• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Purchase Without Account Updated & Admin Functionality

Hi all,

I've installed this for the second time, as i had problems with it a while back, and i sill seem to be having problems...it's more than likely something i have done but thought i would ask...

Basically, when i alter catalog/login.php i end up with a big gap at the top of the page (underneath Welcome, Please Sign In) before the options start, whether i have enabled PWA or not?

Secondly, is there an easy way to change the layout, from the option being on top of each other to maybe being side by side. I think i have seen this question elsewhere, but no matter what i search on i can't seem to find anything?

Any suggestions?

Best Regards

Donna

Basically, when i alter catalog/login.php i end up with a big gap at the top of the page (underneath Welcome, Please Sign In) before the options start, whether i have enabled PWA or not?

I forgot to mention that it also pushes my store completely out of alignment...it off centres the breadcrumb navigation at the bottom (i use breadcrumb at the top and bottom).

Best Regards

Donna

I forgot to mention that it also pushes my store completely out of alignment...it off centres the breadcrumb navigation at the bottom (i use breadcrumb at the top and bottom).

Best Regards

Donna

Hmm...ok i managed to sort out my alignment error, there was some tags missing from the copy and paste code for the manual install....

Just need to look at the layout thing now..

Thanks

Donna

If you used 1.1.2b and if you havent moded the login.php just replace it with the file that was included and as far as being to wide it could be that the text in one of your colums is to big and or in the text in the page itself.

TO change the way it is layed out you have to play around with the tables

Hope this helps

Just an update for the folks reading this thread.

In lang./english/login.php there are 2 (two) "Like" so it reads "Like Like" in the define.

However you can change this to read whatever you would like it to read in any lang. you chose.

Eric

Just an update for the folks reading this thread.

In lang./english/login.php there are 2 (two) "Like" so it reads "Like Like" in the define.

However you can change this to read whatever you would like it to read in any lang. you chose.

Eric

It is in the line

define('TEXT_GUEST_INTRODUCTION', '<b>Do you want to go straight to the checkout process?</b><br><br>Would like like to check out without creating a customer account? Please note that all of our services will not be available to customers that do not wish to create an account. Also, you can not view the order status of your order, and each time you have to shop with us you will have to re-enter all of your data.<br><br>Bye creating an account is Free. If you still wish to continue to checkout please click the checkout button to your right.');

You can change it to something like

define('TEXT_GUEST_INTRODUCTION', '<b>Do you want to go straight to the checkout process?</b><br><br>Would like like to check out without creating an account with us? Please note that all of our services will not be available to you if you do not create an account. Also, you can not view the order status of your order, and each time you have to shop with us you will have to re-enter all of your delivery details.<br><br>It costs nothing to create an account with us, and we respect your right to privacy. If you still wish to continue to checkout please click the checkout button to your right.');

Hello All,

I am putting together a contrib that will incorperate PWA along with other contribs that the vast majority of people install along with PWA

Such as: How did you hear about us

MY Question to you Folks is what would you like to see added in this Ultimate PWA contrib Post you Replyies here or Personal message

My Goal with the new release is to help people cut time and be able to install this contrib with min. effort and also be able to use/not use any of the contribs that are along with it.

Thak you,

Eric

Hello All,

I am putting together a contrib that will incorperate PWA along with other contribs that the vast majority of people install along with PWA

Such as: How did you hear about us

MY Question to you Folks is what would you like to see added in this Ultimate PWA contrib Post you Replyies here or Personal message

My Goal with the new release is to help people cut time and be able to install this contrib with min. effort and also be able to use/not use any of the contribs that are along with it.

Thak you,

Eric

Hi Eric

If you do this, it would have to be the eighth wonder of the world. It is hard enough to get these various contribs working together on one site, without making it generic enough to be used on all site. One of the BIG questions is, which paypal contrib would you use?

Coopco,

I have played around with PP IPN and frankly I dont like it. Im sure it serves its purpose, but myself I use the paypal module that comes with osC for the simple fact that one its already there and two it hasnt let me down yet.

The thing I want to accomplish with this is the ability to add the top contribs people use and will use in their osC store. This way when someone downloads this contrib he/she can install these contribs in one shot instead of: Add this one then this one and o yeah this one too. And with the detailed documentation that will be included with it. If you chose not to use of of the contribs that is already in there. There will be info and or I will have it set up in the admin side to deactivate the one you choose not to.

The contribs that are on the top of the list now are:

How did you hear about us,

Active countries with state/region selector,

With this said if people dont want something like this I wont do it. No skin of my back. I only want to help people in the community out.

PLZ post any additions that anyone would like to have.

Thank you,

Eric

I installed PWA and it seems to be working fine, except for one thing.

I made a purchase, and now the site recognizes me as if I were logged in ("Welcome back, Cathi"). That wouldn't be a problem, except there are no login or logout links anywhere! :'(

How do I get these links to appear?

Cathi

Thanks for the quick response. I navigated away from the store, and when I came back to it, I was a "guest" again. :)

I was just worried that those customers who are paranoid about creating accounts might think they are logged in to my shop with no way of logging out. I guess I'll just wait and see what, if any, feedback I get.

Thanks for all the support that you give to this contribution! :thumbsup:

Cat

Hey guys, I have a bit of a problem

I installed PWA just fine and it went well but for some reason it can't remember session IDs.

I go to the store, add something to cart, checkout. I use the PWA option of just directly checking out and then it dumps me back at an empty shopping cart.

I figure this is a session issue so I track my session ID and everytime I go to checkout I get a new Session ID so everything in my cart disappears.

help?

-K

error page won?t show the country selector.

so, i tried searching this forum again, but it?s not working again - search for a topic, click on any result and you end up with the whole list of the topic instead of the actual answer.

my problem: when a user does something wrong at the PWA checkout he will see the errors listed at the top. but than the country selector box is gone and he can not choose a country. so if e.g. he forgets to choose a country he can not choose it on the error page either, because the drop down list is gone.

anybody experienced the same problem or has a solution for this?

error page won?t show the country selector.

so, i tried searching this forum again, but it?s not working again - search for a topic, click on any result and you end up with the whole list of the topic instead of the actual answer.

my problem: when a user does something wrong at the PWA checkout he will see the errors listed at the top. but than the country selector box is gone and he can not choose a country. so if e.g. he forgets to choose a country he can not choose it on the error page either, because the drop down list is gone.

anybody experienced the same problem or has a solution for this?

You could try the Country-State Selector contrib.

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...h,country+state

You could try the Country-State Selector contrib.

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...h,country+state

thanks for the reply. as much as I understand the contribution is integrated in PWA 9.1 - which i use, cause a update is quite complicated.

I even think, that the code from the country&state selector is the problem. someone must have run into the same problems, but i can not find an answer to this...

thanks for the reply. as much as I understand the contribution is integrated in PWA 9.1 - which i use, cause a update is quite complicated.

I even think, that the code from the country&state selector is the problem. someone must have run into the same problems, but i can not find an answer to this...

If country&state selector is installed, a country (the default for your shop) is always selected.

I think that only the code to integrate is included in PWA. You would need to download the contrib and go from there. The author provides great support.

I don't know what happened!!

I installed PWA and it was working perfectly. Today, I was browsing the store, and when you click on "checkout", you get a 404 error. I haven't changed anything since the last time I used PWA successfully.

Well, I did add a product, but I deleted it in case that was the problem, and it didn't help.

If I log-in, I can go to checkout just fine

I don't know the first place to start trouble-shooting this type of error. Can anyone help?

Cathi

If country&state selector is installed, a country (the default for your shop) is always selected.

I think that only the code to integrate is included in PWA. You would need to download the contrib and go from there. The author provides great support.

yes, i think that was the problem - i just commented out some stuff in the order_info.php and it?s working.

thanks for the support

I installed PWA and it was working perfectly. Today, I was browsing the store, and when you click on "checkout", you get a 404 error. I haven't changed anything since the last time I used PWA successfully.

OK, this is probably a clue in my address bar...

mysite.com/.....catalog/order_info.php

I overwrote the order_info.php file with the one from the contribution again. It didn't help. Where else can I look?

Cathi

Sorry to keep adding replies, my button to edit a post seems to have dissappeared??????????

I meant to say that in the address bar it shows:

mysite.com/.../catalog/FILENAME_ORDER_INFO?osCsid=65be5978fcc8105d59730a2a056d1a77

Cathi

yes, i think that was the problem - i just commented out some stuff in the order_info.php and it?s working.

thanks for the support

Wat did you comment it out with?

Hey guys, I have a bit of a problem

I installed PWA just fine and it went well but for some reason it can't remember session IDs.

I go to the store, add something to cart, checkout. I use the PWA option of just directly checking out and then it dumps me back at an empty shopping cart.

I figure this is a session issue so I track my session ID and everytime I go to checkout I get a new Session ID so everything in my cart disappears.

help?

-K

mysite.com/.../catalog/FILENAME_ORDER_INFO?osCsid=65be5978fcc8105d59730a2a056d1a77

OK, thanks anyway, I found it. It seems my DEFINES for PWA disappeared, so I put them back.

I don't remember doing anything, but they must have gotten overwritten with their backups somehow.

I've gotta stop burning the midnight oil!!!

Cathi

HI!

I have just installed Purchase without account by Ingo version 1.1.1 and everything seems to be fine with the exception of the LOG OFF button... after I fill in the form and click continue, the LOG OFF button shows up... it is as if I were logged in... the button is there till the end of the transaction... and even on the confirmation page... and then, if I continue shopping, it welcomes me mentioning my name... :(

I am sure that this problem has a simple fix... it's just I don't know how... did I skip anything during the installation?

Here is my webpage: Magic Senses

Any help is very appreciated! Thank you!