Question -

I've loaded this on a Phoenix sandbox test store and on my proposed Phoenix primary store (both updated to 1.0.5.0).  This happens on both installs: clicking on the "See More" button re-orders the featured products, while removing the images.  My sandbox install is using my existing 2.3.4 store's images, etc.  However, my proposed primary Phoenix store is still using the default apples, lemons, tomatoes, etc.  I haven't touched the images folder.  The error is consistent between both.

The img src tag seems to be stuck on img src="images/" in the featured_products.php file.  The index.php file retains the full link to the image, but not in the featured_products.php file (it only shows the Alt Text, not the image).

Edited by TomB01

Hello Tom @TomB01,

Featured Products CE v2.1.0r1 still uses the deprecated setting:

Admin : Configuration : Product Listing : Product Image (defunct)

You have to leave this setting set to 1

This will be fixed in the next update.

42 minutes ago, raiwa said:

Hello Tom @TomB01,

Featured Products CE v2.1.0r1 still uses the deprecated setting:

Admin : Configuration : Product Listing : Product Image (defunct)

You have to leave this setting set to 1

This will be fixed in the next update.

That fixed it in both installs!  Thanks!

Glad to know it wasn't something I had messed up again. 😉

Uploaded Update with the above fix:

Featured Products CE v2.1.1

Changes version 2.1.1.:        
 - Updated featured_products.php for OSCOM CE Phoenix 1.0.4.x +

Featured Products CE v2.1.1.

Tested and working with Phoenix 1.0.5.1.

One small Notice error in: admin/featured_products.php can be fixed like this:

change line 122 to:

echo tep_draw_input_field('expdate', (isset($fInfo->expires_date) ? substr($fInfo->expires_date, 0, 4) . '-' . substr($fInfo->expires_date, 5, 2) . '-' . substr($fInfo->expires_date, 8, 2) : ''), 'class="form-control" id="expdate"');

"isset" instead of "tep_not_null"

FYI - It seems that every time I edit/add a Featured Product in Phoenix 1.0.5.0, it requires another Admin login and form re-submission.  Is this normal?  I haven't noticed it with any other Admin tool.

It sounds like your admin/includes/configure.php has something wrong configured.

Please post it without the database credentials at the end. I'll then have a look.

Uploaded Update:

Featured Products CE v2.2.0.

Changes version 2.2.0.:        
 - Updated featured_products.php to templateable page for OSCOM CE Phoenix 1.0.7.4.+
 - Updated content and box modules to abstract executable modules for OSCOM CE Phoenix 1.0.7.4.+
 - Updated content and box modules templates to match core coding
 - Updated admin/featured_products.php buttons to bootstrap buttons

Posted (edited)

After installing on 1.0.7.1 i got this error message in the shop (which disappers after removing the add-on)

Zitat

1146 - Table 'xxxxxxx_webshop.featured' doesn't exist

SELECT p.*, pd.*, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) AS specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) AS final_price, p.products_quantity AS in_stock, IF(s.status, 1, 0) AS is_special FROM products p LEFT JOIN products_description pd ON p.products_id = pd.products_id AND pd.language_id = '3' LEFT JOIN specials s ON p.products_id = s.products_id LEFT JOIN featured f ON p.products_id = f.products_id WHERE p.products_status = '1' AND f.status = '1' ORDER BY rand() DESC LIMIT 6

[TEP STOP]

Edited by EGLTD

Dum spiro spero 

24 minutes ago, EGLTD said:

After installing on 1.0.7.1 i got this error message in the shop (which disappers after removing the add-on)

Hallo Frank,

Which Featured Products version?

Which modules did you install?

Please provide always as much information as possible. Please see the following post:

How To Get The Help You Need

This is Version 2.3.0
I installed 1. the Box and then the featured products for index and index_nested.

Surprise: NOW it works until i click on one of the new entered featured products.
at the bottom appears (rigth beneath your button) LINK iS NOT.....

Dum spiro spero 

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, EGLTD said:

This is Version 2.3.0
I installed 1. the Box and then the featured products for index and index_nested.

Surprise: NOW it works until i click on one of the new entered featured products.
at the bottom appears (rigth beneath your button) LINK iS NOT.....

It's actually version 2.2.0. The version info in the modules is wrong, sorry.

