• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Purchase Without Account Updated & Admin Functionality

I just encountered an issue where PWA 1.1.2a caused the purchase pipeline to leave the secure environment for anyone attempting to purchase without an account. I tracked the problem down to the following section of create_account.php (around lines 259-260):

// Ingo PWA
  if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['guest'])) tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING));

which I modified to the following:

// Ingo PWA
  if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['guest'])) tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING,'','SSL'));

TFO,

Where did you encounter the problem with the ssl pages not being secure. Which page? I have had this contrib installed for sometime now with the first code you posted

// Ingo PWA
  if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['guest'])) tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING));

And have yet to have a problem with ssl on any page.

Are you on a shared server, shared sever and ssl? As these could be the reason why you got the non ssl pages.

Thanks,

Hi..

Is there a module that allow my customers to purchase without account and they put their information in a single one page, not 4 or 5 pages ?

I try the "Purchase without account" module but the checkout process contain 5 pages .

I want these options in a single page ?

Thanks in advance.

Hi..

Is there a module that allow my customers to purchase without account and they put their information in a single one page, not 4 or 5 pages ?

I try the "Purchase without account" module but the checkout process contain 5 pages .

I want these options in a single page ?

Thanks in advance.

No

I've found an issue using PWA, but it may be a subsequent contribution I installed called Easy Address Change.

When a PWA customer logs in as Guest and clicks on Change Address, they are seeing previous PWA Guests shipping addresses... a real security problem. I have removed the PWA option until I resolve the issue. Matrix, if you have any clue the help is appreciated.

I posted a similiar question in the Easy Address Change thread. http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...78entry875178

Easy address contribution

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...+address+change

Here is my site

Thanks!

-Dave

There has to be a lot of hacking to get FEC and Easy Address to work correctly together. This also goes for How did you hear about us contrib ( I would recomend that one should use the "Ask A Question" contrib which is easily added and works with PWA).

The FEC contrib I would use is the other one. I cant recal the name of it but it adds the creat account and shipping pages together.

Hi,

Don't know if anyone can help, but here is my issue.

After a customer has made a purchase using PWA, a confirmation email is sent, with a link to the invoice.

If the customer wants to look at the invoice, say the next day, they click on the link but are redirected to the login page of the site, but as they had not created an account, they can not login, so can't see a copy invoice.

Is this fixable?

No, because they "have no account" they can not access an invoice. You would have to send them a copy or a pdf...

I have ditched the PWA concept for the time being. too many issues with other more important contributions like easier address change, which greatly improves the user experience at checkout. Besides, I've decided its more important to know my customers and be able to offer full information and quick responses, than have some PWA ability that really didnt make much difference in the steps to checkout other than just not saving it to the db...

FWIW, Matrixx is a fantastic support source for this good contribution. Its just not right for my store I think.

My .02

Good luck.

My site: www.pavepatch.com

enjoy

-Dave

Hi,

Don't know if anyone can help, but here is my issue.

After a customer has made a purchase using PWA, a confirmation email is sent, with a link to the invoice.

If the customer wants to look at the invoice, say the next day, they click on the link but are redirected to the login page of the site, but as they had not created an account, they can not login, so can't see a copy invoice.

Is this fixable?

There should be a way to do it. One email for a registered customer, and one for a PWA customer. It should not be hard, but I do not know how to do it.

In the interim, you could delete the link for all customers and explain in text that they can track orders if they are registered by logging in.

TFO,

Where did you encounter the problem with the ssl pages not being secure. Which page? I have had this contrib installed for sometime now with the first code you posted

// Ingo PWA

And have yet to have a problem with ssl on any page.

Are you on a shared server, shared sever and ssl? As these could be the reason why you got the non ssl pages.

Thanks,

I encountered it in a shared hosting environment where the secure server is actually a different hostname from the non-secure server. It was when reaching checkout_shipping.php

I'm currently experiencing an issue where PWA 1.1.2a is not calculating/displaying sales tax for customers purchasing without an account. It works fine for customers who purchase with an account. Has anyone else encountered this behavior? I don't immediately see anything in the code that accounts for the discrepancy, but I assume it would be in includes/classes/order.php.

This contribution does not work and I don't know what to do after I tried to install the version PWA 1.1.2a and PWA 1.1.2b... There are a lot of concurrency problems (I created the shipping address, my boss created another one... when I went to edit the address, I could see both addresses :D)

Is there a working version that you could indicate??? To make the process shorter, is there someone with both shipping and billing addresses forms together in the same page??? What about the email? Where the customer provides the email address during the checkout?

Please let me know because I have to rollback this installation and start over again...

Marcello

Marcello Sales

Software Systems Architect

Computer Science

I'm currently experiencing an issue where PWA 1.1.2a is not calculating/displaying sales tax for customers purchasing without an account. It works fine for customers who purchase with an account. Has anyone else encountered this behavior? I don't immediately see anything in the code that accounts for the discrepancy, but I assume it would be in includes/classes/order.php.

tfo, by any chance did you add this contrib after you added any other contribs. If so use a file compare program like minMerge you can get it at sourceforge.net. Also there is a step by step txt file that was included in the contrib for modified shops. I have had this contrib installed for 8 months and havent had one problem. If you have added a contrib before and need help as to modify any code post it here and I will help you.

