• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Addon] Twitter Typeahead Autocomplete Search for osC 2.3.4 (BS and nonBS)

auzStar

@@frankl

Frank, if you look closely at the new code you just posted and the new code I posted you'll see they're not the same.

Anyhow, you've uncovered an anomaly anyway because having 1 dimension won't work if that setting is false. So I'll change it so that both dimensions are entered using the built-in SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH and SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT which are set in admin, then having an option in the module that allows you to reduce these sizes by a percentage that you set. That way the small images will be in the same proportion as the shop images.

Back to the drawing board.  :)

cheers

My Add-ons
Advanced Cache Control Tool for osCommerce 2.3.x (non-bootstrap) Download Support
Ajax Product Listing for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap) Download Support
Category New Products Carousel for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap) Download Support
Category Popular Products Carousel for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap) Download Support
Customer Testimonials for osCommerce 2.3.4 (bootstrap and non-bootstrap) Download Support
Front Page New Products Carousel for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap) Download Support

Index Nested - Product Listing for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrapDownload Support
Match Categories in Search Results for osCommerce versions 2.3.x (non-bootstrap) Download Support
Modular Category Page for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap)
Download Support

NEW Australia Post Shipping Modules for osCommerce 2.3.x (non-bootstrap) Download Support
NEW Equal Height Module for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrapDownload Support
Products Low Stock Report for osC 2.3.x (bootstrap and non-bootstrap) Download Support
Twitter Typeahead Autocomplete Search for osCommerce 2.3.4 (bootstrap and non-bootstrap)
Download Support

Upcoming Products Modules for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap) Download Support

Assisted Add-ons
Scroll Boxes for osCommerce 2.3.x (bootstrap and non-bootstrap) Download Support

Bootstrap Add-ons created by other members
osCommerce Bootstrap Addons and Code

@@frankl

Actually, the easiest solution is to enter 'auto' as the height with the width of '50'. Using 'auto' means the image resizing will work regardless of that setting in admin "configuration->images->calculate image size". That setting only applies if one of the dimensions is empty.

new code:

if (tep_not_null($results['products_image'])) {
              $results_array['img'] = tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $results['products_image'], NULL, '50', 'auto', '', false);
            } else {
              $results_array['img'] = (MODULE_HEADER_TAGS_TWITTER_TYPEAHEAD_DISPLAY_NO_IMAGE_ICON == 'true' ? tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'no_img.png', NULL, '50', 'auto', '', false) : '');
            }

will soon be updating the add-on with this fix and also include an option to adjust image size (width only, since height will be auto)

the fix will also stop the image being responsive i.e. prevent reducing in size on smaller devices, the image will be fixed at whatever it's set at

cheers

Edited by auzStar

My Add-ons
Advanced Cache Control Tool for osCommerce 2.3.x (non-bootstrap) Download Support
Customer Testimonials for osCommerce 2.3.4 (bootstrap and non-bootstrap) Download Support

Match Categories in Search Results for osCommerce versions 2.3.x (non-bootstrap) Download Support
Download Support

NEW Australia Post Shipping Modules for osCommerce 2.3.x (non-bootstrap) Download Support
Products Low Stock Report for osC 2.3.x (bootstrap and non-bootstrap) Download Support
Twitter Typeahead Autocomplete Search for osCommerce 2.3.4 (bootstrap and non-bootstrap)
Download Support

Assisted Add-ons
Scroll Boxes for osCommerce 2.3.x (bootstrap and non-bootstrap) Download Support

New version has been added to the add-on:
http://addons.oscomm.../9351#tabs-hist

NOTE:
BS version has been updraged to v1.6
Non-BS version has been updraged to v1.5

CHANGES (bootstrap and non-bootstrap):

Added option to adjust the product image size for the image that appears in the drop down list.

CHANGES (bootstrap):

Fixed issue where the image size in the drop down list would reduce in size (being too small) in mobile view and other small devies.
The image will now be fixed at whatever size it's set at in the module option.

Bootstrap demo can be seen here:
http://www.auzcommer.../osc234bs_test/

cheers           

My Add-ons

Download Support

Download Support

Assisted Add-ons

• 3 weeks later...

