• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Purchase Without Account Updated & Admin Functionality

Hello. I was hoping someone here could steer me in the direction of using PWA with CCGV. I see some people have done it. I have both installed and both work, but to purchase a gift voucher one needs an account, I believe. I want to offer gift vouchers to those without accounts.....

Thank you

Todd

Thanks Matrix. Will do. BTW, I came across a solution for those that have or will havethe same question. PWA puts a !! before the orders in the admin that were purchased via PWA. So you just have to watch out for those and manually create and send a gift voucher, not such a big deal for now. As it seems ccgv doesn't automatically create a voucher for orders via PWA.

Later

Todd

Hi,

I have installed this contribution, and get the following error after clicking "Continue Checkout Procedure

to select the preferred payment method." If it helps, I noticed that the shipping address doesn't actually show up on that page.

Warning: Missing argument 1 for order() in /home/mysite/public_html/includes/classes/order.php on line 16

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/mysite/public_html/includes/classes/order.php:16) in /home/mysite/public_html/includes/functions/general.php on line 33

It would be great if someone could give me a heads up as to what has gone wrong. Something isn't getting thrown into the order function... I'm not sure what though. Only other contribution I have installed is a template one.

I'll be very grateful if someone can help me along! I'm just getting to grips with oscommerce now. If you need any more info, let me know.

Searching this thread I found

this post

It sounds just like my problem.

When you click ?checkout? from the shopping cart it takes you to https

If you?re already logged in there are no warnings just https through to paypal, no padlock (or eyeball) displayed.

https://www.fdsons.com/catalog/login.php

If you?re not logged in you go from the shopping cart page to the login under https but when you hit the ?sign in? button you get the warning ?..redirected to ?not secure?might be retransmitted??

the page:

http://www.fdsons.com/catalog/checkout_shipping.php

is obviously not under ssl but hit ?continue? from there and you?re back to;

https://www.fdsons.com/catalog/checkout_payment.php

and everything works under ssl through to paypal.

We installed a contribution named Store Pickup v1.4

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,164

which I have disabled, but that makes no difference.

That led me here to another contribution we're running "Purchase Without Account". Unfortunately, I'm not that certain which version I downloaded & installed (it's .71 or later).

I haven't found any uninstall instructions for this contrib, can anyone help me with that? It looks easy enough to change back to unaltered files & delete (or rename) other files associated with this but what about the changes to the database?

At this point all I want to do is get my ssl working, I can come back to this at a later time unless someone knows how TFO

fixed his problem, or what I can do to fix mine.

Thanks in advance

Joe

Footnote; my post in tips & tricks did help me find out I can get a padlock displayed if only for a second or two;

I changed application_top.php line to

$request_type = (getenv('SERVER_PORT') == '80') ? 'SSL' : 'NONSSL';

Now it shows both https & the padlock while you're getting the "not secure" error messages, two for each page, none for checkout_shipping.php

Hello every one,

I have a question. I am here because I am in need of the ability for my customers to checkout without account. I am looking into this contribution and the Guest Account v 2.0. Can some one please explain or at least hint what the diferences are? And pros and cons of one over another. Or are they prety much the same? What are the differences as far as code logic and comatibilty with other popular contributions? Which is known to have more issues? Which gets more support?

Thank you for your time.

Arkadu.

People dont change, people realize.

I appologize for posting this somewhat unrelated question again, but I am getting no responce in the CCGV forum. I am tweeking CCGV to work with PWA. My question is PWA related though.

Is there any apparent problem with PWA creating a temp account with the customer id that is not 0? Maybe even insert it into the database to 'hold' it's position, then delete it after checkout.

TIA,

Todd

I appologize for posting this somewhat unrelated question again, but I am getting no responce in the CCGV forum. I am tweeking CCGV to work with PWA. My question is PWA related though.

Is there any apparent problem with PWA creating a temp account with the customer id that is not 0? Maybe even insert it into the database to 'hold' it's position, then delete it after checkout.

TIA,

Todd

pwa customers do not have a 0 customer id, they get a regular one in line just like everybody else.

Treasurer MFC

pwa customers do not have a 0 customer id, they get a regular one in line just like everybody else.

HMMM... I see where I think it is adding the customer_id in create account. No wonder noone seems to know what I am asking. Uh..can you think of any reasons the customer_id would get assinged 0? I 'disabled' ccgv by inserting some if-else statements using customer_id 0 as the variable, and it works. So I believe I have something wrong. If you are correct about customer_id my problem will be cut in half.

Any general starting points would be cool.

