• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Paypal Express - turn off paypal button on cart page only

nigelt74

Hi Guys

My site uses a Discount code add-on so we want people to go through the payment page.

Currently Paypal express puts a checkout with paypal button on the shopping cart page, is there a way to turn this off on the shopping cart page only, we still want it to appear on the payment options page.

I don't have a problem editing the relevant file to remove it, I just want to check that there isn't an admin switch somewhere that i haven't missed

Thanks

Nigel T

Hi,

Pretty sure there isn't any admin switch.  I used to remove the yellow paypal button and you do have to edit the code.

Running a botched up version of  osCommerce Online Merchant v2.3.4 bootstrap with the dresscode theme installed, numerous add-ons, terrible coding, terrible website, but will have to make do until I have made up for my losses and can risk shutting down for a couple of weeks while I start all over again. - I did not install my program but am endeavouring to fix it with your help.

yep thats what i did

Just commented out the code

shippingcart.php

/*
    $initialize_checkout_methods = $payment_modules->checkout_initialization_method();

if (!empty($initialize_checkout_methods)) {
  ?>
  <div class="clearfix"></div>
  <p class="text-right"><?php echo TEXT_ALTERNATIVE_CHECKOUT_METHODS; ?></p>

<?php
      reset($initialize_checkout_methods);
      while (list(, $value) = each($initialize_checkout_methods)) {
?>

<p class="text-right"><?php echo $value; ?></p>

<?php
      }
    }