Latest News: (loading..)

Nice little mod to add currency icons into Navbar.  Open up Navbar template file;

/includes/modules/content/navigation/templates/navbar.php

Find:

echo '<li><a href="' . tep_href_link(basename($PHP_SELF), tep_get_all_get_params(array('language', 'currency')) . 'currency=' . $key, $request_type) . '">' . $value['title'] . '</a></li>';

Change to:

echo '<li><a href="' . tep_href_link(basename($PHP_SELF), tep_get_all_get_params(array('language', 'currency')) . 'currency=' . $key, $request_type) . '"><i class="glyphicon glyphicon-' . strtolower($key) . '"></i> ' . $value['title'] . '</a></li>';

This is a signature that appears on all my posts.  
IF YOU MAKE A POST REQUESTING HELP...please state the exact version
of osCommerce that you are using. THANKS

Get the latest current code (community-supported responsive 2.3.4.1BS Edge) here

Works like a charm!

Malcolm

If you are running the "official" osC 2.3.4 or 2.3.4.1 download, your installation is obsolete! Get the latest community-supported responsive "Frozen" release here

@@greasemonkey whats the currency code for Canadian $ ?  I suspect that the glyphicon for it does not yet exist; http://getbootstrap.com/components/#glyphicons

I can see usd, eur, gbp, rub on that page.  

Other currencies might be added or might not - it's up to the glyphicon people to update their free stuff which the Bootstrap people then use.

Get the latest current code (community-supported responsive 2.3.4.1BS Edge) here

Fontawesome are a lot more responsive (as in responding to requests), go to https://github.com/FortAwesome/Font-Awesome/issues/6395

and reply to it with

+1

Nothing else...

Edited by burt

Done

If you are running the "official" osC 2.3.4 or 2.3.4.1 download, your installation is obsolete! Get the latest community-supported responsive "Frozen" release here

In the meantime, you can add your own to user.css ;)

.glyphicon-cad:before, .glyphicon-aud:before, .glyphicon-hkd:before { content: "\e148"; }
This css would give Glyphicon dollar symbol to AUD, CAD and HKD. Edited by burt

I have not tested the better fontawesome icons...

So...could you add this to user.css

.fa-cad:before, .fa-aud:before, .fa-hkd:before, .fa-nzd:before {
  content: "\f155" !important;
}
Then in the navbar template file change from:

echo '<li><a href="' . tep_href_link(basename($PHP_SELF), tep_get_all_get_params(array('language', 'currency')) . 'currency=' . $key, $request_type) . '"><i class="glyphicon glyphicon-' . strtolower($key) . '"></i> ' . $value['title'] . '</a></li>';
to

echo '<li><a href="' . tep_href_link(basename($PHP_SELF), tep_get_all_get_params(array('language', 'currency')) . 'currency=' . $key, $request_type) . '"><i class="fa fa-' . strtolower($key) . '"></i> ' . $value['title'] . '</a></li>';
Let me know? Edited by burt

Our request was closed, which is fair enough, as our way of adding to user.css is super simple.

https://github.com/FortAwesome/Font-Awesome/issues/6395

Hi all, wasnt too sure where to post this query. 

I am just doing some last minute fiddling with the new site and was wondering how I could change or remove the little "C:" symbol that appears to the left next to the currency in the navbar as per the picture below. If I could change it to the Dollar sign great otherwise to remove it. Same with the language, removing the "L:" would be handy.

Regards!

currency 1.PNG

@nedragdnuos

Which version of osC are you using? This thread is almost 4 years old, and a lot of changes have happened in that time.

M