• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Problem with RMA Return contribution

hi!

I was wondering if someone can help me...

everytime i go to complete an order...i get this:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_DOUBLE_ARROW in /home/virtual/site26/fst/var/www/html/includes/classes/order.php on line 118

Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: order in /home/virtual/site26/fst/var/www/html/checkout_shipping.php on line 44

I dont know what to do

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

okay...i fixed that....but this....

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_ELSE in /home/virtual/site26/fst/var/www/html/account_history_info.php on line 133

what does this mean?

I added this:

2, Open catalog/account_history_info.php

Look for the following line (around line 140),

if ($order->products[$i]['return'] == '1') {

and immediately after it add

$return_link = '<font color=blue><b>This product has been returned</b></font>';

} else {

$return_link = '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_RETURN, 'order_id=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['order_id'] . '&products_id=' . ($order->products[$i]['id']), 'SSL') . '"><font color=red><b>Return this product</a></b></font>';

}

and then now i have the problem that i said above...:(

please help....

it looks like this now....

only posting again cause someone asked me what it looks like.....

<?php

}

for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($order->products); $i<$n; $i++) {  

} else {

$return_link = '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_RETURN, 'order_id=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['order_id'] . '&products_id=' . ($order->products[$i]['id']), 'SSL') . '"><font color=red><b>Return this product</a></b></font>';

}

echo '          <tr>' . "n" .

'            <td class="main" align="right" valign="top" width="30">' . $order->products[$i]['qty'] . ' x</td>' . "n" .

'       <td class="main" valign="top">' . $order->products[$i]['name'] . '   ' . $return_link. ' ' . $return_link_two .'<br><small><i>' . $desc['products_description'] . '</i></small>';

if ( (isset($order->products[$i]['attributes'])) && (sizeof($order->products[$i]['attributes']) > 0) ) {

for ($j=0, $n2=sizeof($order->products[$i]['attributes']); $j<$n2; $j++) {

echo '<br><nobr><small> <i> - ' . $order->products[$i]['attributes'][$j]['option'] . ': ' . $order->products[$i]['attributes'][$j]['value'] . '</i></small></nobr>';

}

}

echo '</td>' . "n";

if (sizeof($order->info['tax_groups']) > 1) echo '            <td class="main" valign="top" align="right">' . tep_display_tax_value($order->products[$i]['tax']) . '%</td>' . "n";

echo '            <td class="main" align="right" valign="top">' . $currencies->format(tep_add_tax($order->products[$i]['final_price'], $order->products[$i]['tax']) * $order->products[$i]['qty'], true, $order->info['currency'], $order->info['currency_value']) . '</td>' . "n" .

'          </tr>' . "n";

}

?>

Hi David,

Thank you for contributing this great contribution. I have installed the module and i found a couple of bugs that you might be able to help me with.

(1) I am getting the following error in adminreturns.php

Warning: unexpected error in date() in c:nusphereapachehtdocsadminincludesfunctionsgeneral.php on line 111

The following line that it is referring to in general.php is:

return date(DATE_FORMAT, mktime($hour, $minute, $second, $month, $day, $year));

(2) Also when i click on edit in adminreturns.php, the following error appears:

Warning: Failed opening 'comment_bar_return.html' for inclusion (include_path='.;c:phpincludes;C:nusphereapachephppear') in c:nusphereapachehtdocsadminreturns.php on line 674

(3) I think it's unclear in your installation on step #2, I am using Ian's Loaded 5 Snapshot but was unable to find the following code you mentioned, therefore I have added the code into my catalogaccount_history_info.php

(4) In catalog/return_product.php

The product quantity, name and price does not show up.

(5) In admin/customers.php, when i click on "send new password", i am getting the following error:

Parse error: parse error in c:nusphereapachehtdocsadminpassword_forgotten.php on line 58

(6) One last thing, When the system issues me a RMA number, I tried tracking the RMA number but it responded that it cannot find the RMA number in the system.

