• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How bad is my load time?

I just finished modifying everything on my site. Now I'm worried about load times. If you have a dial-up modem (or even a broadband connection), try checking it out. I would appreciate any comments about how long it took to load all those pictures.

www.annakaydesigns.com

Also, if anything is confusing or ambiguous, please let me know.

Thanks. :wink:

For starters you might want to read this from the sticky at the top of this forum:

Not only do the general forum rules apply here, but any stores discussed here must have the "Powered by osCommerce" text displayed. Not only are you using osCommerce, but you will also receive valuable advice from the osCommerce community. If your site does not contain this, the posting will be deleted.

Might want to fix that.

I'm on cable so I have no way of knowing for sure but your images are HUGE. You really need to cut them down just to make the site look decent (it throws the whole thing off and you have to scroll sideways at 1024x768 to see it all :shock: )

Tim ... do add the osCommerce link to the bottom of the page, so I do not have to delete this thread.

Meanwhile, you might want to enclose your shop in a 750 <table>

I am on 1600 x 1200 and your home page is all out of alignment.

Then the product pages are edge to edge.

Adding a Center Shop type layout would help. Searching on Center Shop ... you can find a recent posting I made for someone else needing this as well.

I'll post the straigth link this time but should someone make make a sticky with links to most common validators and checkers. This is not the first time someone ask about their download times. Besides it is really useless to have someone test download times manually.

http://www.searchengineworld.com/cgi-bin/p...ydesigns.com%2F

"Use no way as way, have no limitation as limitation." - Bruce Lee

The combination of the Front Page graphics and your osc colors and the osc stock buttons don't coordinate well. Even the Front Page generated graphics are not the same colors.

d

[no external urls in signatures please, kthanks]

Archived