• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

OSC Newbie struggling with PayPal Payments Pro (Payflow Edition)

smoo

Hi folks.

I'm a complete novice at OS Commerce (I'm a Drupal developer for 10 years). I've inherited an installation of OSC, which the previous developer can no longer work on.

I'm hoping this community can help with a payment module issue, as I'm clearly in over my head.

My customer has been using Linkpoint (First Data) for credit card clearance, and Paypal Express Checkout for Paypal.
These both work fine, but - 
We would like to switch to using Paypal for both Credit/debit and Paypal checkout options.

I've found and installed the PayPal Payments Pro (Payflow Edition) and PayPal Payments Pro (Payflow Edition)  modules. I think I've done that correctly...

Working with some folks from Paypal, we got the account credentials set up apparently correctly.

I've been running tests, with all other payment modules (except COD and gift cert) turned off.

At this point we can check out successfully using Paypal, but not via credit card.
What happens is that the user fills out the credit card credentials and clicks "Continue"; the payment page is then refreshed, and the CC details are now gone from the fields - set back to their defaults.

There is no transaction recorded. Paypal have verified that no request comes in to their servers.

i can't find any logs that might help, nor are there any useful messages being displayed.

Any advice on how to debug this would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Sam,

Welcome to Oscommerce World. FYI, when you post on the forums it is most helpful to tell us what version you are using. I am assuming it must be an older one as we used to be able to connect to Linkpoint  / Firstdata on our old 2.2 version website, but have not found a solution to it being integrated into the newer 2.3 version website we now have set up. We have now gone fully to PayPal Pro using the App found here: http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/9184 That is for the newer 2.3 version software. If the website you took over is still running on an older version than 2.3 then you may really want to think about upgrading it. 

To find your project version is easy if newer as you can just log into your admin side and look under Tools ---> Version Checker. If you do not see that option then probably have older version which can be found in your application_top.php file found in your catalog/includes folder of your website files. You can access those via FTP or file manager in your website cpanel of your host company.