• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Where to change the look and colors of the store?

dariaw

Hi Guys,

I'm a graphic/web designer and I have just taken over this web store from another designer ( it's been created 3 years ago ) and I'm trying to match the look of the store somewhat to the website I am redesigning for my client. 

I am logged in to the Administration panel but I cannot find anywhere where to change or update the look of the store/colors? I only see an option for changing the logo. Am I in the right admin panel? I have seen people mention css in other threads but if only I could find where it's located... :)

I would appreciate if someone would point me where these changes can be made. 

Thanks a lot.

D.

First tell us what version of osCommerce you are using. That can be found in your Admin >> Tools >> Version Checker for all modern versions.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

I see version v2.3.4  which needs to be updated it seems

I also see something on the site about themes which makes me think I should be logged on somewhere else to explore those as well? 

Click on the last link in Kymation's signature above. The info in that add-on may be helpful, otherwise you will need to be manually editing various files like stylesheet.css contained in the root. 

Version 2.3.4 is the latest release. No updates are needed, although there are unreleased updates that may help with certain specific problems.

You can change a great deal of the appearance of osCommerce using Themes. New themes can be created on the Themeroller site and then installed in your store. If you have Theme Switcher installed (see below) you can change themes from your Admin. Otherwise it's a manual process. Anything not controlled by the theme can be changed by editing the stylesheet.css file in the root of the osCommerce store.

There are instructions for osCommerce in the download package. Instructions for installing themes with Theme Switcher are in the package linked below.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

• 4 months later...

Hi,

I too would like to change the look of my store to match my website.  I'm new to osCommerce and I'm not much of a computer tech.  As I read this string, kymation mentioned using Theme Switcher.  Can someone help me with how and where to upload it?  My OSC v2.3.1

Thanks for help.

Jeff

Archived