• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Product name cut short

zefeena

Hi,

My new site using a purchased theme (dresscode),  the product titles are cut short and I cannot find anywhere to change it.  this is a real problem as many of my items have pretty much the same title, but with a size or colour at the end.  This vital information now is not seen!

http://sewingchest.co.uk/index.php?cPath=91_30

I presume it would be in the theme template?

These are a list of folders - any clue which I might look in (I know this isn't really very helpful unless you are familiar with the theme!)

dresscode_theme

dresscode_blocks

dresscode_images

bg_patterns

fancybox

dresscode_js

fancybox

dresscode_styles

fancybox

font

Running a botched up version of  osCommerce Online Merchant v2.3.4 bootstrap with the dresscode theme installed, numerous add-ons, terrible coding, terrible website, but will have to make do until I have made up for my losses and can risk shutting down for a couple of weeks while I start all over again. - I did not install my program but am endeavouring to fix it with your help.

@@zefeena,

If you paid for this template you should ask where you bought it for help.

I got someone else to make my site and purchase the template on my behalf.  So I have asked if they can sort it, but I'm looking in to it myself in the meantime

Running a botched up version of  osCommerce Online Merchant v2.3.4 bootstrap with the dresscode theme installed, numerous add-ons, terrible coding, terrible website, but will have to make do until I have made up for my losses and can risk shutting down for a couple of weeks while I start all over again. - I did not install my program but am endeavouring to fix it with your help.

See if the product name is being cut short from the database. Its in the products description table. Mine is set at varchar 75 which means it should be up to a maximum of 75 characters long. Yours may have been altered. I would look here first to see that the name is as long as you want it to be, and to see that the stored names are what you want them to be.

I do also believe that it may pay to look through the admin - categories.php code as that is where the products name is inputted. There may be something in that file that is shortening it.

On the actual shops pages are the category pages sub listings showing the full name of each product or is it cut short there as well.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

I sorted it now, it was in one of the Theme files. 

Archived