NOTE:
BS version has been updraged to v1.7
No change to Non-BS version (still v1.5)

CHANGES (bootstrap):

Hardcode DIR_WS_* file paths inline with latest BS EDGE.

cheers           

My Add-ons

Download Support

Download Support

Assisted Add-ons

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Dom

Just installed the latest (correctly) 1.7  however I get this message and a list of files in admin

Module Check
The module is not correctly installed!
Please see the comments below and check your installation.

Refer to the Installation Instructions.

(then list of files)

The interesting thing is the module still works.

Any thoughts.

Cheers

Grandpa

@@grandpaj

Hi Dom

Just installed the latest (correctly) 1.7  however I get this message and a list of files in admin

Module Check
The module is not correctly installed!
Please see the comments below and check your installation.

Refer to the Installation Instructions.

(then list of files)

The interesting thing is the module still works.

Any thoughts.

Cheers

Grandpa

John, can you pm me the contents of your "DIR_WS_CATALOG" entry in your admin/includes/configure.php file please.

The module uses this entry in the config file to determine if your shop is in the root folder or in another folder i.e. catalog, and then can test that the modules files are all correctly installed. Something has gone haywire with this test. This has been tested and seemed to work. It is the same installation check routine in the customer testimonials module which was also proven to work by another forum member.

The module will still work if installed correctly as you pointed out, but it's just not locating the files. Sorry, but I thought all bases were covered for the installation check routine to work correctly  :blush:, back to the drawing board.

I just need to see the contents of  "DIR_WS_CATALOG" to help troubleshoot.

cheers

My Add-ons

Download Support

Download Support

Assisted Add-ons

NOTE:
BS version has been updraged to v1.8
Non-BS version has been updraged to v1.6

Upgrade only required if module reports that all modules files are missing when in fact they are not, but the module still works. 
(Thanks to @@grandpaj for reporting the issue)

Only one file to replace if upgrading (no need to remove module before upgrading).

CHANGES (bootstrap and non-bootstrap):
Fixed module "correct installation check" routine, where in some server installations the module would report all modules files are missing, but the module still works.

Non-Bootstrap demo can be seen here:
http://www.auzcommerce.com.au/osc234/catalog/

cheers

Edited by auzStar

My Add-ons

Download Support

Download Support

Assisted Add-ons

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, I installed v1.8 as noted in the readme file, I have osc2.3.4 none bs.

The search box do nothing when I type, I tried to replace the module file bm_search with the original file, remove and reinstall the search module box, but nothing happened.

What else could i try ? where can i look ? thank you for any suggestions :)

@@Psytanium Did you install the wrong version?...in Doms note above he says...

Non-BS version has been upgraged to v1.6

Dan

Thanks Dan.

@@Psytanium Dan is correct, you need to install v1.6 non-BS version. BS version will not work on non-BS osC.

In the package, the non-BS version is inside the folder "234" not "234bs".

cheers

My Add-ons

Download Support

Download Support

Assisted Add-ons

@@Psytanium

@@Dan Cole i used the latest version (1.8) of this addon is that wrong ? should i delete the files and use 1.6 ? thanks :)

Did you read my comments in the post above? http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/408210-addon-twitter-typeahead-autocomplete-search-for-osc-234-bs-and-nonbs/page-6#entry1749801

Yes you need to undo the changes you made with the v1.8 bs version and install the v1.6 non-bs version (from the same v1.8 package). Use the 234 folder in the package, this contains the version you need (it's v1.6 non-bs) for your osC234. The readme text files explain which versions to use.

cheers

My Add-ons

Download Support

Download Support

Assisted Add-ons

@@auzStar now i get what Dane Col asked me, yes I installed the correct version, 1.6 none bs extracted from 1.8

I uploaded the files correctly, installed the module "Twitter Typeahead Autocomplete Search" in modules, status is "The module is correctly installed"

What else should I do ? I turned on the search module on the left column, but when type nothing happen.

My question, does you module work through modules/bm_search ?

@@Psytanium

The module works with "includes/modules/boxes/bm_search", as you can see here http://www.auzcommerce.com.au/osc234/catalog/. This demo site is also mentioned in the documentation.