This contribution does not work and I don't know what to do after I tried to install the version PWA 1.1.2a and PWA 1.1.2b... There are a lot of concurrency problems (I created the shipping address, my boss created another one... when I went to edit the address, I could see both addresses :D)

Is there a working version that you could indicate??? To make the process shorter, is there someone with both shipping and billing addresses forms together in the same page??? What about the email? Where the customer provides the email address during the checkout?

Please let me know because I have to rollback this installation and start over again...

Marcello

marcellosales, same as for you as above. PWA like many other contributations has limitations as to what contrib s can and cant be used with it. PWA is awesome but it can hold you back as Roaddoc said (top of page). For instance PWA at the moment WILL NOT work with "Fast easy checkout, Easy address, How Did you hear about us" That I am aware of at the moment.

As far as a working model the one that I posted works, I use it. So can you be a little more specific with the error(s) you are having and where its not working.

Has anyone gotten this to work 100% with the review feature? I've installed PWA, and when I hit "Write Review" it takes me to Order_Info.php. This is okay (ish), except that after I fill that form out, it adds the item to my cart and takes me back to the product, not the reviews. Thanks!

Has anyone gotten this to work 100% with the review feature? I've installed PWA, and when I hit "Write Review" it takes me to Order_Info.php. This is okay (ish), except that after I fill that form out, it adds the item to my cart and takes me back to the product, not the reviews. Thanks!

teleute, Are you trying to add a review threw PWA if so it will not work. You have to be an account holder to write a review. I tried to write a review through PWA and I was returned to the login.php

Hope this helps

teleute, Are you trying to add a review threw PWA if so it will not work. You have to be an account holder to write a review. I tried to write a review through PWA and I was returned to the login.php

Hope this helps

If that is the case, you could try the Allow_guest_reviews_v2.01-MS2 conrtibution.

If that is the case, you could try the Allow_guest_reviews_v2.01-MS2 conrtibution.

That's exactly what I did last night, and it works just fine. Sorry I hadn't had the chance to report back here yet. Thanks!

Stew,

I cleaned up login.php. I was able to remove about 1/3 of the code to make it simpler. I separated the three boxes (Checkout, New Customer and Login) so they are not all connected together. I reordered the boxes so that Login is first, New Customer is second and PWA Checkout is last since eveyone wants customers to create an account if possible. Lastly, I was able to integrate the Credit Class/Gift Vouchers/Discount Coupons (CCVG v5.13) into my site that has PWA installed. I put in a code snippet that prevents a PWA purchase when a Gift Voucher is in the cart since CCVG requires an account to function. I bolded this code so that it could easily be removed below. I thought that if you like most of these changes, you could incorporate them in your next version if you wish.

tfo, by any chance did you add this contrib after you added any other contribs. If so use a file compare program like minMerge you can get it at sourceforge.net. Also there is a step by step txt file that was included in the contrib for modified shops. I have had this contrib installed for 8 months and havent had one problem. If you have added a contrib before and need help as to modify any code post it here and I will help you.

Actually, I think this was the first contribution I installed for this installation. It also has First Item Plus Additional (a shipping module) and Individual Product Shipping, but both were installed after PWA.

As best I can tell, the discrepancy must be poking it's head in during this part of the pipeline:

login.php ( -> create_account.php ) -> checkout_shipping.php -> checkout_payment.php -> checkout_confirmation.php

I haven't isolated the differences yet (working on it now), but I think it's related to when $order->info['tax_groups'] gets set.

As best I can tell, the discrepancy must be poking it's head in during this part of the pipeline:

login.php ( -> create_account.php ) -> checkout_shipping.php -> checkout_payment.php -> checkout_confirmation.php

I haven't isolated the differences yet (working on it now), but I think it's related to when $order->info['tax_groups'] gets set.

I don't really suspect any other contributions right now. As best I can tell, it's happening in order.php somehow.

When I reach checkout_confirmation.php when purchasing without an account, I see the value of $order->info['tax_groups'] as "Unknown tax rate: 0".

tfo,

Yeah this is the only bad thing about PWA and the ability to merge with other contribs. The best thing that I would suggest is unistalling PWA and using the fast easy checkout contrib as you can also let people purchase with out an account(I think) and it is a lot faster and more of a proffessional look and feel for a store in my opion.

If you need any help I would be glad to offer any assistance you may need

I don't really suspect any other contributions right now. As best I can tell, it's happening in order.php somehow.

When I reach checkout_confirmation.php when purchasing without an account, I see the value of $order->info['tax_groups'] as "Unknown tax rate: 0".

It turns out that I had this line in create_account.php:

$entry_state_has_zones = false;

immediately before this block:

if ($entry_state_has_zones == true) {
	$zone_query = tep_db_query("select distinct zone_id from " . TABLE_ZONES . " where zone_country_id = '" . (int)$country . "' and (zone_name like '" . tep_db_input($state) . "%' or zone_code like '%" . tep_db_input($state) . "%')");
	if (tep_db_num_rows($zone_query) == 1) {
	  $zone = tep_db_fetch_array($zone_query);
	  $zone_id = $zone['zone_id'];
	} else {
	  $error = true;

$messageStack->add('create_account', ENTRY_STATE_ERROR_SELECT);
	}
  } else {
	if (strlen($state) < ENTRY_STATE_MIN_LENGTH) {
	  $error = true;

$messageStack->add('create_account', ENTRY_STATE_ERROR);
	}
  }

I am now investigating how that got there because it doesn't seem to be a step in any of the currently installed contributions.