Thank you for your help,

StrictlyPC

(2) Also when i click on edit in adminreturns.php, the following error appears:

Warning: Failed opening 'comment_bar_return.html' for inclusion (include_path='.;c:phpincludes;C:nusphereapachephppear') in c:nusphereapachehtdocsadminreturns.php on line 674

you're not alone there i've got the same problem.

(3)  I think it's unclear in your installation on step #2,  I am using Ian's Loaded 5 Snapshot but was unable to find the following code you mentioned, therefore I have added the code into my catalogaccount_history_info.php

This is how the section around line 130 - 135 (in MS1) should look, the readme mentions line 160.

for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($order->products); $i<$n; $i++) {

// BMC RMA Start

if ($order->products[$i]['return'] == '1') {

} else {

}

// BMC RMA End

echo '          <tr>' . "n" .

'            <td class="main" align="right" valign="top" width="30">' . $order->products[$i]['qty'] . ' x</td>' . "n" .

'            <td class="main" valign="top">' . $order->products[$i]['name'] . '   ' . $return_link. ' ' . $return_link_two .'<br><small><i>' . $desc['products_description'] . '</i></small>';

// BMC RMA Above line changed from <td class="main" valign="top">' . $order->products[$i]['name'];

(4) In catalog/return_product.php

The product quantity, name and price does not show up.  

can't help on that one.

(5) In admin/customers.php, when i click on "send new password", i am getting the following error:

Parse error: parse error in c:nusphereapachehtdocsadminpassword_forgotten.php on line 58

there's a missing ' in that line, here's how mine looks now

define('EMAIL_PASSWORD_REMINDER_BODY', 'A new password was requested by ' . $check_customer['customers_firstname'] . ' ' . $check_customer['customers_lastname'] . ' ' . "nn" . 'Your new password to '' . STORE_NAME . '' is:' . "nn" . '   %s' . "nn");

(6) One last thing, When the system issues me a RMA number, I tried tracking the RMA number but it responded that it cannot find the RMA number in the system.  

can't help you on that one i'm afraid

Hope this helps

cheers

barry

Hi Barry,

Thanks for posting some fixes to this contribution. Little by Little this will become one of the must have contributions for any e-commerce store. I have discovered another error that maybe you can help. When I try to delete a "Returned Item" and "Restock the Item back to Inventory", I am getting the following error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_remove_return() in c:nusphereapachehtdocsadminreturns.php on line 197

Thanks,

David

Thanks Barry for the fixes...this is really helping....

I finally have things working..except for a few little spelling mistakes that have to be made....:)

oh and on one of the return_product.php *i think it is*...i had to change the stylesheet cause it looked kinda bad....

Hi Barry,

Thanks for posting some fixes to this contribution.  Little by Little this will become one of the must have contributions for any e-commerce store.  I have discovered another error that maybe you can help.  When I try to delete a "Returned Item" and "Restock the Item back to Inventory", I am getting the following error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_remove_return() in c:nusphereapachehtdocsadminreturns.php on line 197

Thanks,

David

I get that same problem too....:(

grrrrrr

I finally have things working..except for a few little spelling mistakes that have to be made....:)

oh and on one of the return_product.php *i think it is*...i had to change the stylesheet cause it looked kinda bad....

could you post the stylesheet change?

cheers

barry

could you post the stylesheet change?

cheers

barry

cooooooooointly*best Three Stooges Voice*...but I'm at work...so I won't be able to do it until afterwards... around 2pm PST :)

all you have to do is copy the stylesheet line from your default.php file, that's in the header before </head> :)

*but i will post it if no one else does by the time i get home*

Courtney ELizabeth

About this error....

