Latest News: (loading..)

Hi, just trying the addon, and in 234BS edge it works (I have a local machine testing 234BS edge).

However, on my shop, which is 234BS Gold, it doesn't work.  see attached image

Does this addon only work with edge?

Any Advice?

Mike

post-328457-0-86370000-1460487603_thumb.jpg

osC BS gold live - osC CE in development (awesome)

Checked with various options, products, manufactures, sub_total etc. BS gold isn't playing

What I have noticed is the ban and spin icons are not aligned within the discount box when using BS gold.  See previous image(BS gold) the the image below (BS edge)

post-328457-0-46659900-1460494504_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mikepo

@@Mikepo

Hi Mike

It shouldn't matter if it's GOLD or EDGE. When I first time converted this addon I used a GOLD store. Just now I quickly installed this into a new GOLD test store, no problems at all with the icons.

Do you have a URL to your store? Or try to use firebug and look at that input field.

Looking at your images that you posted, look at your search box on the left. Compare the EDGE image and the GOLD image. Do you see something odd with your icons?

Edited by Tsimi

@@Tsimi, the position of the icons was just an observation. What I've shown on my installations is that the addon works in EDGE, but not in GOLD.

Both installations have the same discount code defined, LOCAL10, and EDGE accepts the code and shows a green tick icon, GOLD doesn't. It shows the red icon.

EDGE shows the discount in the final customer confirmation, GOLD has no reference to a discount.

Maybe there is a conflict with another addon, but I can't think which one would.

I do have easy discount installed in GOLD (not in EDGE) but it is not active, and that's a order totals module. Perhaps I'll rip that code out out completely to is see if that is causing the problem.

If you can think of anything else, please let me know, as I want to introduce a discount code very soon.

Mike

@@Tsimi, just checked, and the easy discount addon is totally removed, no code reference exists, and still the GOLD doesn't accept the discount code as valid.  So it wasnt this addon causing a conflict.

The table exist with the correct fields.  I'll need to some bebug statements in the code to see what is happening

Mike

for some reason, in GOLD, function process in class ot_discount doesn't have the variable $sess_discount_code set, as the code doesn't get past  the following if statement

if (!empty($sess_discount_code)) {

but in the EDGE version it does

I've double checked I added the addon correctly, but can't see where $sess_discount_code is set, at the moment

I'll keep checking

Mike

@Tsimi

I checked everything and it work great with the gold version.

The only thing is that you can still go into the minus but that is only when you work with numbers for the discount  but that good for me because I only work with %. Thank you very much for this one  @Tsimi and @raiwa  :thumbsup: 

​

@Tsimi @raiwa

update!!!

the issue with the Free Shipping module is also be there.

when you buy for 110 dollar and the shipping is 6.75 dollar.

(above the 100 dollar is free shipping and the discount is 25 dollar)

the total amount has to be 85 dollar so you have to pay for shipping but now he say's it's free. <_<

Edited by dinopacha

@@dinopacha,

I'm not sure now, I have to check this, but I believe the free shipping is based on order_subtotal, before discount. So it can't take in consideration the discount using standard sort order.

You could try to place the discount ot before the subtotal. But this can break other parts of the code.

There is a second subtotal module available which can be used first, then the discount and then the core subtotal, this should also solve the problem.

I believe it was this one I was using and I showed it conditioned if discount applied:

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/4618

Meanwhile the negative total results if a product discount is defined higher than the product price and shouldn't be an issue in real stores.

thanks for your testing

Rainer

Edited by raiwa

@@Tsimi

Panic over..... for some reason I had added the wrong code in the application_top.php file. How that happened I will never know.

hence $sess_discount_code wasn't being set. 

A lot a time wasted.... but the addon seems to work OK, Thanks

So, to confirm, this addon works in EDGE and GOLD and is just what I needed for my shop.

Sorry for the confusion.

Mike

@@dinopacha

The free shipping issue was never solved. The order totals calculation works a bit different. I tried in the past to find a solution but it did not work out.

Regarding the minus amount, as raiwa mentioned this "should" not be an issue for a store but I'll look into it again as soon I got time.

Edited by Tsimi

@@Tsimi,

I had a deeper look on the free shipping and yes, can't be solved over order total modules.

The free shipping check in checkout_shipping.php needs to be changed and discount amount  taken in consideration.

