• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Purchase Without Account Updated & Admin Functionality

Well, I guess all I could do to fix it was to comment out my Best Login box. That has fixed most everything. No more account info to look at...even if they click on My Account in the header after providing their info in PWA, they're given only the option of signing in or creating an account, so...great! I can live without the box. Their info is no longer being stored in admin after completing a purchase, either. It was...until I removed that box. Amazing how much trouble one stupid box can create. LOL.

But, I still have the remaining problem of duplicate order emails being sent to the customer after a purchase with PWA. Store owner gets one, as I should, but the customer gets two. How can I fix that, please?

Andrea

I was just getting ready to upload my modified files for PWA...glad I didnt. I also have loginbox best installed( http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2538 ). Anybody happen to have PWA working properly with this login box? Id prefer to keep it if possible.

Also, I noticed that the order_info.php included for use with country-state-selector is different then both of the 2 most current versions that were posted with country-state selector. Which is the best to use?

I was just getting ready to upload my modified files for PWA...glad I didnt. I also have loginbox best installed( http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2538 ). Anybody happen to have PWA working properly with this login box? Id prefer to keep it if possible.

Also, I noticed that the order_info.php included for use with country-state-selector is different then both of the 2 most current versions that were posted with country-state selector. Which is the best to use?

What is this loginbox thingy and what does it do?

I'm not following your question about country-state selector. If you mean that new versions of C-SS have been released since the version that was used with PWA circa v0.9 and 0.91, then it's hard to say for sure.

Do, or do not. There is no try.

Order Editor 5.0.6 "Ultra Violet" is now available!

For support or to post comments, suggestions, etc, please visit the Order Editor support thread.

The login box resides in a column and is just a loginbox that displays the persons name as a personal greeting after they login. It also has links in it to the customers account, order history and some other stuff. Its a pretty small contribution.....maybe you'll know of a way to have it disabled if the customer chooses to use PWA.

As for C-SS...I simply meant that the last couple versions of the order_info.php file that was included with C-SS are alittle different from the one that is included with PWA to use with C-SS. Im wondering which is the best to use. The last version that Steve made and included on teh C-SS contributions page?

Thanks for your time :)

I've installed PWA 1.0.2 and I do not see any difference when I checkout. When I checkout I get two options Continue which brings me to My Account Information and sign in. I've double checked all of my files with the contribution instructions and everything is there. I have the following other contributions installed Country-state selector, categoriesFrontPage2-3c, PageHeaders_1_2.zip, popup_image_1_2_3_4_5_6.zip, Meta Tags v3.0a, MinOrderQuantity, option_type_feature_v1.71.

Does anyone know what I might have missed or if one of these other contributions might be in conflict?

Thank You for any help you can give.

Sonia,

The login box resides in a column and is just a loginbox that displays the persons name as a personal greeting after they login. It also has links in it to the customers account, order history and some other stuff. Its a pretty small contribution.....maybe you'll know of a way to have it disabled if the customer chooses to use PWA.

As for C-SS...I simply meant that the last couple versions of the order_info.php file that was included with C-SS are alittle different from the one that is included with PWA to use with C-SS. Im wondering which is the best to use. The last version that Steve made and included on teh C-SS contributions page?

Thanks for your time :)

Post the code for login box and we should be able to get it to work with PWA.

As for C-SS, I would do whatever feels right. According to the contribution he's no longer adding in the PWA files:

Remove PWA merge files as those are now in the PWA contribution. Merged in the edits from the osCommerce 2.2-MS2 051113 update for the replacement files provided (catalog/address_book_process.php and catalog/admin/includes/functions/html_output.php). None of those edits are in code changed by this contribution, so if you've already made those edits, or don't want to, there's nothing new here.

For support or to post comments, suggestions, etc, please visit the Order Editor support thread.

Post the code for login box and we should be able to get it to work with PWA.

