Sorry Mark no idea how to do that.

I gave it a couple tries but I get some illegal string error.

It would probably need a major rewrite to be able to do what you want. Won't be able to make it with the code structure as it stands now.

If I should stumble over something useful I'll post it here.

Sorry but SQL stuff is not my forte.

Sorry Mark no idea how to do that.

I gave it a couple tries but I get some illegal string error.

It would probably need a major rewrite to be able to do what you want. Won't be able to make it with the code structure as it stands now.

If I should stumble over something useful I'll post it here.

Sorry but SQL stuff is not my forte.

@@Tsimi

no worries mate I will keep trying and see what I come up with

Thanks

M

Bootstrap 3 ROCKS!

(or it will if I ever get my head around it lol)

(and I think I have now (w00t) )

Hello,

If someone are insterest on "products width" for index module for EDGE version:

I tryed to upload, but only allow to upload Tsimi.

Thank for this contribution :)

**** To make this change works, you must to uninstall the module and lost your featured products.

in: cm_i_featured_products.php

Find:

$content_width = (int)MODULE_CONTENT_INDEX_FEATURED_PRODUCTS_CONTENT_WIDTH;
      $featured_products_content = NULL;

Replace with:

$content_width = (int)MODULE_CONTENT_INDEX_FEATURED_PRODUCTS_CONTENT_WIDTH;
      $product_width = (int)MODULE_CONTENT_NEW_PRODUCTS_DISPLAY_EACH;
      $featured_products_content = NULL;

Find:

while ($products_data = tep_db_fetch_array ($featured_products_query) ) {
        		$featured_products_content .= '  <div class="col-sm-6 col-md-4">';

Replace with:

while ($products_data = tep_db_fetch_array ($featured_products_query) ) {
        		$featured_products_content .= '  <div class="col-sm-' . $product_width . '">';

Find:

tep_db_query("insert into configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, date_added) values ('Number of Products', 'MODULE_CONTENT_INDEX_FEATURED_PRODUCTS_CONTENT_LIMIT', '6', 'How many featured products should be shown?', '6', '4', now())");

Add down:

tep_db_query("insert into configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, set_function, date_added) values ('Product Width', 'MODULE_CONTENT_INDEX_FEATURED_PRODUCTS_DISPLAY_EACH', '3', 'What width container should each product be shown in? (12 = full width, 6 = half width).', '6', '4', 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'12\', \'11\', \'10\', \'9\', \'8\', \'7\', \'6\', \'5\', \'4\', \'3\', \'2\', \'1\'), ', now())");

Find:

'MODULE_CONTENT_INDEX_FEATURED_PRODUCTS_CONTENT_LIMIT',

Add down:

'MODULE_CONTENT_INDEX_FEATURED_PRODUCTS_DISPLAY_EACH',

Save and upload.

**** To make this change works, you must to uninstall the module and lost your featured products.

Regards :)

Thanks for the suggestion.

You have a small typo in the first find/replace code.

MODULE_CONTENT_NEW_PRODUCTS_DISPLAY_EACH

This should be

MODULE_CONTENT_INDEX_FEATURED_PRODUCTS_DISPLAY_EACH

And you could reduce the choice of widths to maybe 6, 4 and 3? I don't think anyone will use 12, 10, 8, 7, 5, 2 and 1.

The same could/should be implemented inside the index_nested module.

Edited by Tsimi

Thanks for the suggestion.

You have a small typo in the first find/replace code.

MODULE_CONTENT_NEW_PRODUCTS_DISPLAY_EACH

This should be

MODULE_CONTENT_INDEX_FEATURED_PRODUCTS_DISPLAY_EACH

And you could reduce the choice of widths to maybe 6, 4 and 3? I don't think anyone will use 12, 10, 8, 7, 5, 2 and 1.

The same could/should be implemented inside the index_nested module.

Yes, should be like you said :) in my shop are like you said, I make a mistake when I put here.

The choice are the same that products new module, I copy from there :)

I don't use yet the index_nested module, so I don't modify.

Will be interesting for upload as part as contribution?

Can someone please assist in installing Separate Pricing Per Customer.

The changes need to be done /includes/modules/content/index/cm_i_featured_products.php

I am not sure how to do it. Please help

@@CGhoST

Hi CG

I have never used the SPPC addon and therefore I am not familiar with its code and functions but I would guess you'll need to modify the query in all the featured products files that have a query inside them, just don't ask me how.

Maybe you could post that question in the SPPC topic maybe someone has the featured products addon already working with SPPC.