Then the following might be a way:
- discount input needs to be moved to shopping cart => done with the new module.

A:

- complete order total module needs to be in shopping cart
- ot_discount.php must register discount amount in session/order
- scheckout_shipping.php:

if ( ($pass == true) && ($order->info['total'] - $discount >= MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_SHIPPING_FREE_SHIPPING_OVER) ) {

or

B:

- the discount calculation needs to be moved from the ot_discount.php to cm_sc_discount_code.php
- cm_sc_discount_code.php must add discount to order
- scheckout_shipping.php:

if ( ($pass == true) && ($order->info['total'] - $order->info['discount'] >= MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_SHIPPING_FREE_SHIPPING_OVER) ) {

and similar in the ship in cart module.

Lot of changes in core or order class extension?

Not sure if it's worth.

rgds
Rainer

Edited by raiwa

@@Tsimi

I have a question about step 7.1.

in version 3.2 after the semicolon

if ( tep_session_is_registered('comments') ) {
  tep_session_unregister('comments');

ADD AFTER:

// Discount Codes 3.2 BS - start
  if (MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_DISCOUNT_STATUS == 'true' && tep_session_is_registered('sess_discount_code')) {
    tep_session_unregister('sess_discount_code');
  }
  // Discount Codes 3.2 BS - end

but in 3.6 it say's after the bracket

if ( tep_session_is_registered('comments') ) {
  tep_session_unregister('comments');
}

ADD AFTER:

// Discount Codes 3.6 BS - start
  if (MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_DISCOUNT_STATUS == 'true' && tep_session_is_registered('sess_discount_code')) {
    tep_session_unregister('sess_discount_code');
  }
  // Discount Codes 3.6 BS - end

What do I have to keep??? after the semicolon or after the bracket.. <_<

@@Tsimi Lambros where do I find the latest version that works with the Modular Shopping Cart?  I'm ready to add your module to one of my working shops.  I'm hoping it'll work with the discount coupon module that I have installed.  I guess we'll see.

Dan

@@Dan Cole

I am making a few more tests then pack it up and write a quick description, I should be able to upload it today after work. Today = Friday, April 22.

@@Tsimi Thanks Lambros...I downloaded the update and installed the Modular Shopping Cart portion and it went smoothly and worked as you might expect.  I'm thinking it might be based on a very different Discount Coupon add-on then the one I have installed.   I haven't looked at it closely yet so I'm not positive but I noticed that your module wants me to login to use it and I was surprised by that.  Is that needed by your Discount Coupon add-on or something you added?  It seems a little counter intuitive to simply get an order estimate.    

Dan

@@Dan Cole

As I recall you are using a different Discount Codes addon, I think the one from greasemonkey if my memory is correct.

The reason to login is that some of the discount codes can be customer related and therefore a login is required.

The original way of that discount addon is to enter the code on the checkout payment page so here again login is required.

The reason to login is that some of the discount codes can be customer related and therefore a login is required.

The original way of that discount addon is to enter the code on the checkout payment page so here again login is required.

@@Tsimi

(since I seem to be putting my foot into my mouth today ...)

What about sites with a guest checkout?

As a thought, could this be an opportunity to have a popup saying something like ...

"Please log in to see if we can find more discounts for you. If you do not already have an account with us, you can create one now."

Malcolm

If you are running the "official" osC 2.3.4 or 2.3.4.1 download, your installation is obsolete! Get the latest community-supported responsive "Frozen" release here

@@Tsimi I get that and that makes sense....I figured I must be using a different coupon code and as I recall there isn't anything customer specific in the one I use so hopefully I can bypass the need to logon. We'll see.

Thanks for the clarification.

Dan

@@ArtcoInc

Hi Malcolm

When you install the module version of this addon it will say "log in to redeem your discount coupon" so if you are browsing as guest then it shows that message and it will stay that way until you create an account and login.

@@Tsimi

On a installation without Modular Shopping Cart...

When I load checkout_payment.php, error.log says:

PHP Notice:  Use of undefined constant MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_DISCOUNT_TITLE - assumed 'MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_DISCOUNT_TITLE' in .../includes/modules/order_total/ot_discount.php on line 28, referer: http://localhost/.../checkout_payment.php

It can be fixed on discount_code.php, before

include(DIR_WS_MODULES . 'order_total/ot_discount.php');   

add:

include(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/modules/order_total/ot_discount.php');