• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Department Specific Contact Us

Waza04

Hiya All!!

I have seen a few OSCommerce sites now that use a special kinf of Contact Us!!

The contact us form has a drop down box for the department, eg, Sales and Support...

Is there a contribution to do this or is it manual... :?

If there is no contribution - How hard would it be to implement this?

Thanks,

Warren

I have it on my site, but I use Harald's helpdesk...

if not using his helpdesk it is pretty easy to do as well:

add the following to you languages/contact_us.php

define('ENTRY_SUBJECT', 'Subject:');

define('TEXT_SELECT_DEPARTMENT', 'Please select a department you would like to get in contact with:');

around line 70, find:

<tr>

<td><?php echo tep_draw_form('contact_us', tep_href_link(FILENAME_CONTACT_US, 'action=send')); ?><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">

<tr>

<td class="main"><?php echo ENTRY_NAME; ?><br><?php echo tep_draw_input_field('name', ($error ? $HTTP_POST_VARS['name'] : $first_name)); ?></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td class="main"><?php echo ENTRY_EMAIL; ?><br><?php echo tep_draw_input_field('email', ($error ? $HTTP_POST_VARS['email'] : $email_address)); if ($error) echo ENTRY_EMAIL_ADDRESS_CHECK_ERROR; ?></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td class="main"><?php echo ENTRY_ENQUIRY; ?></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td><?php echo tep_draw_textarea_field('enquiry', 'soft', 50, 15, $HTTP_POST_VARS['enquiry']); ?></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td class="main" align="right"><br><?php echo tep_image_submit('button_continue.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_CONTINUE); ?></td>

</tr>

</table></form></td>

</tr>

and replace it with:

<tr>

<td><?php echo tep_draw_form('contact_us', tep_href_link(FILENAME_CONTACT_US, 'action=send')); ?><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">

<tr>

<td class="main"><?php echo TEXT_SELECT_DEPARTMENT; ?><br>

<select name="department">

<option value="[email protected]">Customer Support</option>

<option value="[email protected]">Sales</option>

<option value="[email protected]">Webmaster</option>

</select>

</td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td class="main"><?php echo ENTRY_NAME; ?><br><?php echo tep_draw_input_field('name', ($error ? $HTTP_POST_VARS['name'] : $contact_us_values['customers_firstname'] . ' ' . $contact_us_values['customers_lastname'])); ?></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td class="main"><?php echo ENTRY_EMAIL; ?><br><?php echo tep_draw_input_field('email', ($error ? $HTTP_POST_VARS['email'] : $contact_us_values['customers_email_address'])); if ($error) echo ENTRY_EMAIL_ADDRESS_CHECK_ERROR; ?></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td class="main"><?php echo ENTRY_SUBJECT; ?><br><?php echo tep_draw_input_field('subject', $HTTP_POST_VARS['subject']); ?></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td class="main"><?php echo ENTRY_ENQUIRY; ?></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td><?php echo tep_draw_textarea_field('enquiry', 'soft', 50, 15, $HTTP_POST_VARS['enquiry']); ?></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td class="main" align="right"><br><?php echo tep_image_submit('button_continue.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_CONTINUE); ?></td>

</tr>

</table></form></td>

</tr>

around line 20, find:

tep_mail(STORE_OWNER, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS, EMAIL_SUBJECT, $HTTP_POST_VARS['enquiry'], $HTTP_POST_VARS['name'], $HTTP_POST_VARS['email']);

and replace it with:

tep_mail(STORE_OWNER, $HTTP_POST_VARS['department'], $HTTP_POST_VARS['subject'], $HTTP_POST_VARS['enquiry'], $HTTP_POST_VARS['name'], $HTTP_POST_VARS['email']);

now u just use this part of the new contact_us.php to define and add emails or 'departments'

<select name="department">

<option value="[email protected]">Customer Support</option>

<option value="[email protected]">Sales</option>

<option value="[email protected]">Webmaster</option>

</select>

The only thing necessary for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing

- Edmund Burke

Hiya - After reading your post - I went to see what the Helpdesk mod was all about!!

But I dont under stand how to configure it!!

A) For Sendmail

B) SMTP

I have installed it successfully - its just the osc_mail2db.php that I dont understand!!!

Thanks,

Warren

to use harald's helpdesk you need permission to acces your alias files and permission to pipe mail to PHP.

the thread about it is here:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/viewtopic.php...der=asc&start=0

The only thing necessary for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing

- Edmund Burke

• 9 months later...

A great contribution that allows department emailing is Choose Your Recipient for Contact Us Page by Jackie Edwards. I installed it on MS2 and it's working great. It even allows email address setting via admin. (You are limited only by legth of entry of addresses) I have 5 department options available. It can be a dropdown option or radio button option.

get it here: Choose Your Recipient for Contact Us Page

• 2 months later...

Hi milly and everybody else

I installed the contribution contact_us v1.2 from Jackie Edwards.

I createt 4 Enquiryfileds:

1. Sales

2. Special Request

3. Regarding your Order

4. Support

Now my problem is that number 2, 3 and 4 i can receive the emails but number 1 not. I think it might have to do something with the coma in the admin and phpcode in contact_us.php but unfortunatly im not that skilled to solve this problem. i hope somebody has already experiences with this contribution.

THX

P.S. Sorry for my terrible english! I'm not used to it!

• 5 weeks later...

This contribution is very close to the one i thought should be introduced in oscom.The idea is that in drop down menu there should be provision to insert manufacturer's email addresses.In information box instead of contact us there should be brochure hotline .Customer choosing the company name and entering address details on clicking continue button should be able to send email direct to choosed manufacturer and not to store owner(optional).This process should be so much covered that customer even does not know that his email is sent to manufacturer and not to store owner.This will reduce lot of work and so many emails being received daily for brochures can be avoided.It will definately enhance company's impression as manufacturer's are very quick and active in sending catalogs.

Any one with knowledge please come forward and contribute as i have no knowledge of what i am talking about but i can assure it makes sense.

Many thanks.

Luqi

• 2 months later...

Hello all,

Just installed this contribution including the 29th April Addon for POP3 support.

According to the latest update (addition)

"The original contribution requires that you use a php binary to execute the osc_mail2db.php

script to parse the incoming email into the osCommerce database."

I assume this would save me having to deal with setting up all the tricky stuff for the mail side and let me do easy set up etc.

At the moment however, all I get when I select "Sync with mail server" option is a page saying :

"Warning: imap_open(): Couldn't open stream "... /helpdesk_pop3.php on line 26

Anyone got some ideas ?

go to configuration > helpdesk > POP3/IMAP/NNTP server > and put in your mail server address.

If you got the tep_array_merge error, change that to array_merge

People aren't afraid of how bad you are,

People are afraid of how good you are.