• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Placement of Content on product_info.php

I coded a BS content module for Previous-Next Product to be placed on product_info.php. Works great but I want it to be placed just beneath the page-header.

<div class="page-header">
  <h1 class="pull-right" itemprop="offers" itemscope itemtype="http://schema.org/Offer"><?php echo $products_price; ?></h1>
  <h1><?php echo $products_name; ?></h1>
</div>

So I drop in

<div class="row">
    <?php echo $oscTemplate->getContent('product_info'); ?>
</div>

But off-course now both the Previous-Next code and the reviews code is executed where I want only the Previous-Next code must be shown.

Any thoughts on this?

Tnx!

you can just create a different content group for it, and call that content block

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I do not use the responsive bootstrap version since i coded my responsive version earlier, but i have bought every 28d of code package to support burts effort and keep this forum alive (albeit more like on life support).

So if you are still here ? What are you waiting for ?!

Find the most frequent unique errors to fix:

grep "PHP" php_error_log.txt | sed "s/^.* PHP/PHP/g" |grep "line" |sort | uniq -c | sort -r > counterrors.txt

Off course we could create a new content group - but I was thinking a better solution would be to introduce a second SORT/PLACEMENT parameter for $oscTemplate->getContent('product_info'); .... Something like  $oscTemplate->getContent('product_info', 1);

<div class="row">
    <?php echo $oscTemplate->getContent('product_info', 1); ?>
</div>

Maybe something to consider for core-code.

• 1 year later...

you can just create a different content group for it, and call that content block

Is there no way to call using a seperate hook?

i have reviews turned on in product info, and have copied the social bookmarks box so that it shows in product info page.

However, I want to to move the social bookmarks bit further up the page rather than near the reviews.

I was wondering if there is a method rather than creating a different folder under modules?

thanks

This is why I created a modular product info page. Hacking up the core code everytime you want to move something is a pain.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

Thanks Jim for pointing out ... Was off course also my solution when I progressed development.

uhmmm ... My original / First post over a year ago! Still not life with BS ...

The modular product page is still an addon and not everyone knows about it. It's also a bit overkill if you just want to add something minor.

Regards

Jim

The modular product page is still an addon and not everyone knows about it. It's also a bit overkill if you just want to add something minor.

Regards

Jim

would you say the modular product info add on is still neccessary if I am just wanting to rearrange the layout of the page?

eg

for example, at the moment, i want the page to sort of look like this way. I've set the product info page without left and right columns, so its full width.

Large image |  product title

thumbs         |  price

|  social bookmarks link

|  Description

|  Attributes

So basically, left side is where the main image and thumbs are.

And to the right you have a large Div with a thin 1px border around it which contains the product details etc.

In mobile view, the image and thumbs will stack first, then the product details will stack below.

So far, ive done this by manually editing the product info page so i can put the divs and arrange the layout how I want.

The modular product page is not necessary if you are comfortable with editing the core code. It's intended to make it easier for people to move things around without editing core code.

REgards

Jim

Don't forget that you can also utilise the Hooks system, which is like a mini always on module that can inside another module or alongside a module etc etc

Dan has a nice post recently showing how to build and implement a Hook.

Archived