• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Purchase Without Account Updated & Admin Functionality

This is an update to the purchase without an account add on. This update adds functionality to toggle this feature on/off via the admin panel, as well as fixing a password error in MS1. See the readme for this bugfix, not implemeted in the files for compatability with older versions.

You can see this in action in my test area at

http://www.mainframes.co.uk/test/default.php

cheers

barry

Hi. I tried your store and it does not supress the welcome e-mail which states the cart functions and member privileges. Is there any way we can do it?

Thank you in advance.

By the way what is the discount system you are using in your test site??

the discount system is a stripped down version of linda's quantity controller 5.1

to supress the welcome email you could try the following;

open catalog/Order_Info_Process.php and comment out these 2 lines near the end of the file.

$email_text .= EMAIL_WELCOME . EMAIL_TEXT . EMAIL_CONTACT . EMAIL_WARNING;

tep_mail($name, $email_address, EMAIL_SUBJECT, nl2br($email_text), STORE_OWNER, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS, '');

i have done this change myself if you want to test it.

I have just deleted all the accounts.

cheers

barry

Sorry Newbie question,  but in addition to adding the files, are the additional edits in the Read me file necessary or are those already in the uploaded  files?

if you don't follw the readme file then the mod won't work.

cheers

barry

I've been working for too long today I think. Of course I now realise (you foooool) that the whole point of this contrib is that it allows a non registered person (visitor) to proceed to checkout without automatically forcing him/her to create an account

:oops:

looks good

That is exactly what it is ...its the only difference

It's just that some people dont like to register but you still need the info for billing and shipping

Barry, thanks for the update to the contribution. I feel the following enhancement needs to be added to ./catalog/checkout_success.php:

Where the page is redirected to default.php after the customer clicks on "continue":

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, $notify_string, 'SSL'));

Replace with:

// Added a check for a Guest checkout and cleared the session - 030411

if (tep_session_is_registered('noaccount')) {

tep_session_destroy();

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, '', 'NONSSL'));

}

else {

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, $notify_string, ?SSL?));

}

Best Regards -- Tim

New version of this mod available here;

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,355

what is does

------------------------

Minor functionality update automatically kills the session when the continue button in checkout_success only if the customer has chosed the purchase without account option.

credit to tim pope for this addition.

------------------------

cheers

barry

Hi;

The ReadME.txt says

To Install:

Copy the files as they occur in their appropriate directories, be sure to backup your originals first in case you don't like it, or more likely I missed something, better to be on the safe side.

/catalog/login.php

/catalog/Order_Info.php

/catalog/Order_Info_Process.php

/catalog/Order_Info_Check.php

/catalog/includes/login_pwa.php

/catalog/includes/login_acc.php

/catalog/includes/modules/Order_Info_Process.php

/catalog/includes/modules/Order_Info_Check.php

/catalog/includes/modules/languages/english/login.php

/catalog/includes/modules/languages/english/images/buttons/button_create_account.gif

But the .zip I downloaded does not include /catalog/includes/modules/langauges/english/login.php

Do I have a corrupt .zip? Or should I use the /catalog/login.php for this file? Everything was working fine under v.0.56 for me; I installed v.0.58 and the new admin tool works which is nice but now accounts and checkout is broken (blank screen in both cases). I'm hoping this is just a missing /catalog/includes/modules/languages/english/login.php issue but please help if you have any ideas.

Thanks,

Ben

I have Netscape 4.79 loaded to test with. When I click the button "Proceed Directly to Checkout" I am getting blank screen. I think I installed everything correctly. It works with Internet Explorer. Is it just me?

try to post a url, as that sometimes helps.

btyner had the same problem, he has since went back a version and now doesn't have any problems.

Unless some of the more experienced php guru's in here can come up with any other suggestions then it might be better if you did the same.

cheers

barry

Well, both the main page and subsequent checkout have the following message in the upper right:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_STRING in /usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/mainframes.co.uk/httpdocs/test/includes/boxes/best_sellers.php on line 23

But the functionality is all there. Though the lower portion of the righthand box is filled in with blue. This also happens on my site if someone's window is too small or if they are at 800x600 or less. This may be endemic to the default OSC checkout as well.[/img]

I should add that techically I'm using Mozilla 1.3 (Gecko/20030312) though if it works in Mozilla it should work in the more recent versions of Netscape.

Another thing, you suggest changing $password to something other than '' in Order_Info_Process.php. Tell me, is it any of these lines or a different one entirely?

$password = tep_db_prepare_input('');

$pass_ok = tep_validate_password('', $check_customer['customers_password']);

setcookie('password', '');

Also, should I make the changes in /catalog/Order_Info_Process.php or in /catalog/includes/modules/Order_Info_Process.php (or both?).

Thanks,

Ben