• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Problem with RMA Return contribution

I did the changes mentioned above to fix returning a quantity greater then one, and having the correct total show up.

The files edited were:

/catalog/return_product.php

/catalog/include/modules/return_track.php

/admin/returns_invoice.php

The problem still persists in the following areas:

1. Customer tracks an order and now the total price in the return is $0.00

2. In Admin - Returned Products - Edit - Both "Total (ex)" and "Total (inc)" are way off as before.

3. In Admin - Returned Products - Invoice - "Total (ex)" is way off. Then again maybe it is suppose to be, as I am not sure what the difference is in Total(ex) and Total(inc)

Any ideas?

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Paul,

Try changing this:

'exchange_id' => $orders_products['products_exchanged_id'],

To this with the semi-colon at the end of the array:

'exchange_id' => $orders_products['products_exchanged_id'];

Thanks justin

it seems to have worked but i get another error at the bottom

HEADING_ORDER_HISTORY

1054 - Unknown column 'osh.comments' in 'field list'

select os.orders_status_name, osh.date_added, osh.comments from orders_status os, orders_status_history osh where osh.orders_id = '3' and osh.orders_status_id = os.orders_status_id and os.language_id = '1' order by osh.date_added

[TEP STOP]

Not sure what that is........

Another problem and this is just using it, is the product name box....ive tried putting the name and the quantity but keep getting an error

Any help woule be appreciated.

Regards

Paul Roy

God knows what ive done, i get the blinkng thing working, try to tweak a couple of things and now i get this when i click on track returns and a 404 when i click track in order history.....................

Warning: main(includes/languages/english/FILENAME_RETURN) [function.main]: failed to create stream: No such file or directory in /home/domecomp/public_html/shop/returns_track.php on line 46

Fatal error: main() [function.main]: Failed opening required 'includes/languages/english/FILENAME_RETURN' (include_path='') in /home/domecomp/public_html/shop/returns_track.php on line 46

This contribution is rather testing!!!

Thanks in advance

Paul

Hi

This is a great contribution, taken a while to iron a few problems out but the end result is great. :D

Its working pretty smoothly now except for one small thing, I don't seem to be able set a default value for the returns status, the option to select the default shows up, it just doesnt seem to have any effect on the setting.

At the moment I don't have a default meaning that I can only find new RMA's by scanning through all of them to see if theres a new one instead of being able to seperate the new RMA's as the default setting e.g Pending or Awaiting Processing etc.

I've checked on the other options within the mod such as return methods and return reasons and the default setting work fine

Anyone have any ideas as to what the problem could be, do you think this is more likely to be a database problem or a code problem :?:

Any suggestions would be great

Thanks

Andy

Hi Andy,

Thats is caused by a db error,

If you look through your configuration table for the following value using something like phpmyadmin

DEFAULT_RETURN_STATUS_ID

and change it to

DEFAULT_RETURNS_STATUS_ID

everthing should then work

Instant idiot......Just add mud !!

A big up to Dave for this ecellent addition to OSC!

:bigups:

I hope you have all considered donations where credit is due. :wink:

I am sure it wouldn't go amiss.

CC.

Hi David

Thanks that corrected the problem, and thanks again for a great contribution, not only that but you've offered some great backup for those having a few problems, myself included

A great contribution and one which I hope gets considered for integration into the next release of the core code, I think it would benefit a lot of people.

Thanks again :D

Andy

Hi,

i want to use this helpful contribution in english and german. But it seems that there are some files which are not written for multiple languages, e.g. the returns_track.php. So i make definitions in the languages files and put a code like this in the table:

<?php echo RMA_NUMMER_ANFORDERUNG; ?>

But this code is only working above the table, but not IN the table. Could please somebody tell me why?

Is it planned to write this contribution in fully multiple language use?

Best regards,

Harald

Hi!

For some reason...when i try to return products, the price in the return section is 0.00 instead of the actual price $7.00....

please help.

It shows this on the bottom of the table in the admin. I would like to know how to solve this problem. It shows up on

-Returns Reasons

-Returns Methods

-Returns Status

1.GIF

2.GIF

3.GIF

Thanks,

Paul Luu

you have to add the correct text into english.php

i had to add it manually since I dont think it came with the files.

so in admin/includes/language/english.php

add

(define,'TEXT_DISPLAY_NUMBER_OF_TICKETS_STATUS', 'WHATEVER YOU WANT IT TO SAY')

I think it's supposed to say Ticket's Status or Returns or something...

hi gus

i knwo soem oen had thsi problem before and he solved it , i can no't fidn teh solution in teh forum

i am getting the following error message after installing the 2.1 version

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_DOUBLE_ARROW in /home/virtual/site26/fst/var/www/html/includes/classes/order.php on line 118

Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: order in /home/virtual/site26/fst/var/www/html/checkout_shipping.php on line 44

any idea?

thanks

it seems i'm missing a file filename_return_packingslip in the admin side. Is it normal i don't see it in the contrib?

then i have one question. Imagine a customer make a first return for any reason and then , on delivery a product is broken and need a second return.

when i go to my history order, i can't create a second order.

any help welcome

PL DTM

-----------------------------------------

Sur un malentendu, ... ?a pourrait marcher

Hi Guys

i am posting thisi for theh second time , any help pls ??

i got the following program once installed the rma system

the error messsage is :-

Parse error: parse error, unexpected ',' in /home/islamab/public_html/catalog/includes/classes/order.php on line 112

Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: order in /home/islamab/public_html/catalog/checkout_shipping.php on line 43

pls help

you have to add the correct text into english.php

i had to add it manually since I dont think it came with the files.

so in admin/includes/language/english.php

add

(define,'TEXT_DISPLAY_NUMBER_OF_TICKETS_STATUS', 'WHATEVER YOU WANT IT TO SAY')

I think it's supposed to say Ticket's Status or Returns or something...

Is there a specific place this is supposed to be placed in the admin/includes/languages/english.php? I placed it at the very end of the file and it no workie.

THanks!

Mark

Also, can someone explain to me how this module is supposed to work on the user's side? I do not see any place that an RMA request can be made by the customer. I must be missing something VERY obvious. :oops:

Mark

The addition to the code shou go before the ?> in english.php and the customer can return a prduct from their order history.

cheers

barry

The addition to the code shou go before the ?> in english.php and the customer can return a prduct from their order history.

Hmmmm.. After reinstalling the entire module from top to bottom, I still do not get rid of the TEXT_DISPLAY_NUMBER_OF_TICKET_STATUS. Also, there is no "return" option in customer history. I am not getting any errors. Something is definately wrong.

Mark

Yes, I have read through the thread. I possibly have made a bad assumption that all the "fixes" here are incorporated into the latest module available for download which I have. Is that a bad assumption?

Mark

this is my second post for this problem but i didn't solve my problem;

is it normal that there is no file called: filename_return_packingslip

do i need to define something?

thanks

PL DTM

-----------------------------------------

Sur un malentendu, ... ?a pourrait marcher

I wouldn't like to say either way as i don't know nut it would be worth checking all the fixes against the module to see what has been included and what hasn't.

cheers

barry

If my memory serves me correctly, that should be

filename_returns_packingslip

not

filename_return_packingslip

I could be wrong, it was a while ago I did this.

CC.

Hi Guys

i am posting this for the THIRD TIME :( , any one can help pls ??

i got the following error message when i installed the RMA System

Parse error: parse error, unexpected ',' in /home/islamab/public_html/catalog/includes/classes/order.php on line 112

Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: order in /home/islamab/public_html/catalog/checkout_shipping.php on line 43

would any one be so kind and help me with this problem , i emailed the author but no response,

thanks