Latest News: (loading..)
auzStar

[Addon] Twitter Typeahead Autocomplete Search for osC 2.3.4 (BS and nonBS)

48 minutes ago, inra311 said:

There was one little mistake in the fix:

replace preg_with mb_ereg_replace

I guess it should be

replace preg_replace with mb_ereg_replace

@inra311 you are correct.

Cheers, Eddy

On 5/27/2018 at 6:32 PM, auzStar said:

It seems that the cookie.js file (which this add-on needs) has been removed from the latest 2.3.4.1 CE version, not sure why.

The installation routine never checked for this file as it assumed it was always there. It only checked for the files that were being uploaded for this add-on.

I have attached a zipped copy of the file. Download and extract it to "ext/jquery" folder on your server.

See if that fixes your problem.

Hopefully nothing else has been changed in the latest 2.3.4.1 CE version to break add-ons.

Hi @auzStar,

What does this cookie.js do?  I do not have it on my latest osC Frozen but this add-on of yours works just fine.  Please advise.

Thanks, Eddy

I have this working on my BS4 test site but the search icon appears below the form. I applied this quick fix to user.css but am wondering if there is a better way. Does ht-twitter-typeahead.css need to be updated to BS4?

.input-group-append {
    margin-left: -42px;
}

The water in a vessel is sparkling; the water in the sea is dark. The small truth has words which are clear; the great truth has great silence.

- Rabindranath Tagore

Posted (edited)

@auzStar   hi,

thank you for this great addon. It is working great!

i also  install theme switcher and with few clicks, you can change the theme easily.
right now i am setting dark background and that make the search result hard to read, which file should I check to change the color setting for search result text color, and is there a way it can auto change depending on UI setting?

also i like to type a hint in the search blank area to let users know please at least type min 3 letters, which files should I change?

image.png.c972ed92f219496f933955bf85f70c9e.png

many thanks!

Lynn

Edited by ce7