• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Addon] Twitter Typeahead Autocomplete Search for osC 2.3.4 (BS and nonBS)

auzStar

@@Zoltan,

The pity is that it's now April and you can't check if the encoding problem has been solved.

We do not know if your Date shows now correct encoded or not.

Otherwise it would be helpful to know if you discovered something which was wrong and what and how you changed it.

Again we try to help as best as we can, but without more specific information it's very difficult.

The only way to be sure that it's a problem of your store installation or your server or the search module would be to install a new clean osc2.3.4  store under a subdirectory on your server and add the search module and try.

regds

Rainer

Edited by raiwa

@ Raiwa,

thanks. Yes installed a fresh  2.3.4. and it worked, obvioously, or what do you think:

http://belladonna.firma.cc/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=micros%C3%B6ft&search_in_description=1&x=0&y=0

If this is the case, now I have to go through all my installations which is a lot of work. We migrated from an older OSC to 2.3.4. and added about 15 extensions.

Is there any other possibility for a workaround ?

Thanks for your help.

kind regards,

Robin

@[Zoltan]

The problem seems to be with your store, and not the add-on as we originally thought. We have already tried to help and provided work arounds without success. My suggestion is you upgrade to the latest osc bootstrap version. It will be worth the upgrade in the long run. :)

My Add-ons
Advanced Cache Control Tool for osCommerce 2.3.x (non-bootstrap) Download Support
Ajax Product Listing for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap) Download Support
Category New Products Carousel for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap) Download Support
Category Popular Products Carousel for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap) Download Support
Customer Testimonials for osCommerce 2.3.4 (bootstrap and non-bootstrap) Download Support
Front Page New Products Carousel for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap) Download Support

Index Nested - Product Listing for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrapDownload Support
Match Categories in Search Results for osCommerce versions 2.3.x (non-bootstrap) Download Support
Modular Category Page for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap)
Download Support

NEW Australia Post Shipping Modules for osCommerce 2.3.x (non-bootstrap) Download Support
NEW Equal Height Module for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrapDownload Support
Products Low Stock Report for osC 2.3.x (bootstrap and non-bootstrap) Download Support
Twitter Typeahead Autocomplete Search for osCommerce 2.3.4 (bootstrap and non-bootstrap)
Download Support

Upcoming Products Modules for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap) Download Support

Assisted Add-ons
Scroll Boxes for osCommerce 2.3.x (bootstrap and non-bootstrap) Download Support

Bootstrap Add-ons created by other members
osCommerce Bootstrap Addons and Code

@ AuzStar,

Thanks for your suggestion. Yes this now might me the best idea. Do you know the official link to the latest osc bootstrap version ? As we need special requirements for the German market ( legal regulations) we did not update yet. 

Kind regards,

Robin

Hi all,

@@Zoltan problems could be query collation problem where the query request contains non-coherens characters so the upgrade possible wont be help.

Sometimes the unix enviroment or localisation sets could be less than we need. Knock out the query to see the real query string or save it a separated log file. Use oscommerce admin for prepaire the query log system.

osCommerce installation manual contains direct instructions about the debugs. (see into older v2.2 pdf helps.  admin->configuration->logging->Store Database Queries e.t.c)

Later if the problem will be localized you could use collation commands in the query string for example something like this:

$where_str .= "(lower(pd.products_name) like '%" . tep_db_input($keyword) . "%' COLLATE utf8_bin or p.products_model like '%" . tep_db_input($keyword) . "%' or lower(m.manufacturers_name) like '%" . tep_db_input($keyword) . "%' COLLATE utf8_bin";

One another possible issue if @@Zoltan has missing conversion from latin_swedish_ci collated database tables to native utf8 characters.

:blink:
osCommerce based shop owner with minimal design and focused on background works. When the less is more.
Email managment with tracking pixel, package managment for shipping, stock management, warehouse managment with bar code reader, parcel shops management on 3000 pickup points without local store.

• 2 months later...

Hello, I installed the latest version this contribution v1.3 and me nothing works. I've installed locally and on the web server as well. I have version oscommerce 2.3.1, does not serve this contribution to my version of oscommerce ?. Thank you!!

@@david75  You do know that this contribution is for version 2.3.4 (responsive and non-responsive) as noted in the thread title?

Dan

Thanks Dan.

@@david75 It does also clearly state this in the install doco, and the folder structure in the install package is 234. There was a reason it doesn't work in osc2.3.1, from memory I think it was due to the older version of jquery in the osc2.3.1 version.

I probably should include the supported osc versions in the actual add-on's version history tab for each version of the download, even though it does have this information in the main description for the add-on on the download site.

cheers

My Add-ons
Advanced Cache Control Tool for osCommerce 2.3.x (non-bootstrap) Download Support
Customer Testimonials for osCommerce 2.3.4 (bootstrap and non-bootstrap) Download Support

Match Categories in Search Results for osCommerce versions 2.3.x (non-bootstrap) Download Support
Download Support

NEW Australia Post Shipping Modules for osCommerce 2.3.x (non-bootstrap) Download Support
Products Low Stock Report for osC 2.3.x (bootstrap and non-bootstrap) Download Support
Twitter Typeahead Autocomplete Search for osCommerce 2.3.4 (bootstrap and non-bootstrap)
Download Support

Assisted Add-ons
Scroll Boxes for osCommerce 2.3.x (bootstrap and non-bootstrap) Download Support

Hi Just got a little question about this add-on having checked the site i'm testing it on. It appears that the search doesn't search within the product description can anyone confirm if this is correct or is there a setting I can change that will allow the typehead search to search in description like standard search does?

