• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Verisign Payflow Link v1.3 Contribution Problems

desi

You arent the only one as I was having it too. I think I have narrowed the problem down to the way the address is sent to Payflow and then verified via AVS. For example, the PayFlow contrib sends the apartment number *line two of address* to Payflow's site as part of the line one address. Example Addr1 + Addr2 = Addr that the contrib sends to Payflow. Having implimented Payflow on other platforms, and reading the documentation that comes with the Payflow client, this is the incorrect way to use the address for AVS.

I am not quite sure what module you are using. The most recent ones are designed for the new checkout process which was implemented in November 0f 2002.

I have payflow link working on test site in test mode, but I am also using snapshot from february of this year 2003.

It sounds like you might be using a new version of the module with an older snapshot.

• 2 weeks later...

Bob,

Can you tell me the basics of how to configure the return step of the verisign module?

I have OSC 2.2 MS1 with version 1.2 of the Payflow Link module. This seems to work fine up to the point where the transaction is (sucessfully) approved by the Verisign gateway. I can't get the next step to work where it returns to OSC to complete the checkout.

I suspect this is something trivial that I have not configured correctly at the Versign end. Can you confirm how to set this up to work with the OSC module?

For example I currently have the return method set to POST and the return URL points to verisignreturn.php. However my Versign config also still displays the payflowlink.cfm page on their site before returning to OSC (not sure if it is possible to turn this off).

Any help you can give me would be very welcome since it is driving me nut!

Thanks,

Tim

Thanks Bob. Glad I am not the only one.

The main problem I have though is that I can't get the verisignreturn.php page to work at all. Below are the errors that I get.

Do you know if it enough to configure return method=POST and set the return URL to point to versignreturn.php?

Notice: Undefined index: osCsid in C:websitessite03wwwrootcatalogverisignreturn.php on line 15

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at C:websitessite03wwwrootcatalogverisignreturn.php:15) in C:websitessite03wwwrootcatalogincludesfunctionssessions.php on line 67

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at C:websitessite03wwwrootcatalogverisignreturn.php:15) in C:websitessite03wwwrootcatalogincludesfunctionssessions.php on line 67

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at C:websitessite03wwwrootcatalogverisignreturn.php:15) in C:websitessite03wwwrootcatalogincludesfunctionsgeneral.php on line 29

I am at work now. Last check, my verisignreturn script was working. I will check when I get home. There were two contributions that came out at about the same time. I do not remember which one I used, but all I did was what you mentioned and I did not receive any errors.

Thanks again Bob. It is good to have confirmation that at least someone has this working sucessfully.

I will go back and check that I haven't mixed the source files. As far as I can see there are two releases of the Payflow Link code: 1.2 and 1.3. I have tried both but an currently using 1.2. I couldn't get 1.3 to install at all.

OK. Success! I have it working.

I suspect I am not the only one confused with the Payflow Link contributions so here is a summary of what I have found.

There are several Payflow Link modules around:

A) http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,967

B) http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,167

C) http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,57

Note A is filed under credit modules rather than payment modules.

I have managed to get A & B working but only by modifying the code. Haven't tried C. (For B I used version 1.2). I am using OSC 2.2 MS1.

The code modification I had to make is the same for both A&B above since they share very similar code in verisignreturn.php.

I change line 15 of verisignreturn.php to:

$$HTTP_POST_VARS[$HTTP_POST_VARS['USER1']] = $HTTP_POST_VARS['USER2'];

The original code was trying to read both POST and GET variables and therefore caused an error when the transaction data is posted from the verisign receipt page (payflowlink.cfm).