Sorry for not giving you better news and help but I have really no time to get into a large and complicate addon like SPPC at this moment.

Is your version of featured products supposed to work with my 2.3.4 BS Edge (from December 2016, with some updated files from February 2017)?

At least it does not work here (front end crashes when I activate the box module, the admin crashes when I call up the featured products setup in the catalog menu, saying database tables not found, which are in fact not there

Sever says:

PHP Warning: require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGESenglish/featured_products.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in ...... /featured_products.php on line 15
PHP Fatal error: require(): Failed opening required 'DIR_WS_LANGUAGESenglish/featured_products.php' (include_path='.:/opt/RZphp56/includes')

When the  content/index module is present in the folder, the screen is all white when I change into the module setup in the admin backend.

Is there any way to get it running?

@@inra311

Hi Ingo

That's my bad I haven't updated the addon with the latest changes of the Edge version.

Give me 1 day to get this done and I'll upload a new, fixed version.

There are some definitions that need to be replaced like this for example

DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS

this doesn't exist anymore in the latest Edge version. There are a few more that need to be replaced.

Sorry for this inconvenience.

Regards

Lambros

@@inra311

Please download latest version 1.4 and give it another try.

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/9355

Just make sure you uninstall the old modules first if you did install them and then just replace all files with the ones from the new package.

Also check the code inside the application_top.php file that one needs to be updated as well.

Edited by Tsimi

Can someone please assist in installing Separate Pricing Per Customer.

The changes need to be done /includes/modules/content/index/cm_i_featured_products.php

I am not sure how to do it. Please help

@CGhoST

Have you fixed this?  I'm also trying to install Featured Products BS over SPPC, looks promising for now, but there is some mess with sppc and specials.

@goyan

Do you have the SPPC group pricing showing in Featured Products?

If so could you please show how to do it?

From my understanding the following code needs to be implemented in /includes/modules/content/index/cm_i_featured_products.php

if (isset($_SESSION['sppc_customer_group_id']) && $_SESSION['sppc_customer_group_id'] != '0') {
    $customer_group_id = $_SESSION['sppc_customer_group_id'];
  } else {
    $customer_group_id = '0';
  }

if ($customer_group_id !='0') {
    $customer_group_price_query = tep_db_query("select customers_group_price from products_groups where products_id = '" . (int)$_GET['products_id'] . "' and customers_group_id =  '" . $customer_group_id . "'");
    if ($customer_group_price = tep_db_fetch_array($customer_group_price_query)) {
      $product_info['products_price'] = $customer_group_price['customers_group_price'];
    }
  }

I just dont know how to do it. If someone can help it would be much appreciated.

Dear @Tsimi and @auzStar

It would be a great idea to create a Front Page Featured Products Carousel BS for this great addon.

I understand that it would only modify the Category New Products Carousel addon and use the existing products in the Featured Products database.
I'm not a programmer, but for geniuses like you, it would be very easy.

What do you think?

Best regards

Valqui

Setting up a new Frozen site with so many nice addons available on the market and waiting to be admitted to Phoenix club!

Community Oscommerce fan :heart:

Hi @valquiria23

I haven't looked at the Featured Products BS add-on for quite a while.

I think I created something like a carousel for my old shop that I had. Maybe I can dig out the files and see if I can pack it into a nice module.

Give me a day or two and I get back to you.

Hi @valquiria23

Try this package I have attached (zip file below).

See sample here: http://www.auzcommerce.com.au/osc234bs_test/

I assume you have other front page modules so you should have the code below inside your index.php file (near the bottom):

<div class="row">
  <?php echo $oscTemplate->getContent('front_page'); ?>
</div>

cheers

front page featured products carousel.zip

Edited by auzStar

My Add-ons
Advanced Cache Control Tool for osCommerce 2.3.x (non-bootstrap) Download Support
Ajax Product Listing for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap) Download Support
Category New Products Carousel for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap) Download Support
Category Popular Products Carousel for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap) Download Support
Customer Testimonials for osCommerce 2.3.4 (bootstrap and non-bootstrap) Download Support
Front Page New Products Carousel for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap) Download Support

Index Nested - Product Listing for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrapDownload Support
Match Categories in Search Results for osCommerce versions 2.3.x (non-bootstrap) Download Support
Modular Category Page for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap)
Download Support

NEW Australia Post Shipping Modules for osCommerce 2.3.x (non-bootstrap) Download Support
NEW Equal Height Module for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrapDownload Support
Products Low Stock Report for osC 2.3.x (bootstrap and non-bootstrap) Download Support
Twitter Typeahead Autocomplete Search for osCommerce 2.3.4 (bootstrap and non-bootstrap)
Download Support

Upcoming Products Modules for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap) Download Support

Assisted Add-ons
Scroll Boxes for osCommerce 2.3.x (bootstrap and non-bootstrap) Download Support

Bootstrap Add-ons created by other members
osCommerce Bootstrap Addons and Code

Dear  @auzStar

the module works impeccably!