Thank in advance

@@dnbvinyl

Hi Just got a little question about this add-on having checked the site i'm testing it on. It appears that the search doesn't search within the product description can anyone confirm if this is correct or is there a setting I can change that will allow the typehead search to search in description like standard search does?

Thank in advance

Hi Neil,

This is by design in this add-on. It's meant to be a quick search. (Searching title and model. Only the manufacturer is optional in the add-on). It functions the same as the quick search boxes in the osc234 bootstrap version. Only in the osc234 non-bootstrap does it search in description using the quick search box. Sounds like you must be using osc234 non-bootstrap. I left it like that because it's difficult to display search results in the drop down list when the results are in the description and then you have to try to highlight the matching letters, it's too messy. So I left it the same for both bootstrap and non-bootstrap versions of this add-on.

cheers

Edited by auzStar

My Add-ons

Download Support

Download Support

Assisted Add-ons

@@dnbvinyl

Hi Neil,

This is by design in this add-on. It's meant to be a quick search. (Searching title and model. Only the manufacturer is optional in the add-on). It functions the same as the quick search boxes in the osc234 bootstrap version. Only in the osc234 non-bootstrap does it search in description using the quick search box. Sounds like you must be using osc234 non-bootstrap. I left it like that because it's difficult to display search results in the drop down list when the results are in the description and then you have to try to highlight the matching letters, it's too messy. So I left it the same for both bootstrap and non-bootstrap versions of this add-on.

cheers

Thanks for the reply am using the osc234 bootstrap version changed the quick find on my site to search with in description. Needed to do this because of the items i sell.

Thanks for letting me know that it doesn't search within description , really like the mod but sadly guess I will have to leave it off the site. 

@@dnbvinyl

Thanks for the reply am using the osc234 bootstrap version changed the quick find on my site to search with in description. Needed to do this because of the items i sell.

Thanks for letting me know that it doesn't search within description , really like the mod but sadly guess I will have to leave it off the site. 

Future versions may include an option to "search in description" if I can get it to work cleanly  :).

cheers

My Add-ons

Download Support

Download Support

Assisted Add-ons

• 2 months later...

I have installed this on my website and all works as it should in 1st language

In the 2nd language which is french it does not, it supplies the results in English and not french

I have been advised that the most likely problem is  because of of the URL re writer - SEO URLS 5

Has anybody come across this issue or confirm that on there set up it is working on more than one language

Thank you

david

David

I have installed this on my website and all works as it should in 1st language

In the 2nd language which is french it does not, it supplies the results in English and not french

I have been advised that the most likely problem is  because of of the URL re writer - SEO URLS 5

Has anybody come across this issue or confirm that on there set up it is working on more than one language

Thank you

david

David, I have confirmed that it works with multiple languages in my trial testing but not using French. In previous posts have also confirmed that it works with accented characters. Hence the module does use the selected store language correctly.

Have you tried turning off SEO URLS 5 to see if that is causing the issue?

Have you modified any of the module files, particularly "catalog\ext\modules\header_tags\twitter_typeahead\autocomplete.php" where (int)$languages_id is used in the sql query to retrieve the data?

cheers

My Add-ons

Download Support

Download Support

Assisted Add-ons

New version has been added to the add-on:
http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/9351#tabs-hist

NOTE:
BS version has been updraged to v1.5
Non-BS version has been updraged to v1.4

CHANGES (bootstrap and non-bootstrap):

Added options to "search in description", including options to show full description, short description or show no description.
(short description will show part of description where keywords have matched)

Added version number in module and a version check routine.

Added a module correct installation check routine.

CHANGES (bootstrap):

Added option to also search "Product SEO Meta Keywords" if "Product SEO" Header Tags module is installed with search enabled (on more recent BS EDGE versions).

Removed unnecessary meta tags from Product Preview (not required in preview).

Brought module inline with latest osCommerce BS EDGE coding standards and other minor improvements.

CHANGES (non-bootstrap):

Added 'Go to Product" button in Product Preview.

Other minor improvements.