Description:

Changes version 2.2.0.: - Updated featured_products.php to templateable page for OSCOM CE Phoenix 1.0.7.4.+

Instructions:

Featured Products CE v2.2.0. (CE Phoenix)
---------------------------------

Compatibility: Phoenix 1.0.7.4+
Lower versions, please use Featured Products CE v2.0.0.-2.1.1

Step 3:
 - Make sure you install at least one of the modules: content/index, content/index_nested. Once installed you can activate or deactivate them.

There is a typo here, sorry:
Lower versions, please use Featured Products CE v2.0.0.-2.2.1

Should be:
Lower versions, please use Featured Products CE v2.0.0.-2.1.1

Please use the correct version for your store. It should be Featured Products CE v2.1.1.

Edited by raiwa

index content module does not work, all you get is :  " Error! Unable to determine the page link! " 

both issues on 1075 ...

1 hour ago, rupruprup said:

new featured products do not save when you use "search" to add them ...

I have the fix prepared.

1 hour ago, rupruprup said:

index content module does not work, all you get is :  " Error! Unable to determine the page link! " 

both issues on 1075 ...

I can't reproduce this error.
Is this an unmodified store or do you have other modifications/addons?
Can you please make sure that it's the featured products module and check which link produces the error.

Meanwhile I found another issue with the products description which doesn't shorten the test. Seems this exists since several versions. I'm thinking to remove the descriptions option. It seems nobody needs it.

it was my modified test shop, the error appeard on the first displayed product card in the featured products module.

it was the shopping cart button.

the error log did not show anything

No idea. Please try to find out what happened. Seems to be an issue in your store.

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, rupruprup said:

index content module does not work, all you get is :  " Error! Unable to determine the page link!

both issues on 1075 ...

same here and the problem is if the products don't have attributes  you get the same error 

Error! Unable to determine the page link!

Tomatoes has attributes , Grapefruit without  attributes
image.thumb.png.00cfe30b9dbda123ddd4f11129a60d37.png
Hope this will help 

Edited by Omar_one

Get the latest Responsive osCommerce CE (community edition) here .

@Omar_one @rupruprup

The error is due to a missing global declaration of $PHP_SELF. Just add this to line 36 in the file ..\modules\content\index\cm_i_featured_products.php

global $languages_id, $currencies, $new_products_category_id, $category, $PHP_SELF;

31 minutes ago, kgtee said:

@Omar_one @rupruprup

The error is due to a missing global declaration of $PHP_SELF. Just add this to line 36 in the file ..\modules\content\index\cm_i_featured_products.php

Thanks I thought in the same direction. Will update ASAP.

11 hours ago, Omar_one said:

same here and the problem is if the products don't have attributes  you get the same error 

Error! Unable to determine the page link!

Tomatoes has attributes , Grapefruit without  attributes
image.thumb.png.00cfe30b9dbda123ddd4f11129a60d37.png
Hope this will help 

@Omar_oneThanks this helped

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, rupruprup said:

ty, I was sure that it's not my store ...

The problem was to say:

It's not correct  that the module didn't work and all you got was the error.

@rupruprup, I apreciate very much all your testing and reports, but please try to be precise. Screenshots are also very helpful.

Edited by raiwa

Uploaded Update with the above fixes:

Featured Products CE v2.2.1.

Changes version 2.2.1.:        
 - Fixed error in admin/featured_products.php with search option. Thanks to @rupruprup for the report
 - Fixed missing $PHP_SELF global in content modules. Thanks to @rupruprup, @Omar_one and @kgtee

On 7/18/2020 at 12:45 PM, raiwa said:

Uploaded Update with the above fixes:

Featured Products CE v2.2.1.

Changes version 2.2.1.:        
 - Fixed error in admin/featured_products.php with search option. Thanks to @rupruprup for the report
 - Fixed missing $PHP_SELF global in content modules. Thanks to @rupruprup, @Omar_one and @kgtee

Hello Rainer,

Just an error notice on Phoenix 1.0.7.9:

Undefined index: final_price in /xx/xx/xx/xx/includes/modules/content/index/templates/tpl_cm_i_featured_products.php on line 10

line 10 is:

<div class="card h-100 is-product" data-is-special="<?php echo (int)$products_data['is_special']; ?>" data-product-price="<?php echo $currencies->display_raw($products_data['final_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($products_data['products_tax_class_id'])); ?>" data-product-manufacturer="<?php echo max(0, (int)$products_data['manufacturers_id']); ?>">

Same like for related products.

I updated to 1.0.7.9 and do not see this error. I have error reporting set to "ALL"