Thanks again boxtel. I believe you have helped me in the past and you also seem to be quite a driving force as i see your posts quite often

TIA (again),

Todd

boxtel,

I think PWA is setting customer_id to 0. here is a snip of code from about line 209 from catalog/create account. Isn't PWA setting customer id to 0 if PURCHASE_WITHOUT_ACCOUNT == 'yes'? if not setting it to $customer_id = tep_db_insert_id();? I am probably mistaken. Any comments? Thank you. Todd

if (ACCOUNT_GENDER == 'true') $sql_data_array['customers_gender'] = $gender;

if (ACCOUNT_DOB == 'true') $sql_data_array['customers_dob'] = tep_date_raw($dob);

// Ingo PWA Beginn

if ((isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['guest'])) or (isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['guest'])) && (defined('PURCHASE_WITHOUT_ACCOUNT') && (PURCHASE_WITHOUT_ACCOUNT == 'ja' || PURCHASE_WITHOUT_ACCOUNT == 'yes'))) {

$pwa_array_customer = $sql_data_array;

$customer_id = 0;

tep_session_register('pwa_array_customer');

} else {

// Ingo PWA Ende

tep_db_perform(TABLE_CUSTOMERS, $sql_data_array);

$customer_id = tep_db_insert_id();

boxtel,

I think PWA is setting customer_id to 0. here is a snip of code from about line 209 from catalog/create account. Isn't PWA setting customer id to 0 if PURCHASE_WITHOUT_ACCOUNT == 'yes'? if not setting it to $customer_id = tep_db_insert_id();? I am probably mistaken. Any comments? Thank you. Todd

if (ACCOUNT_GENDER == 'true') $sql_data_array['customers_gender'] = $gender;

if (ACCOUNT_DOB == 'true') $sql_data_array['customers_dob'] = tep_date_raw($dob);

// Ingo PWA Beginn

if ((isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['guest'])) or (isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['guest'])) && (defined('PURCHASE_WITHOUT_ACCOUNT') && (PURCHASE_WITHOUT_ACCOUNT == 'ja' || PURCHASE_WITHOUT_ACCOUNT == 'yes'))) {

$pwa_array_customer = $sql_data_array;

$customer_id = 0;

tep_session_register('pwa_array_customer');

} else {

// Ingo PWA Ende

tep_db_perform(TABLE_CUSTOMERS, $sql_data_array);

$customer_id = tep_db_insert_id();

I see you are running pwa from version 1.0.2.

That version does no entries in the database for pwa customers accounts, nice but it could very well be that other contributions (incl CCGV) require that for their process if only temporary.

Ofcourse if those contributions require that that customer account information is always present then they are not compatible with any pwa scheme.

Maybe certain contributions are linked to the customer id in the orders table and those are always present for pwa customers as well. But if you put all those customers on an id of 0 then it is difficult to keep them apart.

So personally I am in favor of always assigning a unique customer id to ALL customers even if they have no account information.

Take for instance true also purchased, if all pwa customers have the same customerid in the orders tables, they would become the same customer and sooner or later everything is also purchased.

Treasurer MFC

I see you are running pwa from version 1.0.2.

That version does no entries in the database for pwa customers accounts, nice but it could very well be that other contributions (incl CCGV) require that for their process if only temporary.

Ofcourse if those contributions require that that customer account information is always present then they are not compatible with any pwa scheme.

Maybe certain contributions are linked to the customer id in the orders table and those are always present for pwa customers as well. But if you put all those customers on an id of 0 then it is difficult to keep them apart.

So personally I am in favor of always assigning a unique customer id to ALL customers even if they have no account information.

Take for instance true also purchased, if all pwa customers have the same customerid in the orders tables, they would become the same customer and sooner or later everything is also purchased.

Boxtel,

That is almost exactly my problem. All PWA customers have access to all gift certs for every PWA customer. Is very difficult to tell them apart. Soooooooo...what pwa version does assign customers an id? Cause that's what i need to do....at least that's where it looks like I need to start.

Thanks

Todd

Boxtel,

That is almost exactly my problem. All PWA customers have access to all gift certs for every PWA customer. Is very difficult to tell them apart. Soooooooo...what pwa version does assign customers an id? Cause that's what i need to do....at least that's where it looks like I need to start.

Thanks

Todd

well, the versions before 1.0.2 basically do that, they record the customer as any normal customer but with an extra field which tells you that it is a pwa account.

It also registers a session value which lets you know you are currently dealing with a pwa customer.

Based on that variable you enable/disable functionality as yours is doing now based on customer is = 0.

Then at the end, the account records are physically deleted but the order records have a unique customer id.

So you could say it is more of a hack than your version but as long as PWA is not part of the normal osc structure and as such there are contributions out there that are written without PWA in mind, I still consider this the most viable option.

Treasurer MFC

well, the versions before 1.0.2 basically do that, they record the customer as any normal customer but with an extra field which tells you that it is a pwa account.

It also registers a session value which lets you know you are currently dealing with a pwa customer.

Based on that variable you enable/disable functionality as yours is doing now based on customer is = 0.

Then at the end, the account records are physically deleted but the order records have a unique customer id.

So you could say it is more of a hack than your version but as long as PWA is not part of the normal osc structure and as such there are contributions out there that are written without PWA in mind, I still consider this the most viable option.

boxtel.

thank you very much for the info. I have just a couple of more questions based on your advice. in your opinion, what are going to be the drawbacks of regressing to PWA 1.0.2 from the current version? Am I going to lose any functionality that I may miss?