Can you please provide me with a link to your website so that I can see what the problem could be? (You can PM me the link if you prefer).

cheers

My Add-ons

Download Support

Download Support

Assisted Add-ons

The issue above was trying to use the add-on on a non-standard search box in a heavily customised store.

cheers

My Add-ons

Download Support

Download Support

Assisted Add-ons

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

@@auzStar I'm playing with the search bar, making it hidden on load of small view and unhiding by pressing a button. This addon doesn't like this behaviour because the fist thing it looks for is if the search input control is visible or not:

var search_input = $('form[name="quick_find"] input[name="keywords"]');

if (search_input.is(":visible")) {
   // do all the stuf...
 }

what's the reason for this line?

@@piernas

It's just a js check to make sure the search box is there. You can remove it if you like. :)

Might change it in the next version to check if the actual search module is installed and enabled.

cheers

My Add-ons

Download Support

Download Support

Assisted Add-ons

Hi auzStar,

we still have the issue of products not found if special characters ä,ö,ü involved, like in the following example:

rose flower: german term is: Rosenblüten

no products found with:

http://www.holistikum.com/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=rosenblü&search_in_description=1&x=0&y=0

products found with:

http://www.holistikum.com/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=rosenbl&search_in_description=1&x=0&y=0

it would be great hearing from you.

Kind regards,

Zoltan

@@Zoltan

When I put Rosenblüten in the search box and hit enter it also returns no results (even though these products exist). It's seems it's still an issue with your store setup as has already been discussed in earlier comments here: http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/408210-addon-twitter-typeahead-autocomplete-search-for-osc-234-bs-and-nonbs/page-4#entry1741623

Did you try Gergely's suggestions some time ago, they are here: http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/408210-addon-twitter-typeahead-autocomplete-search-for-osc-234-bs-and-nonbs/page-5#entry1741650

I also noticed you have SEO URLS, try turning that off to see if it makes a difference. Other people have reported having some issues with SEO URLS.

cheers

Edited by auzStar

My Add-ons

Download Support

Download Support

Assisted Add-ons

• 1 month later...

@@crimble crumble

You can actually have that happen a couple different ways besides this.  Here's a solution.  In product_info find the line below.  Your line may vary some but you're looking for the line beginning with "<?php echo tep_draw_form"

<?php echo tep_draw_form('cart_quantity', tep_href_link('product_info.php', tep_get_all_get_params(array('action')). 'action=add_product', 'NONSSL'), 'post', 'class="form-horizontal" role="form"'); ?>

and change it to

<?php echo tep_draw_form('cart_quantity', tep_href_link('product_info.php', tep_get_all_get_params(array('action')). 'action=add_product', $request_type), 'post', 'class="form-horizontal" role="form"'); ?>

Basically, you're changing NONSSL to $request_type and this will do ssl if on https and will do nonssl if on http.

Another solution and something you should consider is going all SSL for all pages.  There are some threads on it.

I'm not really a dog.

@@crimble crumble

You're welcome and you can check out this thread for going all ssl http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/410451-time-to-get-secure-if-you-havent-already/

If you're on a good server I don't think you'll see a noticeable difference.  All SSL is the future.

I'm not really a dog.

@@crimble crumble

When searching for a product from secured pages (account area/ssl) the resulting links are to secured product pages (https instead of http), so when you add the product to your cart the following security warning pops up using firefox "The information you have entered on this page will be sent over an insecure connection and could be read by a third party. Are you sure you want to send this information?" Is there a way for the search box to link to non secure product pages from secure pages to avoid this warning?

I haven't found a solution yet so perhaps I will exclude the search box from the account/checkout area for now.

Sorry for late reply (travelling).

Are you using the latest version of the module? (early versions had a bug relating to SSL/NONSSL)

I did some testing with latest versions of I.E. EDGE, Firefox and Chrome and could not replicate your issue. Results of testing were that "resulting links" were "http" as expected (i.e. when clicking on a product from the dropdown list while in "https" account area redirected to "http" product info page).

Can you confirm? (make sure you're using latest version of the module)

cheers

My Add-ons

Download Support

Download Support

Assisted Add-ons