<?php
/*
 osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
 http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright (c) 2002 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

Autologin added by DJ Downey http://www.liquidgfx.com

*/

// WebMakers.com Added: Do not show if on login or create account
if ( (!strstr($_SERVER['PHP_SELF'],'login.php')) and (!strstr($_SERVER['PHP_SELF'],'create_account.php')) and !tep_session_is_registered('customer_id') )  {
?>
<!-- loginbox //-->
<?php
if (!tep_session_is_registered('customer_id')){

?>

<tr>
		<td>
<?php
$info_box_contents = array();
$info_box_contents[] = array('align' => 'left',
							 'text'  => BOX_LOGINBOX_HEADING
							);
new infoBoxHeading($info_box_contents, $newtheme, false, false);
$loginboxcontent = "
		<form name=\"login\" method=\"post\" action=\"" . tep_href_link(FILENAME_LOGIN, 'action=process') . "\">
		<table border=\"0\" width=\"100%\" cellspacing=\"0\" cellpadding=\"0\">
		  <tr>
			<td align=\"center\" class=\"infoBoxContents\">
				" . tep_box_greeting_top() . "
			</td>
		  </tr>
		  <tr>
			  " . BOX_LOGINBOX_EMAIL . "
			</td>
		  </tr>
		  <tr>
			  <input type=\"text\" name=\"email_address\" maxlength=\"96\" size=\"20\" value=\"\">
			</td>
		  </tr>
		  <tr>
			  " . BOX_LOGINBOX_PASSWORD . " <A HREF=\"" . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PASSWORD_FORGOTTEN, '', 'NONSSL') . "\">" . BOX_LOGINBOX_FORGOT_PASSWORD . "</A>
			</td>
		  </tr>
		  <tr>
			  <input type=\"password\" name=\"password\" maxlength=\"40\" size=\"20\" value=\"\">
			</td>
		  </tr>
		  <tr>
			<td class=\"infoBoxContents\" align=\"center\">
			  " . tep_image_submit('button_login.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_LOGIN) . "

</td>
		  </tr>
		  <tr>
			  " . BOX_LOGINBOX_NEW . "
			</td>
		  </tr>
		</table>
		</form>
		  ";
$info_box_contents[] = array('align' => 'center',
							 'text'  => $loginboxcontent
							);
new infoBox($info_box_contents);
?>
		</td>
	  </tr>
<?php
 } else {
 // If you want to display anything when the user IS logged in, put it
 // in here...  Possibly a "You are logged in as :" box or something.
 }
?>
<!-- loginbox_eof //-->
<?php
// WebMakers.com Added: My Account Info Box
} else {
 if (tep_session_is_registered('customer_id')) {
?>

<!-- my_account_info //-->
	  <tr>
		<td>
<?php
 $info_box_contents[] = array('align' => 'left',
						   'text'  => BOX_HEADING_LOGIN_BOX_MY_ACCOUNT
						  );
 new infoBoxHeading($info_box_contents, $newtheme, false, false);
 $loginboxcontent = "
	  <table border=\"0\" width=\"100%\" cellspacing=\"0\" cellpadding=\"0\">
		<tr>
		  <td align=\"center\" class=\"loginBoxGreeting\">
		  " . tep_box_greeting_top() . "
		  </td>
		</tr>
		<tr>
	  </table>
		";
 $info_box_contents[] = array('align' => 'center',
						   'text'  => $loginboxcontent . 
				  '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ACCOUNT, '', 'NONSSL') . '">' . LOGIN_BOX_MY_ACCOUNT . '</a><br>' . 
									  '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ACCOUNT_EDIT, '', 'NONSSL') . '">' . LOGIN_BOX_ACCOUNT_EDIT . '</a><br>' .
									  '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ACCOUNT_HISTORY, '', 'NONSSL') . '">' . LOGIN_BOX_ACCOUNT_HISTORY . '</a><br>' .
									  '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ADDRESS_BOOK, '', 'NONSSL') . '">' . LOGIN_BOX_ADDRESS_BOOK . '</a><br>' .
									  '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ACCOUNT_NOTIFICATIONS, '', 'NONSSL') . '">' . LOGIN_BOX_PRODUCT_NOTIFICATIONS . '</a><br>' .
									  '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_LOGOFF, '', 'NONSSL') . '"><b>' . LOGIN_BOX_LOGOFF . '</b></a>'
   				  );
 new infoBox($info_box_contents);
?>
		</td>
	  </tr>
<!-- my_account_info_eof //-->

<?php
 }
}
?>

As far as CS-S, i was reffering to version 1.3.2 and 1.3.0. They both are slightly different then what comes with PWA 0.91. Your PWA V.91 dates after the newest CS-S release that contains the PWA files(1.3.2) but the order_info.php files are different.

I have the PWA contribution installed and I'd like for the newsletter option to be pre-ticked, instead of the customer having to tick it. I would like for them to un-tick it if they do not want the newsletter.

I have read other posts where the code is to alter create_account. But this doesn't seem to work my PWA contribution. The file that it brings up is Order_info.php and there is nothing about a newsletter in this file.

Is anyone able to offer some assistance?

