• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Purchase Without Account Updated & Admin Functionality

Id would like to know where in the each to add the new lines of code for installation. I noticed in the readme.txt file it says to add for example

OPEN AND MAKE CHANGES IN THIS FILE: /catalog/includes/application_top.php

//Begin Checkout Without Account Modifications

define('FILENAME_PWA_PWA_LOGIN', 'login_pwa.php'); //BMC new as of v0.57

define('FILENAME_PWA_ACC_LOGIN', 'login_acc.php'); //BMC new as of v0.57

define('FILENAME_CHECKOUT', 'Order_Info.php');

//End Checkout Without Account Modifications

But where do we put these in that file do we just add it anywhere in the file just asking cause I am looking for this function and I do not fully understand how to install it properly.

Thanks for the update though I am looking to get this function working soon.

Thank You In Advance, For Your Assistance

From A Newbie Point Of View...

Happiness is Getting OSC Operating to it's fullest potential and

with the help of Contributors and Forum Moderators, we can all do it. Support the cause. Donate to osCommerce.

baesic2

Hi,

Thanks for this good contribution.

I have one problem now.

I cant figure out how to add more fields.

I have tried to copy one of the other that already are there, has also inserted an new field in the database.

Is there somebody that can help we with this?

Regards

Thomas

OK,

I just installed this contrib and am confused... during the purchase process, the customer clicks on CHECKOUT (without account) and it says no personal information is stored... however, when I go into my ADMIN pages, the personal information was stored. Is this the way it is supposed to work. I understand some of it needs to be saved for processing of the order, but is it indefinately held? For example, if the same person comes back to the store to purchase again and enters his e-mail address, is it going to say that there is already an account under the e-mail? I know it shouldn't be working like that, but looks like it is working that way...

help!

Jim

I am also noticing that the program is remembering who I am each time I open the website. I am using my test account, but have to delete the cookies each time to test. Is there a way to fix this also?

Jim

OK,

I just installed this contrib and am confused... during the purchase process, the customer clicks on CHECKOUT (without account) and it says no personal information is stored... however, when I go into my ADMIN pages, the personal information was stored.  Is this the way it is supposed to work.  I understand some of it needs to be saved for processing of the order, but is it indefinately held?  For example, if the same person comes back to the store to purchase again and enters his e-mail address, is it going to say that there is already an account under the e-mail?  I know it shouldn't be working like that, but looks like it is working that way...

help!

Jim

Dear Jim,

Is it saved also in the customer tables? or just in order? Because it's going to first save it in customer sql tabell and the deletes it from there. And if an customer uses the same email address several times its fine. He dont get any errors because the only place it will be stored is in orders tabell and that tabell is the tabell that checks if the customer is registrerd before.

Sorry about my bad english. Hope you understand me enough sow im helpful :D

Regards

Thomas

If I go to the customers page in ADMIN, the person who used Purchase Without Account is listed. Now using my test account, I let it go as far as bringing up the paypal screen, but never completing the transaction. It places the order in the PENDING stage with the PayPal IPN. When does it delete the customer info?

OK,

I just installed this contrib and am confused... during the purchase process, the customer clicks on CHECKOUT (without account) and it says no personal information is stored... however, when I go into my ADMIN pages, the personal information was stored.  Is this the way it is supposed to work.  I understand some of it needs to be saved for processing of the order, but is it indefinately held?  For example, if the same person comes back to the store to purchase again and enters his e-mail address, is it going to say that there is already an account under the e-mail?  I know it shouldn't be working like that, but looks like it is working that way...

help!

Jim

the customer info is stored as normal to minimize the changes needed for this.

However, it is deleted at checkout success when the order is completed and only the order information is retained.

but, if the customer does not get to checkout success, the data remains and is subsequently deleted when the same customer enters that email address again.

so yes, you can have a lot of PWA customers in your customers table but those entries will be deleted when they complete checkout or come back.

Treasurer MFC

I really need this contribution. Thanks so much for posting.

Before proceeding, a few questions: I have already installed the Credit Class & Gift Voucher contrib and quite a few others. Is this compatible withe CCGV?

I've looked throught the files in this contrib. I don't find any tags in some of the files to indicate what was changed specifically for the contrib. I am getting better at this. But, still a newbie. How do you compare the files for what is needed in this contrib to what I have in my modified files?

