• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Error when customer tries to change address

zefeena

Hi,

This is a problem that as been ongoing since the website was built.  I thought the problem was fixed, as originally it had a parse error, but customers kept saying that they were unable to select the country.  I went through the motions and the country was there, and I could select others, so presumed it was specific to other devices etc.

As it turns out, it is ALL devices, I just selected the country when trying and didn't press continue, when you do, it still tells you to 'select country' despite the fact it is already selected.  The problem only seems to occur when you go through check out to change your address.  It doesn't seem to cause a problem if you are simply in your account and want to add new addresses.

Anyone help.  Obviously this is something wrong in the original code.

Thank you

It looks like below (note the little triangle at the top with 'select country', even though it is clearly showing UK has been selected.

Delivery Information

error.gif You must select a country from the Countries pull down menu.

New Shipping Address
Please use the following form to create a new shipping address to use for this order.
First Name:  * Last Name:  * Company Name: Address line 1:  * Address line 2 POST CODE:  * City:  * County (optional): Country: Please SelectAfghanistanAlbaniaAlgeriaAmerican SamoaAndorraAngolaAnguillaAntarcticaAntigua and BarbudaArgentinaArmeniaArubaAustraliaAustriaAzerbaijanBahamasBahrainBangladeshBarbadosBelarusBelgiumBelizeBeninBermudaBhutanBoliviaBosnia and HerzegowinaBotswanaBouvet IslandBrazilBritish Indian Ocean TerritoryBrunei DarussalamBulgariaBurkina FasoBurundiCambodiaCameroonCanadaCape VerdeCayman IslandsCentral African RepublicChadChileChinaChristmas IslandCocos (Keeling) IslandsColombiaComorosCongoCook IslandsCosta RicaCote D'IvoireCroatiaCubaCyprusCzech RepublicDenmarkDjiboutiDominicaDominican RepublicEast TimorEcuadorEgyptEl SalvadorEquatorial GuineaEritreaEstoniaEthiopiaFalkland Islands (Malvinas)Faroe IslandsFijiFinlandFranceFrench GuianaFrench PolynesiaFrench Southern TerritoriesGabonGambiaGeorgiaGermanyGhanaGibraltarGreeceGreenlandGrenadaGuadeloupeGuamGuatemalaGuernseyGuineaGuinea-bissauGuyanaHaitiHeard and Mc Donald IslandsHondurasHong KongHungaryIcelandIndiaIndonesiaIran (Islamic Republic of)IraqIrelandIsraelItalyJamaicaJapanJerseyJordanKazakhstanKenyaKiribatiKorea, Democratic People's Republic ofKorea, Republic ofKuwaitKyrgyzstanLao People's Democratic RepublicLatviaLebanonLesothoLiberiaLibyan Arab JamahiriyaLiechtensteinLithuaniaLuxembourgMacauMacedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic ofMadagascarMalawiMalaysiaMaldivesMaliMaltaMarshall IslandsMartiniqueMauritaniaMauritiusMayotteMexicoMicronesia, Federated States ofMoldova, Republic ofMonacoMongoliaMontserratMoroccoMozambiqueMyanmarNamibiaNauruNepalNetherlandsNetherlands AntillesNew CaledoniaNew ZealandNicaraguaNigerNigeriaNiueNorfolk IslandNorthern Mariana IslandsNorwayOmanPakistanPalauPanamaPapua New GuineaParaguayPeruPhilippinesPitcairnPolandPortugalPuerto RicoQatarReunionRomaniaRussian FederationRwandaSaint Kitts and NevisSaint LuciaSaint Vincent and the GrenadinesSamoaSan MarinoSao Tome and PrincipeSaudi ArabiaSenegalSeychellesSierra LeoneSingaporeSlovakia (Slovak Republic)SloveniaSolomon IslandsSomaliaSouth AfricaSouth Georgia and the South Sandwich IslandsSpainSri LankaSt. HelenaSt. Pierre and MiquelonSudanSurinameSvalbard and Jan Mayen IslandsSwazilandSwedenSwitzerlandSyrian Arab RepublicTaiwanTajikistanTanzania, United Republic ofThailandTogoTokelauTongaTrinidad and TobagoTunisiaTurkeyTurkmenistanTurks and Caicos IslandsTuvaluUgandaUKUkraineUnited Arab EmiratesUnited StatesUnited States Minor Outlying IslandsUruguayUzbekistanVanuatuVAT REGISTERED EU (not uk)Vatican City State (Holy See)VenezuelaViet NamVirgin Islands (British)Virgin Islands (U.S.)Wallis and Futuna IslandsWestern SaharaYemenYugoslaviaZaireZambiaZimbabwe *

Running a botched up version of  osCommerce Online Merchant v2.3.4 bootstrap with the dresscode theme installed, numerous add-ons, terrible coding, terrible website, but will have to make do until I have made up for my losses and can risk shutting down for a couple of weeks while I start all over again. - I did not install my program but am endeavouring to fix it with your help.

Kellie, what osC version, what add-ons and other customizations, what PHP version, etc.? As Ashley said, this doesn't seem to be a common problem with osC, but rather, something peculiar to your installation. Do you have Javascript disabled on your browser? Is normal expected behavior to have the selection made "permanent", as opposed to having to confirm the changes in some way (e.g., submit the form)?

its the latest install Boot strap version, but I didn't install it and it has been a complete pain and a total b***s up from start to present!

If anyone knows which file would be the likely affected one (be very specific!), i'll see if I can just re-upload the file, as changing the billing address does not seem to be an issue, and I can't imagine there is a lot different in the two files.

Kellie

Running a botched up version of  osCommerce Online Merchant v2.3.4 bootstrap with the dresscode theme installed, numerous add-ons, terrible coding, terrible website, but will have to make do until I have made up for my losses and can risk shutting down for a couple of weeks while I start all over again. - I did not install my program but am endeavouring to fix it with your help.

its the latest install Boot strap version, but I didn't install it and it has been a complete pain and a total b***s up from start to present!

If anyone knows which file would be the likely affected one (be very specific!), i'll see if I can just re-upload the file, as changing the billing address does not seem to be an issue, and I can't imagine there is a lot different in the two files.

Kellie

You are _not_ using the Community Built Responsive Version. You are using a 3rd party template (that is known for causing multpiple problems), compounded by a developer who added loads more hacks to it.

Please don't post that you are using the Responsive Bootstrapped version as we don't want people looking at your site and thinking that is our Responsive version. Thanks.

version is:  osCommerce Online Merchant v2.3.4 bootstrap with the dresscode theme installed, numerous add-ons, including fancy invoice (though not sure its doing anything fancy!) sloppy word cleaner - though that doesn't appear to be very successful either.  The code had lots of initial problems, carousels loading causing huge bandwidth usage, lots of other issues.  Not really very good at all, but nfortunately it will have to do for the moment as I lost too much business when it went pear shaped.

Changing the billing address seems to be okay, but not shipping address - I've looked on  checkout_shipping_address.php and not sure why it would allow one to be changed and not the other - hence thinking that the billing and shipping address changes must have been different files. 

It has some 'sloppy word cleaner code' but otherwise doesn't look like there would have been other changes made to it.

Thank you.

I have now sorted this.  Fortunately I kept a copy of my old program and comparing the two realised this line was missing  from :  checkout_shipping_address.php

$country = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['country']);

God knows why it was missing in the first place  - not my doing that's for sure!!

thank you Ashley for  pointing me in the right direction

Kellie x

Archived