Bootstrap demo can be seen here:
http://www.auzcommer.../osc234bs_test/

@@dnbvinyl You maybe interested in this version which includes option to search-in-description. Let me know what you think  :) 

cheers           

My Add-ons

Download Support

Download Support

Assisted Add-ons

@@frankl

I really like this addon Dominic, but the images on iPhone 5 are really tiny.

oops! sorry about that, the image code needs a little bit extra to stop the images from shrinking

in "catalog\ext\modules\header_tags\twitter_typeahead\autocomplete.php"

change lines 66 to 70 from:
            if (tep_not_null($results['products_image'])) {
              $results_array['img'] = tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $results['products_image'], NULL, '40', '');
            } else {
              $results_array['img'] = (MODULE_HEADER_TAGS_TWITTER_TYPEAHEAD_DISPLAY_NO_IMAGE_ICON == 'true' ? tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'no_img.png', NULL, '40', '') : '');
            }

to:

$results_array['img'] = tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $results['products_image'], NULL, '50', '', NULL, 'img-responsive');
            } else {
              $results_array['img'] = (MODULE_HEADER_TAGS_TWITTER_TYPEAHEAD_DISPLAY_NO_IMAGE_ICON == 'true' ? tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'no_img.png', NULL, '50', '', NULL, 'img-responsive') : '');
            }

the image size 40 or 50 on the 2 lines can be adjusted to suit but those figures are about right

will be fixed in the next version soon and probably include an option to adjust image size

thanks for reporting Frank

cheers

My Add-ons

Download Support

Download Support

Assisted Add-ons

David, I have confirmed that it works with multiple languages in my trial testing but not using French. In previous posts have also confirmed that it works with accented characters. Hence the module does use the selected store language correctly.

Have you tried turning off SEO URLS 5 to see if that is causing the issue?

Have you modified any of the module files, particularly "catalog\ext\modules\header_tags\twitter_typeahead\autocomplete.php" where (int)$languages_id is used in the sql query to retrieve the data?

cheers

This is now working, it was a issue with SEO URLS 5, a bespoke issue with my website

thank you

David

@@frankl

oops! sorry about that, the image code needs a little bit extra to stop the images from shrinking

in "catalog\ext\modules\header_tags\twitter_typeahead\autocomplete.php"

change lines 66 to 70 from:
              $results_array['img'] = tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $results['products_image'], NULL, '40', '');
            } else {
              $results_array['img'] = (MODULE_HEADER_TAGS_TWITTER_TYPEAHEAD_DISPLAY_NO_IMAGE_ICON == 'true' ? tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'no_img.png', NULL, '40', '') : '');
            }

to:

$results_array['img'] = tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $results['products_image'], NULL, '50', '', NULL, 'img-responsive');
            } else {
              $results_array['img'] = (MODULE_HEADER_TAGS_TWITTER_TYPEAHEAD_DISPLAY_NO_IMAGE_ICON == 'true' ? tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'no_img.png', NULL, '50', '', NULL, 'img-responsive') : '');
            }

the image size 40 or 50 on the 2 lines can be adjusted to suit but those figures are about right

will be fixed in the next version soon and probably include an option to adjust image size

thanks for reporting Frank

cheers

oops! again

sorry, correction to the modified code above

replace lines 66 to 70 with the code below (the change above still worked but this is the correct code now :)):

$results_array['img'] = tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $results['products_image'], NULL, '50', '', '', false);
            } else {
              $results_array['img'] = (MODULE_HEADER_TAGS_TWITTER_TYPEAHEAD_DISPLAY_NO_IMAGE_ICON == 'true' ? tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'no_img.png', NULL, '50', '', '', false) : '');
            }

will post an update to the add-on soon

cheers

My Add-ons

Download Support

Download Support

Assisted Add-ons

@@frankl

Are you sure? Not on my demo site, which is using that new code, and localhost testing was fine too: http://www.auzcommerce.com.au/osc234bs_test/

My Add-ons

Download Support

Download Support

Assisted Add-ons

@@auzStar Just cleared cookies, cache etc and I'm sure. I sent you a PM.

@@frankl

Just checked out your store Frank. I see what you mean.

Can you check the setting in admin "configuration->images->calculate image size". If it's false try setting it to true, to see if that makes a difference. If it was false (and setting to true fixes it) is there any reason why it was false?

The reason for only having one dimension (width) in the code and not both (width and height) is so that the image will display proportionally i.e. the height is adjusted automatically incases where images vary in dimensions and are not square. I used width for the fixed dimension so that the column width would be the same for all images, for appearances sake. But for this to work it requires that setting to be true. I may have to make some changes in cases where admin have it set to false.

But that doesn't explain why you didn't have the problem with my previous code modification since there was only one dimension there also, and also with the original code.

Let me know how you go.

cheers

Edited by auzStar

My Add-ons

Download Support

Download Support

Assisted Add-ons

Still the same Dominic.

configuration->images->calculate image size is set to true

Just to confirm, the original code

} else {
            }

results in an image 79 x 79 px (see here) which looks tiny on an iphone

The new code

$results_array['img'] = tep_image(DIR_WS_PRODUCT_IMAGES . $results['products_image'], '', '', '50', '', false);
            } else {
              $results_array['img'] = (MODULE_HEADER_TAGS_TWITTER_TYPEAHEAD_DISPLAY_NO_IMAGE_ICON == 'true' ? tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'no_img.png', NULL, '50', '', '', false) : '');
            }

results in an original sized pic on the desktop (see here) which looks huge on an iphone.

osCommerce user since 2003! :thumbsup: