• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How to upgrade database from 2.3.3.4 to 2.3.4?

catalano

Hello,

We have a shop that we'd like to update from 2.3.3.4 to 2.3.4. As far as I can tell from searching these forums there's no easy way to simply 'update'. The consensus seems to be that the easiest way is to install a new instance of 2.3.4 and then update the old database. Is there any guide for doing that? Simple instructions would be great as I'm not an sql expert by any means.

Thank You,

CJ

From 2.3.3.4 to 2.3.4 there are just 2 queries that you can execute in your phpMyAdmin

insert into configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, set_function, date_added) values ('Allow Orders Not Matching Defined Shipping Zones ', 'SHIPPING_ALLOW_UNDEFINED_ZONES', 'False', 'Should orders be allowed to shipping addresses not matching defined shipping module shipping zones?', '7', '5', 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'True\', \'False\'), ', now());

alter table sessions modify sesskey varchar(128) not null;

Ok, so would this be the proper sequence of steps?

Take shop offline

Delete all existing shop files

Run database queries

Upload new 2.3.4 files

Put shop back online

Thank You,
CJ

From 2.3.3.4 to 2.3.4 there are just 2 queries that you can execute in your phpMyAdmin

insert into configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, set_function, date_added) values ('Allow Orders Not Matching Defined Shipping Zones ', 'SHIPPING_ALLOW_UNDEFINED_ZONES', 'False', 'Should orders be allowed to shipping addresses not matching defined shipping module shipping zones?', '7', '5', 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'True\', \'False\'), ', now());

alter table sessions modify sesskey varchar(128) not null;

No, you don't delete any existing files

You can run the DB queries, this won't really affect anything

The upgrade process for files, depend on how modified your existing store is. If it is not modified at all, you can simply upload the files of the upgrade zip and replace your old files

For any files that are modified, you need to do the changes manually

No need to put the shop offline

Thanks, I think I've done it.

No, you don't delete any existing files

You can run the DB queries, this won't really affect anything

The upgrade process for files, depend on how modified your existing store is. If it is not modified at all, you can simply upload the files of the upgrade zip and replace your old files

For any files that are modified, you need to do the changes manually

No need to put the shop offline

Archived