Hi Barry,

Thanks for posting some fixes to this contribution.  Little by Little this will become one of the must have contributions for any e-commerce store.  I have discovered another error that maybe you can help.  When I try to delete a "Returned Item" and "Restock the Item back to Inventory", I am getting the following error:

Thanks,

David

Basically admin/returns.php used to be admin/orders.php but has been transformed to serve the RMA mod. This being said the structure of orders.php remains as does its primary functions. Hence when you try to delete a return order (why would you want to in a live situation) you have to confirm the delete, but you also get to choose to restock products quantity. Which leads me to the question why would you want to restock when deleting a return order, where does the stock come from if deleting a customers RMA request, only if the RMA is accepted and completed would the products be returned to stock.

Also there is a missing function which needs to be written, i will hopefully have that posted here later as well as the removal of the option to restock when deleting as there is no need.

whatch this space.

cheers

barry

About this error....

Hi Barry,

Thanks,

David

Basically admin/returns.php used to be admin/orders.php but has been transformed to serve the RMA mod. This being said the structure of orders.php remains as does its primary functions. Hence when you try to delete a return order (why would you want to in a live situation) you have to confirm the delete, but you also get to choose to restock products quantity. Which leads me to the question why would you want to restock when deleting a return order, where does the stock come from if deleting a customers RMA request, only if the RMA is accepted and completed would the products be returned to stock.

Also there is a missing function which needs to be written, i will hopefully have that posted here later as well as the removal of the option to restock when deleting as there is no need.

whatch this space.

cheers

barry

The purpose of the restock quantity - is if the customer sends back a working product - you probably want to sell it again - so it outs its in the stock!!

Warren

i don't think you get what i mean. I'm talking about DELETING the returns request just like you would delete an order.

To return the products to stock you would use the checkbox near the bottom of the returns.php page when you update the staus of the RMA.

Anyway how about an answer for the missing function.

cheers

barry

Okay,

I apologise for not uploading a fully worknig version, I had missed a few things out when trying to package this up for release.

However this has now been coreected in the V2 release available form the contributions section at the url below.

I know there are probably still some bugs in it, so if you find any please post here / email me, and I will do my very best to help you out.

The updated version can be found here

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1136

Thanks

Dave

Instant idiot......Just add mud !!

Stylesheet change for return_product.php

it should look like this...

?>

<!doctype html public "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">

<html <?php echo HTML_PARAMS; ?>>

<head>

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=<?php echo CHARSET; ?>">

<title><?php echo TITLE; ?></title>

<base href="<?php echo (($request_type == 'SSL') ? HTTPS_SERVER : HTTP_SERVER) . DIR_WS_CATALOG; ?>">

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="stylesheet.css">

<script language="javascript"><!--

function popupWindow(url) {

window.open(url,'popupWindow','toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status=no,menubar=no,scrollbars=yes,resiza

ble=yes,copyhistory=no,width=450,height=280,screenX=150,screenY=150,top=150,left=

150')

}

//--></script>

</head>

<body marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" topmargin="0" bottommargin="0" leftmargin="0" rightmargin="0">

<!-- header //-->

<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header.php'); ?>

<!-- header_eof //-->

I get the same, theres a language file definition missing. hopefully dave will pick this one up.

cheers for the stylesheet changes, i realised what you meant earlier but i had already changed it yesterday as soon as i installed it.

function is now in the new version also

cheers

barry

The definitions are included inthereturns.php file in the languages/english folder, however it seems that this file is not being called properly during the first few lines of the admin/returns.php file.

The line you will need to add is

include('includes/languages/english/returns.php');

Try plaicng it between

case 'update_order':

and

$oID = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_GET_VARS['oID']);

(approx lines 28-29)

that should solve the problem

Instant idiot......Just add mud !!

Here's a couple of points also.

when you choose to refund with gift vouchers the gift vouchers comes through with email address [email protected] which is my server name and no subject. Could this be set up so that it could be defined under Admin->Configuration->Returns(a new configuration group) along with any other contact stuff.

I could help with the sql stuff if you like.

It might be good to send the emails with the RMA and Returns No. in the subject like :- Returns No. 3 || RMA 34256483

if you want more suggestions for improvements then let me know i have a few.

cheers

barry