From what you have said so far I think I need to go back to earlier versions, so an account is physically created then deleted at checkout.

Thanks again,

Todd

boxtel.

thank you very much for the info. I have just a couple of more questions based on your advice. in your opinion, what are going to be the drawbacks of regressing to PWA 1.0.2 from the current version? Am I going to lose any functionality that I may miss?

From what you have said so far I think I need to go back to earlier versions, so an account is physically created then deleted at checkout.

Thanks again,

Todd

functionality is the same, the only difference is where you keep the account info while the pwa customer is online. In your version it is kept in the session and in the older versions it is kept in the database. Since the database issues new customer id's, the older versions have such a unique id whereas your version does not.

Treasurer MFC

For the situation I think Fast Easy Checkout would do you justice.

Why I say this:

1)Faster checkout obviously

2)PWA is already intergrated into it

3)CCGV support

4)PWA does not work with all contribs (unless your are a good programmer getting PWA to work you will spend a lot more time pulling your hair out)

Please dont get me wrong PWA is a good contrib. I have used both PWA and FEC. I just think that FEC is more logical than PWA do to the ease of adding more contribs that work with it.

For example:

How did you hear about us, does not work with PWA;

Im not saying you should not use PWA Im just saying that FEC is an alternitive to your solution. PWA is good depending on what you plan on doing to your site as a whole and later on down the road.

Eric

I downloade the latest PWA package and went thru comparing and updating all the files to my site. But I did not notice any changes to my site. Everything seems to stay the same as before, as if PWA is not there. It is still requireing customer to create an account. Is there an on/off switch or codes I need to change?

My site is www.pewterdecor.com.

Thank you!

Why I say this:

3)CCGV support

4)PWA does not work with all contribs (unless your are a good programmer getting PWA to work you will spend a lot more time pulling your hair out)

Please dont get me wrong PWA is a good contrib. I have used both PWA and FEC. I just think that FEC is more logical than PWA do to the ease of adding more contribs that work with it.

For example:

Im not saying you should not use PWA Im just saying that FEC is an alternitive to your solution. PWA is good depending on what you plan on doing to your site as a whole and later on down the road.

Eric

well, you have to be carefull when making unsubstanciated assessments here.

1)faster obviously : obviously based on what?

2)PWA is already intergrated into it : so that means for point 4?

3)CCGV support : meaning Wow?

4)PWA does not work with all contribs : this is a non issue as many contribs do not work with all contribs.

Treasurer MFC

I downloade the latest PWA package and went thru comparing and updating all the files to my site. But I did not notice any changes to my site. Everything seems to stay the same as before, as if PWA is not there. It is still requireing customer to create an account. Is there an on/off switch or codes I need to change?

My site is www.pewterdecor.com.

Thank you!

I had modification for Order_editors contrib, does PWA work with Order_editors?

Why I say this:

3)CCGV support

For example:

Eric

Matrixx,

I will definiately check it out. I have already been pulling my hair out, I installed both months ago and have done alot of mods since. I really like CCGV and PWA but as I continue on with business PWA almost seems like I could have done without it, all the same info needs to be inputted anyhow. Reguardless, I am ging now to look at FEC.

THANK YOU MATRIXX AND BOXTEL for your guidance. Alot of us, if not most, would not be able to mod our sites without your help. Props!

Thank you till next time,

Todd

Matrixx,

I will definiately check it out. I have already been pulling my hair out, I installed both months ago and have done alot of mods since. I really like CCGV and PWA but as I continue on with business PWA almost seems like I could have done without it, all the same info needs to be inputted anyhow. Reguardless, I am ging now to look at FEC.

THANK YOU MATRIXX AND BOXTEL for your guidance. Alot of us, if not most, would not be able to mod our sites without your help. Props!

Thank you till next time,

Todd

OOps I missed boxtels previous post. Good points. I thing any way I decide to go will require some hair pulling. So far CCGV is a royal pain plagued with multiple minor issues. Don't missunderstand mor or less is it a fantastic contrib. I like PWA too, even though it doessn't really save time or anything, it will save a bit of database space, but more importantly I think, gives the customers a choice to not create an account. So I guess I am going to mull it over a while and try to merge the two. Now that boxtel has shown me that earlier versions of PWA do create an account id and then delete it I think most of the work is almost done

Todd

Todd

hi Boxtel,

I too have installed a more recent version of PWA and then found that customer_id is set to 0 on the orders file for all PWA orders. I want to get to a PWA solution that sets a unique customer_id for PWA orders as well as account holder orders. You suggest going to a version prior to 1.0.2 - could you confirm that you mean version 0.910 of December 2005?

Also - since I installed PWA as the first contribution of many, I'm a little nervous about trying to regress the PWA contribution back to 0.910. Any thoughts on how to simply change the more recent PWA to generate unique customer_ids on the order form (without breaking anything else!).

Many thanks in advance,

A