I have the PWA contribution installed and I'd like for the newsletter option to be pre-ticked, instead of the customer having to tick it. I would like for them to un-tick it if they do not want the newsletter.

I have read other posts where the code is to alter create_account. But this doesn't seem to work my PWA contribution. The file that it brings up is Order_info.php and there is nothing about a newsletter in this file.

Is anyone able to offer some assistance?

In my understanding of the way the newsletter works, only customers who have profiles stored in the database can receive the newsletter.

The way PWA is supposed to work, the user account set up when a customer uses this feature is only temporary and is deleted once they've completed checkout.

=> Having a PWA customer select or un-select a newsletter option is a waste of their time.

However, you can do all sorts of custom mods to the PWA process, the newsletter module, order_info.php, etc., to have your site work the way you want it to. That's where the fun begins.... :)

As far as CS-S, i was reffering to version 1.3.2 and 1.3.0. They both are slightly different then what comes with PWA 0.91. Your PWA V.91 dates after the newest CS-S release that contains the PWA files(1.3.2) but the order_info.php files are different.

Try changing

if ( (!strstr($_SERVER['PHP_SELF'],'login.php')) and (!strstr($_SERVER['PHP_SELF'],'create_account.php')) and !tep_session_is_registered('customer_id') ) {
?>

to this:

// WebMakers.com Added: Do not show if on login or create account or PWA
if ( (!strstr($_SERVER['PHP_SELF'],'login.php')) and (!strstr($_SERVER['PHP_SELF'],'create_account.php')) and (!tep_session_is_registered('customer_id')) or (!tep_session_is_registered('noaccount')) ) {
?>

Stew-

tried that. Didnt do anything that I noticed. I can add an additional section to that code like:

and (!strstr($_SERVER['PHP_SELF'],'order_info.php'))

as I did to keep the login box off the new order_info page. As soon as you go past this page though the box shows again. I also tried adding a seperate section of code:

<?php
// WebMakers.com Added: Do not show if PWA
if ( (!tep_session_is_registered('noaccount')) ) {
?>

This causes the loginbox to never show.

I can have the

or (!tep_session_is_registered('noaccount'))

section in or out of the code in your post and it doesnt seem to make a difference.

Any ideas?

Edited by Sid04

Stew-

tried that. Didnt do anything that I noticed. I can add an additional section to that code like:

and (!strstr($_SERVER['PHP_SELF'],'order_info.php'))

as I did to keep the login box off the new order_info page. As soon as you go past this page though the box shows again. I also tried adding a seperate section of code:

<?php
// WebMakers.com Added: Do not show if PWA
if ( (!tep_session_is_registered('noaccount')) ) {
?>

This causes the loginbox to never show.

I can have the

or (!tep_session_is_registered('noaccount'))

section in or out of the code in your post and it doesnt seem to make a difference.

Any ideas?

<?php

} else {

if ((tep_session_is_registered('customer_id')) and (!tep_session_is_registered('noaccount'))){

?>

Treasurer MFC

<?php

} else {

if ((tep_session_is_registered('customer_id')) and (!tep_session_is_registered('noaccount'))){

?>

im assuming that goes after the other code:

<?php
if ( (!strstr($_SERVER['PHP_SELF'],'login.php')) and (!strstr($_SERVER['PHP_SELF'],'create_account.php')) and (!strstr($_SERVER['PHP_SELF'],'order_info.php')) and !tep_session_is_registered('customer_id') ) {
?>

ill try it out, thanks :thumbsup:

Edited by Sid04

Should that totally replace:

<?php
/*
 osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
 http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright (c) 2002 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

Autologin added by DJ Downey http://www.liquidgfx.com

*/

if ( (!strstr($_SERVER['PHP_SELF'],'login.php')) and (!strstr($_SERVER['PHP_SELF'],'create_account.php')) and (!strstr($_SERVER['PHP_SELF'],'order_info.php')) and !tep_session_is_registered('customer_id') ) {
?>

...or be added after it? Thanks :thumbsup:

it replaces:

<?php

} else {

?>

Treasurer MFC

it replaces:

<?php

} else {

?>

to explain:

no signin :

(tep_session_is_registered('customer_id')) = false

(tep_session_is_registered('noaccount')) = false

registered signin:

(tep_session_is_registered('customer_id')) = true

(tep_session_is_registered('noaccount')) = false

pwa signin:

(tep_session_is_registered('customer_id')) = true

(tep_session_is_registered('noaccount')) = true

Treasurer MFC

Thanks, that may have done the job....ill further test it.

