class = 'ot_total' order by o.orders_id DESC limit 0, 20

From what I can see the sql statement is looking for the ip_address field in the orders table. I am testing on the latest CVS of OsC and don't see an ip_address field. Is this a bug, or am I missing something?

TIA!

-Jack

jackhandy - http://jackhandy.com

Found a problem that might be the cause this for me and consoleplus,

the file orders_editable.php has reference to this file:-

<script language="javascript" src="includes/menu.js"></script>

Maybe i'm being stupid but I can't find this in my snapshot anyone have it in a later one I only have general.js.

Any ideas?

I still have the same problem, i found a few small errors in the code, but upon fixing them i still have the same result :(

Not sure about the menu.js, probably just a reference to some navigation code that was left in the code, i don;t think it causes our problem, but you never know! will take another look later today.

Cheers

Matt

• 2 weeks later...

I took the page and and ran "convert to xhtml" in dreamweaver mx and after that the page is working. There seem to be some fatal mistakes on the html forms.

"Use no way as way, have no limitation as limitation." - Bruce Lee

I tried that mazza did not work for me.

What snapshot are you using?

After looking at this over and over again I just can't see why it would work on a Ms1 but not on an earlier version. They are not that far apart.

I would understand if it came up with TEP errors, but this says nothing it just doesn't work.

Can anyone shed light on the differences between Ms1 and older snapshots that might cause this mod problems.

Please :wink:

Nev

After some searching through the code, I found why the submit button is not functioning. Around line 418 of orders_editable.php you'll find this:

<tr>

<td colspan="6"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">

<tr>

<td class="smallText" valign="top"><?php echo $orders_split->display_count($orders_query_numrows, MAX_DISPLAY_SEARCH_RESULTS, $HTTP_GET_VARS['page'], TEXT_DISPLAY_NUMBER_OF_ORDERS); ?></td>

<td class="smallText" align="right"><?php echo $orders_split->display_links($orders_query_numrows, MAX_DISPLAY_SEARCH_RESULTS, MAX_DISPLAY_PAGE_LINKS, $HTTP_GET_VARS['page'], tep_get_all_get_params(array('page', 'oID', 'action'))); ?></td>

</tr>

</table></td>

</tr>

Grab that code and move it about eleven lines down, just below this:

<td class="smallText" align="right"><?php echo HEADING_TITLE_STATUS . ' ' . tep_draw_pull_down_menu('new_status', $orders_statuses, '', ''); ?></td>

</td>

<td><input type=submit vlaue="edit Orders"></td>

</tr>

That should fix the problem. The reason this is done, is that the section of code that was moved had a "</form>" tag in it, which it's supposed to, but caused the submit button to do nothing.

Also:

Make sure you've deleted the three references to o.ip_address.

Excellent leolll & radders it's fixed.

Weird that it worked with a newer snapshot though don't you think?

Only things to sort out now:- No email is sent to customer when changing order status and the invoices not being put into one html file, to print all at once.

Any ideas??

Thanks for your hard work guys. :)

Nev

Yes I agree thatose things are what is needed. On the printing I thought of using the option to print all linked pages that you get from the normal print menu. When I tried that though it printed the list of orders rather than the javascript pop-ups. Maybe if the links were made without javascript and the return option was removed it would print all orders.

Sorry I'm not explaining this very well.

• 1 month later...

I've discovered how to mass print these things cleanly from the print window.

What you have to do is delete the javascript and the javascript part of the link and add a target="_blank"

then when you goto print you click print all linked documents and your invoices should all print out nice and neatly.

I can post code if someone would like.

Assault

If you want to find it you'll have to google "Assault T-Shirts" because posting my damn url in my signature is against the forum rules.

T-Shirts with an edge