The following files are modified by both this and the credit voucher contrib; but with no indication of the changes....

/catalog/checkout_process.php (modified in Credit Voucher contrib)

/catalog/checkout_success.php (modified in Credit Voucher contrib)

/catalog/create_account.php (modified in Credit Voucher contrib)

/catalog/includes/header.php (modified by other contribs)

/catalog/admin/orders.php (modified by other contribs)

ANY help would be appreicated!

Anthony David

AllThingsTrendy.com

Hi,

I have installed this great contribution, is all ok, but when arrive the e-mail at the customer there is price = 0.00 near the item buyed

this is the only problem

sorry if there is the solution in this post but is very big...

Id would like to know where in the each to add the new lines of code for installation. I noticed in the readme.txt file it says to add for example

OPEN AND MAKE CHANGES IN THIS FILE:  /catalog/includes/application_top.php

define('FILENAME_PWA_PWA_LOGIN', 'login_pwa.php');  //BMC new as of v0.57

define('FILENAME_PWA_ACC_LOGIN', 'login_acc.php');  //BMC new as of v0.57

But where do we put these in that file do we just add it anywhere in the file just asking cause I am looking for this function and I do not fully understand how to install it properly.

Isnt there somebody that can help me inserting more fields in the checkout?

Regards

Thomas

OPEN AND MAKE CHANGES IN THIS FILE:  /catalog/includes/application_top.php

define('FILENAME_PWA_PWA_LOGIN', 'login_pwa.php');  //BMC new as of v0.57

define('FILENAME_PWA_ACC_LOGIN', 'login_acc.php');  //BMC new as of v0.57

As far as I can tell there are no modifications to /catalog/includes/application_top.php.

Are you using version 0.82?

If so, try this:

catalog/includes/filenames.php

add at end before ?>

// PWA

define('FILENAME_PWA_PWA_LOGIN', 'login_pwa.php');

define('FILENAME_PWA_ACC_LOGIN', 'login_acc.php');

define('FILENAME_ORDER_INFO', 'Order_Info.php');

define('FILENAME_ORDER_INFO_PROCESS', 'Order_Info_Process.php');

// end PWA

There is a great contribution from Mace that has just install instructions for sites that have other contributions- should work great for anyone. I haven't tested it yet though so we'll see.

Do, or do not. There is no try.

Order Editor 5.0.6 "Ultra Violet" is now available!

For support or to post comments, suggestions, etc, please visit the Order Editor support thread.

Hi,

Thanks for this good contribution.

I have one problem now.

I cant figure out how to add more fields.

I have tried to copy one of the other that already are there, has also inserted an new field in the database.

Is there somebody that can help we with this?

Regards

Thomas

Thomas-

I have the same problem. I don't know how to modify my database. I'm muddling through with php MyAdmin 2.5.6. How about you?

For support or to post comments, suggestions, etc, please visit the Order Editor support thread.

Thomas-

Modifying the database turned out to be really easy. Each line in the instructions such as

ALTER TABLE customers ADD purchased_without_account TINYINT(1) UNSIGNED DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL AFTER customers_id;

is a SQL command you have to run on your database. In phpMyAdmin, when you login there is a link that says "Query Window" at the bottom of the page. Click on that, and a window will pop up. Inside the window there is a box, and inside mine there is the default message of

SELECT * FROM  WHERE 1

I replaced that with one of the SQL commands and hit "Go". The database was then altered.

Hopefully this helps you. Please let me know!

Cheers

Stew

Thomas-

Modifying the database turned out to be really easy.  Each line in the instructions such as

ALTER TABLE customers ADD purchased_without_account TINYINT(1) UNSIGNED DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL AFTER customers_id;

is a SQL command you have to run on your database.    In phpMyAdmin, when you login there is a link that says "Query Window" at the bottom of the page.  Click on that, and a window will pop up.  Inside the window there is a box, and inside mine there is the  default message of

SELECT * FROM ?WHERE 1

I replaced that with one of the SQL commands and hit "Go".  The database was then altered. 

Hopefully this helps you.  Please let me know!

Cheers

Stew

Stew,

Thanks for the reply, This i have figured out.

But its the php files that i dont figure out.

