• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Paypal redirect back to store

ArtcoInc

(using osC234bs and the latest Paypal module. I do *not* have SSL set up. Currently testing in the Paypal sandbox)

The customer logs in, fills their shopping cart, and checks out. After confirming addresses and choosing their shipping option, they select Paypal for their payment. The are taken to Paypal where they make their payment.

When the payment has been made, Paypal says that they have completed the payment  ...

post-327952-0-53687400-1436221041_thumb.jpg

When they click to return to the site, Paypal displays this ...

post-327952-0-77423900-1436221087_thumb.jpg

Then, after a few seconds, this pops up ...

post-327952-0-50963900-1436221117_thumb.jpg

Only after the user clicks on 'Continue' do return to the store. The order is recorded properly.

So, what do I need to do to skip the second screen, and the security warning?

Thanks!

Malcolm

• 3 weeks later...

I believe it's because you don't have SSL..therefore you are getting the unsecure website error.  My production site works the same way and I don't get the error because I have my SSL cert setup.  The PayPal sandbox lacks in a lot of things ... for instance being able to setup Auto Return (to website after transaction completes) like you can in a real PayPal account.  I still use the sandbox too despite the lack of some important features.

Edited by videod