• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Shop-owners BootStrap Demo

This is a shop-owners installation of the Bootstrap version of osCommerce.  It has been set up and is hosted by our very own Jim @@kymation :thumbsup:

http://bootstrap.kymation.com/

I pulled it out of the "Upcoming Changes" thread so it didn't get buried and lost forever in there.  If you want to have a look at it in responsive mode just load it up and resize your browser view to see how it responds.  Resizing your window works in both FireFox and Chrome and probably others too, but I've only tested it with those two browsers.    

This is a community install and the products have been added by shop-owners on here.   If you'd like to get involved and help out by posting some products please be sure to read these posts in the "Upcoming Changes" thread.

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/400819-upcoming-changes/?p=1718971

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/400819-upcoming-changes/?p=1719048

As mentioned in that thread access to the admin area can be obtained by sending a PM to Jim.

Our goal is to replace the old, dated images in the existing version of osCommerce so please post your best images/products and if they are not your own products please be sure that you have permission to do so.  If we end up with more than we need I might come up with a bit of a contest to weed some out and ensure that we only use the very best of them.

Thanks to those who have participated so far and thanks in advance to those of you who step up.

Dan

Also tested in Opera 12.16, Safari 5.1.7 (Win7), IE 8 (Win7), IE 9 (Win7), IE 10 (Win7), IE 11 (Win7), and Android 4.4 (Samsung Galaxy). It works fine and resizes to fit all of these. If anybody has a different OS/Browser, please test this and post the results here.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

It works fine on Android 2.3.4 with a 3.7" 480x854 screen - yes, my phone is really that old (Sony Xperia).

That said, the page layout at the top level isn't optimal - to shop by category you have to scroll down a loooong way - but I guess that's a bit off-topic, perhaps it's more of a store-specific layout design issue with solutions depending on how many top level categories you've got.

Contact me for work on updating existing stores - whether to Phoenix or the new osC when it's released.

Looking for a payment or shipping module? Maybe I've already done it.

Working on generalising bespoke solutions for Quickbooks integration, Easify integration and pay4later (DEKO) integration at 2.3.x

Hi guys,

I just Added some products from my wife website (1 with video)

Will updated with few products that should do.

Page work well on Iphone 5 no problems on firefox (os x yosemite Imac) Safari (os x) application broke down but page is working no problems here after restart,  XD Chrome work OK as well (os x)

Will try ipad later as is upstairs

@@snakelimit

Very nice Marek and I really like the addition of those videos....shows that feature off nicely. 

Once again thanks for helping out.

Dan

@@Dan Cole May have some products to list in the next couple of days - but one question - as this is a community install - are we stopping at just replacing images? or are we going to go a little further and add a few (basic) features and corrections - eg a Continue-Shopping button on the shopping cart page, which for some reason has been missed off all previous versions of OSC.

another example is that the homepage just shows whats new - compare this to the homepage of opencart etc - we need to use some imagination to make it look bright, shiny and new........

Now running on a fully modded, Mobile Friendly 2.3.4 Store with the Excellent MTS installed - See my profile for the mods installed ..... So much thanks for all the help given along the way by forum members.

@@Mort-lemur

Hi Heather...

@Dan Cole May have some products to list in the next couple of days - but one question - as this is a community install - are we stopping at just replacing images?

That is awesome Heather...I look forward to seeing a variety of products posted and it would be nice to see as many shop-owners involved as possible.

Regarding other changes, my thoughts are that we should stick to just updates that are made to the core so that it is always a live example of what you get with the stock version of osCommerce.  If there are features in the stock version, that we're not using however, it would be nice to see those put to use.   It might also serve as a spot where you can see or check whether something you noticed with your site is normal behavior or something you might have accidentally introduced. 

Dan

Just tried it out on an iPad 2 and it's fine: os 8.1.2 safari 600.1.4

oh and in maxthon browser on win 7 desktop

Lovely jewelry btw

Contact me for work on updating existing stores - whether to Phoenix or the new osC when it's released.

Working on generalising bespoke solutions for Quickbooks integration, Easify integration and pay4later (DEKO) integration at 2.3.x

Anyone happen to notice how the top level categories are sorted -- by date added perhaps?  Is that normal behavior in the 2.3 versions.  Sub-categories seem to be sorted in descending order however.

Dan

Categories are sorted by the Sort Order value. Two of the people who added products didn't set a sort order for their category, so those two floated to the top.

If somebody wants to declare an order, I can set it for you. Or those with Admin access can go change theirs. No change wars please. :P

Regards

Jim

Thanks Jim...I thought that and looked but didn't see the sort order...now I see that it is just available in edit mode.  Duh.

As punishment, I added sort orders to put it in alpha order so now if a shop-owner wants to move up the list they'll have to come up with a new category name. :-

Dan 

PS:  I'll have to send a note to Steve to see what he thinks of AA Pet Supplies. (w00t)

What did I say about change wars? Play nice now.

Seriously, we may want to put them in some other order, just to demonstrate that it is possible. Or am I over-thinking this?

Regards

Jim

Seriously, we may want to put them in some other order, just to demonstrate that it is possible. Or am I over-thinking this?

sorted.

What did I say about change wars? Play nice now.

Regards

Jim

I like the idea of demonstrating the features but I'm not sure we should be doing so for the sake of doing so.  I'd be inclined to just do that when it made sense to do so or when someone like John comes along and needs to go to the bottom of the pile.  :)

Dan

• 3 years later...

@Dan Cole

@kymation

hi,

Thank you so much for the information.

I have 234.1Edge (BS) installed with few addons.
Now come to the final modification of the index page. I visit Jim shop, and it is exactly what I am after, show all the sub-categories on the top, till no sub-categories, then show the product.

horizontal-menu-02.thumb.PNG.5e57329a3673c2dd4e947bd7f762e96f.PNG

With the version i am having now, when you click on the one with sub-categories, it doesn't show any subcategories, just products inside that sub-categories.. I had installed Jack_mac's Categories Image which is great, but it is the same only support 1st tier sub-categories. Can I please know ith Kim's website, which addon can do the same work I am after?

..sub-category-01.thumb.PNG.c1f7ad4473d9599ea88f2ec651745385.PNG

It has been awhile....3 years....where does the time go?  I'm pretty sure Jim's build was simply a stock install so I don't think any add-ons were involved.  If you like what you see have a look at a stock install of the version of osC that you're using to see if it does what you want out of the box.  It maybe that you've made changes that are preventing you from getting the look/function you're looking for. 

Dan

5 hours ago, ce7 said:

@Dan Cole

@kymation

hi,

Thank you so much for the information.

I have 234.1Edge (BS) installed with few addons.
Now come to the final modification of the index page. I visit Jim shop, and it is exactly what I am after, show all the sub-categories on the top, till no sub-categories, then show the product.

horizontal-menu-02.thumb.PNG.5e57329a3673c2dd4e947bd7f762e96f.PNG

With the version i am having now, when you click on the one with sub-categories, it doesn't show any subcategories, just products inside that sub-categories.. I had installed Jack_mac's Categories Image which is great, but it is the same only support 1st tier sub-categories. Can I please know ith Kim's website, which addon can do the same work I am after?

..sub-category-01.thumb.PNG.c1f7ad4473d9599ea88f2ec651745385.PNG

I suspect you are mixing products and categories at the same level - if you do that, you only see the products in the main part of the page, eg.

A top level category

• B subcategory 1
  • C subcategory 2
  • product 1
  • product 2

if you focus on A, all you see is product 1 and product 2

This page has always worked like this on all versions of osc - you have to put all the products at the edges of the category structure

Archived