• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Paypal App - Duplicate Tables - Please confirm

Mort-lemur

Hi,

On my development site which is 2.3.4 I have the paypal app installed and activated, although I have never added any live or sandbox credentials to it.

During an upgrade to the site it has been seen that there are 100's of duplicate entries in the database. (actually around 1000)

Could someone who is using the app please have a look at their database configuration table and check for duplicates of entries beginning with: OSCOM_APP_PAYPAL

Many Thanks

Now running on a fully modded, Mobile Friendly 2.3.4 Store with the Excellent MTS installed - See my profile for the mods installed ..... So much thanks for all the help given along the way by forum members.

I don't have the paypal app, but have the same symptoms for a few of my settings.

This sql will list duplucate configuration keys

use phpmyadmin or similar to run the sql query and find out exactly

select configuration_key, count(*) from configuration group by configuration_key having count(*) > 1

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I do not use the responsive bootstrap version since i coded my responsive version earlier, but i have bought every 28d of code package to support burts effort and keep this forum alive (albeit more like on life support).

So if you are still here ? What are you waiting for ?!

Find the most frequent unique errors to fix:

grep "PHP" php_error_log.txt | sed "s/^.* PHP/PHP/g" |grep "line" |sort | uniq -c | sort -r > counterrors.txt

@@bruyndoncx thanks carine, I expect a few duplicates when installing / uninstalling mods etc so I will run that sql - but I did not expect to see some rows duplicated 50 times or so as with the paypal app. hence why I want to know if its just me or something others may be seeing.

Many Thanks

By the way thats a really useful piece of code - you should post it in the tips and tricks section :)

Edited by Mort-lemur

Now running on a fully modded, Mobile Friendly 2.3.4 Store with the Excellent MTS installed - See my profile for the mods installed ..... So much thanks for all the help given along the way by forum members.

I haven't experienced that with the App. Care was taken to properly migrate the old PayPal module parameters to the new App parameters and it also cleans itself up when modules are installed/uninstalled.

After removing all parameters from the database, have you tried clicking around the App to see where the problem occurs?

:heart:, osCommerce

@@Harald Ponce de Leon Thanks Harald,

I have removed all the duplicates and clicked around the various options, but it has not created any more duplicates as yet - maybe it was something I did during the install that caused the problem - I will keep my eye on it over the next few days and see how it goes - I would still like someone who is actually using the app to check their config table for duplicate app rows.

Many Thanks

do you have different installations running against the same database - I think that is where I got my duplicates

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I do not use the responsive bootstrap version since i coded my responsive version earlier, but i have bought every 28d of code package to support burts effort and keep this forum alive (albeit more like on life support).

grep "PHP" php_error_log.txt | sed "s/^.* PHP/PHP/g" |grep "line" |sort | uniq -c | sort -r > counterrors.txt

I just installed Paypal App (PS module) on a older Bootstrapped ...

I ran this:

select configuration_key, count(*) from configuration group by configuration_key having count(*) > 1

and got:

MySQL returned an empty result set (i.e. zero rows). ( Query took 0.0037 sec )

very odd then - I will watch it over the coming weeks.

Many Thanks

@@Mort-lemur

These error occured when installation fails or non-standard installation was runned. I have these duplicates if I develop modules and non fixed constant used, deleted or modified between developings.
Its natural if you are a developer, but you should handle this in configuration table.

Probably you canceled or semi finalished the app installation when runned app setup with during errors.

(Somewhere is a commit to prevent this on the github with modules when unistall.)

Edited by Gergely
github note

:blink:
osCommerce based shop owner with minimal design and focused on background works. When the less is more.
Email managment with tracking pixel, package managment for shipping, stock management, warehouse managment with bar code reader, parcel shops management on 3000 pickup points without local store.

@@Gergely Thanks for that - I have now deleted all the duplicates

@@bruyndoncx thanks carine, I expect a few duplicates when installing / uninstalling mods etc so I will run that sql - but I did not expect to see some rows duplicated 50 times or so as with the paypal app. hence why I want to know if its just me or something others may be seeing.

Many Thanks

By the way thats a really useful piece of code - you should post it in the tips and tricks section :)

Added to tips and tricks

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON