• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Password

mudpeye

Hello:

Is there any way you can change the password within the file manager in c-panel.

I got the site working and tried to change the pass word in the administration panel,

hit save and the internet craped out. Now neither old or new passwords work.

I understand that it's encrypted, but there has to be somewhere in the code that

tells the system to encrypt the new password. I can't believe someone hasn't hacked

the code and done this. It's not as if your hacking someone else's website.

Please advice and thanks.

Robert

Hello:

Is there any way you can change the password within the file manager in c-panel.

I got the site working and tried to change the pass word in the administration panel,

hit save and the internet craped out. Now neither old or new passwords work.

I understand that it's encrypted, but there has to be somewhere in the code that

tells the system to encrypt the new password. I can't believe someone hasn't hacked

the code and done this. It's not as if your hacking someone else's website.

Please advice and thanks.

Robert

pls do not stuff your previous posts. Stuffs will be deleted

Consult with your hosting in this question.

:blink:
osCommerce based shop owner with minimal design and focused on background works. When the less is more.
Email managment with tracking pixel, package managment for shipping, stock management, warehouse managment with bar code reader, parcel shops management on 3000 pickup points without local store.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello:

Since nobody knows the answer, except password encrypted, and the big one, the sage advice from

Gergely "Action Hero". "Consult with your hosting in this question".

So I've decided to find the answer myself. So if anyone is interested here is the answer.

First go to your c-panel and bring up your website, in file manager. Click on admin and replace the .htpasswd_oscommerce file with the original in your upload file on your harddrive. Next go to your phpMyAdmin where you uploaded your SQL file. Go to your database and click on administrator. Here you can change your password back to the original login name and encrypted password.

This I figured out myself after getting back to the problem today and got the site up and running.

I hope this will be of help to other newbies of oscommerce.

Robert

P.S. Maybe I can become an "Action Hero" some day?

• 4 weeks later...

Hello:

Since nobody knows the answer, except password encrypted, and the big one, the sage advice from

Gergely "Action Hero". "Consult with your hosting in this question".

So I've decided to find the answer myself. So if anyone is interested here is the answer.

First go to your c-panel and bring up your website, in file manager. Click on admin and replace the .htpasswd_oscommerce file with the original in your upload file on your harddrive. Next go to your phpMyAdmin where you uploaded your SQL file. Go to your database and click on administrator. Here you can change your password back to the original login name and encrypted password.

This I figured out myself after getting back to the problem today and got the site up and running.

I hope this will be of help to other newbies of oscommerce.

Robert

P.S. Maybe I can become an "Action Hero" some day?

definitely if you read first the instructions in language file.

https://github.com/osCommerce/oscommerce2/blob/master/catalog/admin/includes/languages/english/administrators.php#L30

:blink:
osCommerce based shop owner with minimal design and focused on background works. When the less is more.
Email managment with tracking pixel, package managment for shipping, stock management, warehouse managment with bar code reader, parcel shops management on 3000 pickup points without local store.

@@mudpeye The password is encrypted when it is stored and is read-only so you can't retrieve it. It wouldn't be very secure if anyone can.

In the future, if you run into some problem it may be easier/faster to search the forums through google first by using a search string like:

site:www.oscommerce.com/forums words to search for

Here are the results for this topic. Oscommerce has been around a long time and most problems new users run into have been addressed many times so searching for them first will usually answer your question.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Archived