First....would you do anything with the first section of code that we were disussing? Heres the stock section of code:

if ( (!strstr($_SERVER['PHP_SELF'],'login.php')) and (!strstr($_SERVER['PHP_SELF'],'create_account.php')) and !tep_session_is_registered('customer_id') )  {
?>
<!-- loginbox //-->
<?php

thanks again

maybe I spoke too soon. It seemed to work...when I went through and did a PWA checkout the loginbox disappeared as it should and stayed off.

BUT...when I closed the browser window and abandoned the cart....when I come back to the cart im still at the same place, and I cant log into a regualr account if I like or logoff and erase teh transaction to start all over. Also, if I type in the URL to the login.php page and login, the loginbox doesnt display either.

I've installed PWA 1.0.2 and I do not see any difference when I checkout. When I checkout I get two options Continue which brings me to My Account Information and sign in. I've double checked all of my files with the contribution instructions and everything is there. I have the following other contributions installed Country-state selector, categoriesFrontPage2-3c, PageHeaders_1_2.zip, popup_image_1_2_3_4_5_6.zip, Meta Tags v3.0a, MinOrderQuantity, option_type_feature_v1.71.

Does anyone know what I might have missed or if one of these other contributions might be in conflict?

Thank You for any help you can give.

Could someone help me out with PWA 1.0.2?

Sonia,

is there a way to 'abandon' the cart? Im trying to do some testing but when I do the PWA checkout and dont complete the checkout and close the window.....everytime I go back to the site it keeps my cart contents and if I would want to login to a existing account it wont let me.

So is there a way to 'cancel' the PWA checkout when halfway through, basically reset the cart?

is there a way to 'abandon' the cart? Im trying to do some testing but when I do the PWA checkout and dont complete the checkout and close the window.....everytime I go back to the site it keeps my cart contents and if I would want to login to a existing account it wont let me.

So is there a way to 'cancel' the PWA checkout when halfway through, basically reset the cart?

you need to logoff or signoff

Treasurer MFC

<?php

} else {

?>

Replace 'and' with '&&' and that was the winning ticket(or so it seems so far). I used the PWA changes made to header.php to figure that one out.....and it only took me a full day! :-"

Anywho.....anybody know how to add a border line around the different sections on login.php?

Also, im thinking of making a "reset" button for PWA customers....would just be the logoff link but renamed. Would there be any downside to this that you know of? If the customer starts doing PWA and for some reason wants to then register for an account....or if they leave and come back later and dont want all the old cart contents in their cart, it might be nice to have a quick option for them to reset everything. Any thoughts?

Thanks everybody :thumbsup:

Something else im wondering:

If a customer chooses PWA, fills out the order_info page but uses an email that already exists for a customer account, the 'ENTRY_EMAIL_ADDRESS_ERROR_EXISTS' error from english.php is being displayed at the top of the screen.

Shouldnt 'PWA_FAIL_ACCOUNT_EXISTS' from the create_account english file be displayed? If not, under what instance will 'PWA_FAIL_ACCOUNT_EXISTS' display?

before the one major code change in the login.php file, I had to change

<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">

To:

<td><table border="0" width="100%" height="100%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0" class="infoBox">

...to get the borders around the boxes on login.php to show up. Why?

Also, should I change all of the other "<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">" lines in login.php as well?

Edited by Sid04

why am i getting this error

Below it the error I get when I fill in my customer info and press checkout :

1264 - Out of range value adjusted for column 'address_book_id' at row 1

insert into address_book (customers_id, address_book_id, entry_firstname, entry_lastname, entry_street_address, entry_postcode, entry_city, entry_country_id, entry_gender, entry_company, entry_suburb, entry_zone_id, entry_state) values ('38', '', 'bob', 'hope', '1599 house st', '91206', 'glendale', '223', 'm', '', '', '12', '')

Also when I go into the Admin/customers/ I see the account that I created, but I don?t see account created date and I also see the error below:

Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #1 is not an array in D:\Web Sites\sitename\admin\customers.php on line 733

Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #2 is not an array in D:\Web Sites\sitename\admin\customers.php on line 733

Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #2 is not an array in D:\Web Sites\sitename\admin\customers.php on line 735

Warning: reset() [function.reset]: Passed variable is not an array or object in D:\Web Sites\sitename\admin\includes\classes\object_info.php on line 17

Warning: Variable passed to each() is not an array or object in D:\Web Sites\sitename\admin\includes\classes\object_info.php on line 18