Do you now how insert the fields in the php files also?

Thanks for your help

-Thomas-

bump... :'(

I really need this contribution.  Thanks so much for posting.

Before proceeding, a few questions: I have already installed the Credit Class & Gift Voucher contrib and quite a few others.  Is this compatible withe CCGV?

I've looked throught the files in this contrib.  I don't find any tags in some of the files to indicate what was changed specifically for the contrib.  I am getting better at this.  But, still a newbie.  How do you compare the files for what is needed in this contrib to what I have in my modified files?

The following files are modified by both this and the credit voucher contrib; but with no indication of the changes....

/catalog/checkout_process.php (modified in Credit Voucher contrib)

/catalog/checkout_success.php (modified in Credit Voucher contrib)

/catalog/create_account.php  (modified in Credit Voucher contrib)

/catalog/includes/header.php (modified by other contribs)

/catalog/admin/orders.php  (modified by other contribs)

ANY help would be appreicated!

Anthony David

AllThingsTrendy.com

Stew,

Thanks for the reply, This i have figured out.

But its the php files that i dont figure out.

Do you now how insert the fields in the php files also?

Thanks for your help

-Thomas-

Which fields are you trying to change?

Which fields are you trying to change?

Im trying to insert new fields, because i need more fields than the standard oscommerce.

I want a little more information about my customers.

Hope you can help me to make the script insert to the fields in the database.

Regards

Thomas

Hello,

When a customer checks out using the Purchase Without Account option, the checkout_success.php page shows the following error:

1054 - Unknown column 'purchased_without_account' in 'field list'

update orders set purchased_without_account = '1' where orders_id = '180'

[TEP STOP]

Does anyone know why this is happening and how it can be fixed?

Thanks,

Paul

Hello,

When a customer checks out using the Purchase Without Account option, the checkout_success.php page shows the following error:

Does anyone know why this is happening and how it can be fixed?

Thanks,

Paul

It looks like you did not follow Step 5 in the Install_Instructions.txt file which asks you to execute these SQL statements on your database:

ALTER TABLE customers ADD INDEX (purchased_without_account);

INSERT INTO configuration_group VALUES (40, 'Accounts', 'Configuration of Account settings', 40, 1);

INSERT INTO configuration VALUES ('', 'Purchase Without Account', 'PWA_ON','true','Allow Customers to purchase without an account', 40, 1, '2003-04-08 13:07:44', '2003-04-08 12:10:51', NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'true\', \'false\'),');

ALTER TABLE orders ADD purchased_without_account TINYINT (1) UNSIGNED DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL;

This is just a quick guess on my part!

It looks like you did not follow Step 5 in the Install_Instructions.txt file which asks you to execute these SQL statements on your database

Thanks for your advice. I actually had run the SQL statements because it said that the table already existed. However, upon further inspection, I noticed that ALTER TABLE orders ADD purchased_without_account TINYINT (1) UNSIGNED DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL; was not in the database, so I executed that statement and now everything works! But now something strange has happened. Before, when a customer would use the Purchase Without Account feature, it would create a customer record (name, address, etc.). After executing the above statement, now when I tested an order using Purchase Without Account, the customer record is not created. Is that how it's really supposed to function?

Thanks,

Paul

Hi,

Have recently installed PWA v0.82 and it appears to work fine.

Although when you go into the admin panel - customer -customer orders - edit and update this page (with the notify customer box checked), the customer receives a blank email.

This happens for registered customers and those that are in the database via the purchased without account method.

Why does this happen? Has anyone else experienced this after using this addon?

Thanks

Clive

Regards,

Clive

Thanks for your advice.  I actually had run the SQL statements because it said that the table already existed.  However, upon further inspection, I noticed that ALTER TABLE orders ADD purchased_without_account TINYINT (1) UNSIGNED DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL; was not in the database, so I executed that statement and now everything works!  But now something strange has happened.  Before, when a customer would use the Purchase Without Account feature, it would create a customer record (name, address, etc.).  After executing the above statement, now when I tested an order using Purchase Without Account, the customer record is not created.  Is that how it's really supposed to function?

Thanks,

Paul

That's how it is supposed to function, remember it is called Purchase Without Account. In the end you only have an order which has all the customer details needed, the temporarily customer account gets deleted after a successful checkout.