• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Access Denied For User-Please Help!

I tried to post this in the general help forum but it was in some kind of chinese writing...not sure what happened there, but anyway...

I installed Product Attribute Pictures on OSC 2.3.4 and got the error:

Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in/home1/mysite/public_html/includes/functions/paps_data_access.php on line 78

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in/home1/mysite/public_html/includes/functions/paps_data_access.php on line 78

I got a similar error in the backend which I fixed by editing the sessions configuration...the backend is fine but this error shows on my product_info.php page.

any ideas? thank you.

(not sure why the text changed from regular to bold either, sorry)

nevermind i fixed it by changing "mysql_query" to "tep_db_query"

Edited by broadstreetbully

I tried to post this in the general help forum but it was in some kind of chinese writing...not sure what happened there, but anyway...

I installed Product Attribute Pictures on OSC 2.3.4 and got the error:

Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in/home1/mysite/public_html/includes/functions/paps_data_access.php on line 78

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in/home1/mysite/public_html/includes/functions/paps_data_access.php on line 78

I got a similar error in the backend which I fixed by editing the sessions configuration...the backend is fine but this error shows on my product_info.php page.

any ideas? thank you.

(not sure why the text changed from regular to bold either, sorry)

nevermind i fixed it by changing "mysql_query" to "tep_db_query"

this addon is straight garbage, strongly suggest not using it. it works for 2.2 but for 2.3 it might as well not exist.

If it doesn't work on the latest version, for which it was never designed, you will have to get someone to code it correctly for you. you could then release it as an update to the benefit of the whole community. Moaning and doing nothing will not improve oscommerce, being proactive will. So get it coded correctly so it works, add it as an update in the addon area and help others. Failing that sit there do nothing and just moan.

Sorry to sound harsh but you get out of something what you put in, especially when that product is FREE.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP