• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Purchase Without Account Updated & Admin Functionality

hey, if you guys can't help me with my problem could you at least acknowledge that you read it and have no idea what's wrong?

I'm completely stumped, I know the problem is in PWA whenever I click checkout it keeps giving me a different Session ID thus erasing my shopping cart. And I have no idea how to fix it.

-K

hey, if you guys can't help me with my problem could you at least acknowledge that you read it and have no idea what's wrong?

I'm completely stumped, I know the problem is in PWA whenever I click checkout it keeps giving me a different Session ID thus erasing my shopping cart. And I have no idea how to fix it.

-K

Do not know.

In admin, do you have

Sessions

Session Directory /tmp

Force Cookie Use False

Check SSL Session ID True

Check User Agent False

Check IP Address False

Prevent Spider Sessions True

Recreate Session True <----------------------

Sessions from Admin :

Session Directory /tmp/

Force Cookie Use False

Check SSL Session ID False

Check User Agent False

Check IP Address False

Recreate Session False

-K

Sessions from Admin :

Session Directory /tmp/

Force Cookie Use False

Check SSL Session ID False

Check User Agent False

Check IP Address False

Recreate Session False

-K

What I posted is what I have and my PWA works.

Recreate Session

Recreate the session to generate a new session ID when the customer logs on or creates an account (PHP >=4.1 needed).

Still, I am only guessing.

What I posted is what I have and my PWA works.

Recreate Session

Recreate the session to generate a new session ID when the customer logs on or creates an account (PHP >=4.1 needed).

Still, I am only guessing.

No, still doesn't work.

A new session ID is created each time I go to checkout from the shopping cart. Then with the new session ID it runs me through the PWA process all over again. Maybe this is a session ID issue as opposed to a pwa issue. Though I've asked outside this thread too.

No, still doesn't work.

A new session ID is created each time I go to checkout from the shopping cart. Then with the new session ID it runs me through the PWA process all over again. Maybe this is a session ID issue as opposed to a pwa issue. Though I've asked outside this thread too.

Is it working when you add to cart and then create an account?

I thought PWA doesn't let you create an account. Because, if it does, it's just sitting there not letting me.

-K

You should have the option of creating an account, or log in, or proceed directly to checkout.

You can have a look at coopco.com.au/catalog if you like.

You should have the option of creating an account, or log in, or proceed directly to checkout.

You can have a look at coopco.com.au/catalog if you like.

I'm using PWA 1.1. The earlier versions apparently let you do that, this one doesn't. In the instructions :

The customer can checkout without create an account. It means, the custommer has no password and can not reloggin.

No entry in the table customers will be written.

No changes on the tableslayout of customers or orders are required.

This contribution is no compatible with versions before (0.x) where not made by me!

If I have made a error on transfer in this textfile, please contact me:

http://forums.oscommerce.de/index.php?showuser=36

I'm really getting fed up with this thing. I'm about to try fast easy checkout and just say scratch this.

-K

I'm using PWA 1.1. The earlier versions apparently let you do that, this one doesn't. In the instructions :

The customer can checkout without create an account. It means, the custommer has no password and can not reloggin.

No entry in the table customers will be written.

No changes on the tableslayout of customers or orders are required.

This contribution is no compatible with versions before (0.x) where not made by me!

I'm really getting fed up with this thing. I'm about to try fast easy checkout and just say scratch this.

-K

I think that it is only talking about a PWA client.

"If a customers use this kind of purchase, he will become a regular email to certify, that you have receive his order,

containing a link to a account. It's not a problem. First no account is linked with this order, second he can't

logg in, because he haven't a account, third can he read on the login-page, that he not can use all options of our shop.

If you want delete this Link from the email, use the changes in checkout_process.php, but that are NOT required!

If more than one change to be made in the same file, we begin at the last. So you can better find the next numbered line.

The linenumbers are based upon unchanged milestone 2 update 11/2005. If you already have made changes in this files, you must search.

Please compare with the original files."

Maybe send the author a PM to clarify.

u must have fixed it I didnt see anything wrong

Hello, Eric!

No, I haven't fixed it . :( You have to try and put in your details on the first page, and then when you click continue, the LOG OFF button shows up...

Another thing: when you choose to purchase without account, at the top of the first page (the one with the details male, female, name etc) it's written: MY ACCOUNT INFORMATION... but this is not an account :(

Any help is very appreciated. I really need to fix this problem :(

hugs,

Simone

Is this hapening when you are a current customer or when a person uses PWA?

When a customer goes through checkout the MY ACCOUNT page will still show this is so you can gather their shipping info and so on. If you would like you could change the text to something of your likings to let customers know that this is just for the transaction

Such as Where it says MY ACCOUNT you can change it to something like My Account/ Shipping info.

Hope this helps

Hi! :)

Thank you, Eric, for your answer.

It only happens when a person tries to pay without creating an account. I think I can change that text to read Shipping info and payment info or something like that. The problem is that the LOG OFF button is still there from the moment they have filled in their details and clicked continue till the end... and also, it greets them (Welcome back, Maria!????? for eg.) if they continue shopping. :( I really don't want to uninstall PWA. :(

Any suggestions are more than appreciated. Thank you for your time and kind support!