Some comments:
Can it be done like a index content module and not as a new "front_page" category to work in the lastes osC 2.3.4.1  ?
I would like to put it under the Customer Greeting and in this way I can not do it ...

It would be amazing to have modules also for the top-level category i.e. index_nested pages, and the sub-category product pages.

Best regards

Valqui

Setting up a new Frozen site with so many nice addons available on the market and waiting to be admitted to Phoenix club!

Hi @valquiria23,

Apologies for late reply. This front page version of the featured products carousel was something I began working on a while ago and never got around to creating the index version etc.

Sorry, but at the moment I don't have a lot of time for creating additional modules.

Although, you can get this front page version to work in index, by just moving all the files to the "index" folder instead of the "front_page" folder (also the language file). Remember to remove the "front page featured products carousel module" first in admin before moving the files. Once you have moved the files then install the module again and you will see that it will exist within the index group. Then just alter the "sort order" option to place in the order you want it to appear on the index (front) page.

You can see it working under the "customer greeting" at the sample link provided above.

Enjoy....

cheers

Edited by auzStar

My Add-ons
Advanced Cache Control Tool for osCommerce 2.3.x (non-bootstrap) Download Support
Ajax Product Listing for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap) Download Support
Category New Products Carousel for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap) Download Support
Category Popular Products Carousel for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap) Download Support
Customer Testimonials for osCommerce 2.3.4 (bootstrap and non-bootstrap) Download Support
Front Page New Products Carousel for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap) Download Support

Index Nested - Product Listing for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrapDownload Support
Match Categories in Search Results for osCommerce versions 2.3.x (non-bootstrap) Download Support
Modular Category Page for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap)
Download Support

NEW Australia Post Shipping Modules for osCommerce 2.3.x (non-bootstrap) Download Support
NEW Equal Height Module for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrapDownload Support
Products Low Stock Report for osC 2.3.x (bootstrap and non-bootstrap) Download Support
Twitter Typeahead Autocomplete Search for osCommerce 2.3.4 (bootstrap and non-bootstrap)
Download Support

Upcoming Products Modules for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap) Download Support

Assisted Add-ons
Scroll Boxes for osCommerce 2.3.x (bootstrap and non-bootstrap) Download Support

Bootstrap Add-ons created by other members
osCommerce Bootstrap Addons and Code

Dear Dominic  @auzStar 

this solution worked flawlessly !!! better impossible!

Thank you so so so much!! :heart::heart::heart::heart:

Please if at any time you have a few minutes, it would be amazing to have modules also for the top-level category i.e. index_nested pages, and the sub-category product pages.

Best regards and Enjoy your weekend!

Valqui

new version uploaded:

Featured Products BS v1.5.

Changes version 1.5:        
 - Updated for 2.3.4.1. CE Frozen
 - Updated template naming and auto inclusion in content modules
 - updated deprecated each function in featured_products.php
 - fixed undefined messages in admin/featured.php and admin/select_featured.php
 - sanitized search input in admin/select_featured.php
 - Added  "is-product" class and  "data-is-special"  in content modules and featured products page
 - Added "data-has-attributes", "data-in-stock" and "data-product-id" to "buy" buttons in content modules and featured products page.

New version uploaded:

Featured Products BS

Changes version 1.6.:        

- PHP 7.2 notice error fix in application_top.php
 - added admin/box module language file to avoid modifying main language file

Hello guys, I can not delete any featured products. The button is not there. What could it be ?

Hello Peter @Yepi, @Tsimi,

Seems the button is missing since the first BS version.

Please find in admin/featured.php line 213:

echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link('select_featured.php', 'page=' . $_GET['page'] . '&action=new') . '">' . tep_draw_button(IMAGE_SEARCH, 'search') . '</a>';
						echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link('featured.php', 'page=' . $_GET['page'] . '&action=new') . '">' . tep_draw_button(IMAGE_NEW_PRODUCT, 'plus') . '</a>';

and add below:

echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link('featured.php', 'page=' . $_GET['page'] . '&action=delete') . '">' . tep_draw_button(IMAGE_DELETE, 'minus') . '</a>';

Please confirm and I'll update the package