osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PHP 7

cornishpirate

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@@burt  I'm limited to Gary....my main hosting package doesn't have an option to change to php 7 and I don't think my test host does either but I'll check that and let you know.

Dan

PS:  Checked test hosting account and it is not an option there either.

Changing the codebase to deal with php7 is next on the to-do list.

Need help with that please.  Coding/Testing etc.

Hi, @@burt,

I have php7.1 installed on my vps. I volunteer to test.

My shop is optimized with pack  https://github.com/BrockleyJohn/Responsive-osCommerce/tree/php7_compatibility_01/ for php7 and work well.

Regards

No external links here, thank you

A general question: I am using the latest 'Master' version (gburton responsive master) and wonder in how far it is supposed to run under PHP 7 or not? at this time

At least, I switched to PHP 7.0 for a short test and was pleased to see that the shop, and also all my various wordpress websites, were still running, no white screens or error messages. I then went back to 5.6 as I could not afford intensive testing with the live shop at the moment.

What do you think, what to expect? And should I rather try 7.0 sooner or better wait a while?

I've been running 7.07 on my local machine but i just updated it to 7.16 32 bit and then up to 7.16 64 bit.  There are new vesions of xdebug for 7.0 and 7.1 both in 32 and 64 bit.

One thing i did serveral years ago following the advice of Apachehaus and Apache Lounge (recomended on php.net for windows 64bit Apache) is to set up Apache on it's on and php on it's own, as well as mysql on it's own.  Not as hard as you might think and the flexibility to change versions is really easy.  You can keep diferent php versions and and I can switch pretty quickly.  I aslo created a cmd file that i got from Xdebug so when I have an error I can click on the link and it opens up the file in netbeans on the error line. 

I can help with testing and maybe coding some, but i have the attention span of a housefly.

I'm not really a dog.

I'm happy to set up an account in my hosting for anyone who wants to do community testing - just let me know. Only snag is it's in UK

Contact me for work on updating existing stores - whether to Phoenix or the new osC when it's released.

Looking for a payment or shipping module? Maybe I've already done it.

Working on generalising bespoke solutions for Quickbooks integration, Easify integration and pay4later (DEKO) integration at 2.3.x

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, wath is the correct code fro work whit php7

error:

Deprecated: Function mcrypt_encrypt() is deprecated in /httpdocs/includes/modules/payment/apiRedsys/apiRedsysFinal.php on line 70
	function encrypt_3DES($message, $key){
		// Se establece un IV por defecto
		$bytes = array(0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0); //byte [] IV = {0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0}
		$iv = implode(array_map("chr", $bytes)); //PHP 4 >= 4.0.2

// Se cifra
		$ciphertext = mcrypt_encrypt(MCRYPT_3DES, $key, $message, MCRYPT_MODE_CBC, $iv); //PHP 4 >= 4.0.2
		return $ciphertext;
	}

Regards

Hi Lioelx,

I found this fix: https://github.com/eusonlito/redsys-TPV/commit/fe0304a8464317a57f75e75264f775e59731a698

Best regards :)

Thanks @@PiLLaO. @@Lioelx if we put that into the php 7 changes are you in a position to test it?

Contact me for work on updating existing stores - whether to Phoenix or the new osC when it's released.

Working on generalising bespoke solutions for Quickbooks integration, Easify integration and pay4later (DEKO) integration at 2.3.x

Hi, @@BrockleyJohn, At the moment I can not check anything, I have problems with my vps and my web a week ago.

No worries - I realised it's not one of the bundled payment modules anyway so I misspoke - but maybe you can upload it  to addons if the fix works.

• 1 month later...

Changing the codebase to deal with php7 is next on the to-do list.

Need help with that please.  Coding/Testing etc.

@@burt Gary, I lost track of where the php7 project is for Edge but in Github I managed to pull John's branch into my local branch (after dealing with a couple conflicts), the using the zip from that I ran a fresh install a "live" test shop using php 7.1.  

Hopefully what I have there is Edge up to the latest as of this date, then John's php7 work on top of that.

Install went fine, no errors showing.

A quick look around the test shop..no errors appeared but more looking needs done.

FYI on that

I am not a professional webmaster or PHP coder by background or training but I will try to help as best I can.

I remember what it was like when I first started with osC. It can be overwhelming.

However, I strongly recommend considering hiring a professional for extensive site modifications, site cleaning, etc.

There are several good pros here on osCommerce. Look around, you'll figure out who they are.

• 1 month later...

I had a problem with the site after upgrading the server to php 7 to a higher version (my php admin) in plesk. The site that went wrong for me is seo-google. Now I'm afraid to make upgrades on another server. Could this cause me any problem?

4 minutes ago, seogle said:

I had a problem with the site after upgrading the server to php 7 to a higher version (my php admin) in plesk. The site that went wrong for me is seo-google. Now I'm afraid to make upgrades on another server. Could this cause me any problem?

I think that is a woocommerce site. Do you also run an oscommerce site?

12 minutes ago, BrockleyJohn said:

I think that is a woocommerce site. Do you also run an oscommerce site?

maybe i dont know

I have no idea what it is

1 minute ago, seogle said:

no

We are focussed on oscommerce on this forum. You would be better to ask your question on stackoverflow

2 minutes ago, seogle said:

ok, I really thank you. I'll see if it's related to oscommerce

oscommerce is another online shop software. If you can't get woocommerce working properly on php7 come back to us and we'll help you get oscommerce working instead!

• 11 months later...

I'm stuck on this pdf catalogue function for testing upgrading to php7

pdf_catalogue.php from admin generating the store catalogues

Notice: A non well formed numeric value encountered in C:\xampp\htdocs\edge\admin\pdf_catalogue.php on line 150

if($this->GetY()+$h>$this->PageBreakTrigger) is the bugger generating hundreds notices

function CheckPageBreak($h)
    {
        //If the height h would cause an overflow, add a new page immediately
        if($this->GetY()+$h>$this->PageBreakTrigger)
            $this->AddPage($this->CurOrientation);

}

Any help on this one please :smile:

Getting the Phoenix off the ground

1 hour ago, wHiTeHaT said:

@Peper can be any $var in this case.

But can try them all, my hunch however:
see the (int)

if($this->GetY()+(int)$h>$this->PageBreakTrigger)

:biggrin: Thanks, working 100% no errors

Getting the Phoenix off the ground

Archived