Simone

PWA is a great contrib and I use it myself My Webpage

Be advised on how you change the text for at the same time you will be changing the text for customers who wish to create an account with you. You could go to the create_account.php and put something like

}else{

if account= "0" include SHIPPING_TEXT

or something of this nature Im not a programer so PLZ dont use this code this was just an example if I toyed with it for a little while I could figure it out.

As far as the "Welcome Back Marie" goes this is absolutely normal for you and everyone else. The customer did not create an account and when a customer goes directly back to your store after checkout he/she will recieve the "Welcome BacK" message.

For the logoff button their shouldnt be one there with the files that I had placed in the contrib there was no log off button. Look through your pages ie checkout_shipping.php file down around the bottom before < end body text> and if its there simply comment it out or deleted it all to gether. They can also logout in the top nav bar just like if they logged in.

I hope this helps in a little more if not I will help you as much as I can.

PWA is a great contrib and I use it myself My Webpage

Be advised on how you change the text for at the same time you will be changing the text for customers who wish to create an account with you. You could go to the create_account.php and put something like

}else{

if account= "0" include SHIPPING_TEXT

or something of this nature Im not a programer so PLZ dont use this code this was just an example if I toyed with it for a little while I could figure it out.

As far as the "Welcome Back Marie" goes this is absolutely normal for you and everyone else. The customer did not create an account and when a customer goes directly back to your store after checkout he/she will recieve the "Welcome BacK" message.

For the logoff button their shouldnt be one there with the files that I had placed in the contrib there was no log off button. Look through your pages ie checkout_shipping.php file down around the bottom before < end body text> and if its there simply comment it out or deleted it all to gether. They can also logout in the top nav bar just like if they logged in.

I hope this helps in a little more if not I will help you as much as I can.

Hello, Eric!

and thank you for your reply! :)

I had a look at your website and you have the same log off button... :(

This problem with the LOG OFF button was brought to my attention by one of my customers who said that she didn't have an account... so why should she log off?! Anyway, I am in a hurry now, but I will check my codes again on Monday.

Thank you for your kind support!

Simone

I think I know what you are reffering to know. At the top where the bread crumbs are on the right side. It shows the logoff this is normal the reason for this is so if a customer wants to finish shopping later then whatever they had in there cart will still be there. Also this is for the session id.

Hope this helps.

The problem is that the LOG OFF button is still there from the moment they have filled in their details and clicked continue till the end

HAHA...I guess you can't please everyone...I was complaining after I installed it that there wasn't a logoff button. :P

Cathi

Hi

I have PWA installed but for some reason it doesn't work each time you click on checkout to purchase without an account you fill in all the details but it just produces an error and sends you back to the previous screen.

The site is www.nd-ink.co.uk (please note the site is not live yet)

Nick

Please Help..........

I just install PWA 0.910, everything works perfectly, but in the last step of check out process, after confirmed order, I got this message.

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'where orders_id = '4'' at line 1

insert into orders (purchased_without_account) values ('1') where orders_id = '4'

[TEP STOP]

Any idea?

thanks

I just installed this contrib and it works great!

One thing my client wants is for when the user clicks on "checkout" at any time, he wants them to go directly to "order_info.php" regardless if they have an account or not.

how do i accomplish this?

site is www.toomuchmetal.com

Please Help..........

I just install PWA 0.910, everything works perfectly, but in the last step of check out process, after confirmed order, I got this message.

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'where orders_id = '4'' at line 1

insert into orders (purchased_without_account) values ('1') where orders_id = '4'

[TEP STOP]

Any idea?

thanks

You could try, in checkout_success.php at around

// PWA: Added a check for a Guest checkout and cleared the session - 030411 v0.71

if (tep_session_is_registered('noaccount')) {

$order_update = array('purchased_without_account' => '1');

tep_db_perform(TABLE_ORDERS, $order_update, 'update', "orders_id = '".$orders['orders_id']."'");

// tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_ORDERS . " (purchased_without_account) values ('1') where orders_id = '" . (int)$orders['orders_id'] . "'");

tep_db_query("delete from " . TABLE_ADDRESS_BOOK . " where customers_id = '" . tep_db_input($customer_id) . "'");

tep_db_query("delete from " . TABLE_CUSTOMERS . " where customers_id = '" . tep_db_input($customer_id) . "'");

tep_db_query("delete from " . TABLE_CUSTOMERS_INFO . " where customers_info_id = '" . tep_db_input($customer_id) . "'");

tep_db_query("delete from " . TABLE_CUSTOMERS_BASKET . " where customers_id = '" . tep_db_input($customer_id) . "'");

tep_db_query("delete from " . TABLE_CUSTOMERS_BASKET_ATTRIBUTES . " where customers_id = '" . tep_db_input($customer_id) . "'");

tep_db_query("delete from " . TABLE_WHOS_ONLINE . " where customer_id = '" . tep_db_input($customer_id) . "'");

tep_session_destroy();

}

//end PWA

notice the line that is commented out

// tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_ORDERS . " (purchased_without_account) values ('1') where orders_id = '" . (int)$orders['orders_id'] . "'");

Is yours commented out?