• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Shop owners - what do you want in the core of future osC releases?

and competitors too, we allow actual numbers for promo and clearance items to show, but not the rest of the regular products which we can reorder and deliver in a timely matter

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I do not use the responsive bootstrap version since i coded my responsive version earlier, but i have bought every 28d of code package to support burts effort and keep this forum alive (albeit more like on life support).

So if you are still here ? What are you waiting for ?!

Find the most frequent unique errors to fix:

grep "PHP" php_error_log.txt | sed "s/^.* PHP/PHP/g" |grep "line" |sort | uniq -c | sort -r > counterrors.txt

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But if oscommerce showed the quantity in stock on the product page customers would know how many were in stock and never need to see that message. Curing the problem is easier than fitting a band aid.

I agree. Treat the problem, not the symptom.

and competitors too, we allow actual numbers for promo and clearance items to show, but not the rest of the regular products which we can reorder and deliver in a timely matter

Both solutions are valid, and have their place. Although, the second is more of a specialized need, and may not deserve a core addition, a hook in the core to facilitate it would be a good thing.

Malcolm

It's an easy addon if the shopping cart is modularized with just a new module, it doesn't need an own hook.

What I wonder is how other harder modifications are planned - like adding a new field to the order process or replacing /expanding a core function like tep_href_link or tep_image or a class like orders.

@@piernas

like a myorders class file that extends the defacto orders class

and myorders being called upon in code ?

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I do not use the responsive bootstrap version since i coded my responsive version earlier, but i have bought every 28d of code package to support burts effort and keep this forum alive (albeit more like on life support).

So if you are still here ? What are you waiting for ?!

Find the most frequent unique errors to fix:

grep "PHP" php_error_log.txt | sed "s/^.* PHP/PHP/g" |grep "line" |sort | uniq -c | sort -r > counterrors.txt

@@piernas

like a myorders class file that extends the defacto orders class

and myorders being called upon in code ?

Yes I mean a way to auto check if a class has extensions and call them without overwritting the original call to the class.

For now we have to call the extending class from core (or just modify the original one) unless there's another way to do it.

And same for core functions. If a custom function is meant to replace the original class it should be called instead.

Archived