• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Purchase Without Account Updated & Admin Functionality

I have exactly the same requirement. Is there anyone who can answer the questions here.

I think Fast Easy Checkout can do what you're asking about.

Do, or do not. There is no try.

Order Editor 5.0.6 "Ultra Violet" is now available!

For support or to post comments, suggestions, etc, please visit the Order Editor support thread.

Hello everyone,

I just got the Purchase Without Account contribution installed and it seems to be working great. I have only 2 questions that I was wondering about:

1-The table that "log yourself in" on the homepage links to is too wide, it practically touches the right column, there is no space between them. There is the correct amount of space on the left though.

The table that "create an account" links to however looks right, there is equal space between it and the left and right columns

I have the same issue when clicking "checkout" either on my top navigation bar or after adding an item to my cart.

Is there an easy fix to make all the tables look correct line the "log yourself in" table?

2-Clicking continue shopping from my shopping cart brings me back to the login page where I can choose from the 3 avaialable options, shouldn't this return me to the last item I viewed or some other product related page?

3-How can I change the fields in the sign up and checkout pages : Street Address: Post Code: City: Country

Can these be reordered or even changed entireley like post code to zip code?

Thank you all!

Edited by docprego

Can someone please answer/confirm this -->

If a customer has an account and his name is John Doe and someone else named John Doe uses PWA with a different email address, it overrides the members name and both are deleted when the PWA customer checks out. Should this be happening? Everything else is ok, but I'm worried that two customers may have the same name and the member gets erased.

Thanks

Can someone please answer/confirm this -->

If a customer has an account and his name is John Doe and someone else named John Doe uses PWA with a different email address, it overrides the members name and both are deleted when the PWA customer checks out. Should this be happening? Everything else is ok, but I'm worried that two customers may have the same name and the member gets erased.

Thanks

I just tested this and did not experience this issue. I am using v0.91 without problems. PM me with your e-mail if you want me to send you a php file to compare.

Joe

I posted this earlier but did not receive any replies, I was hoping someone could help me solve this minor problem.

The table that "log yourself in" on the homepage links to is too wide, it practically touches the right column, there is no space between them. There is the correct amount of space on the left though. Please go to the page to see what I mean: Page with too wide table

The table that "create an account" links to however looks right, there is equal space between it and the left and right columns. Correct looking table on create account page

I have the same issue when clicking "checkout" either on my top navigation bar or after adding an item to my cart.

Is there an easy fix to make all the tables look correct like the "log yourself in" table in the first link above?

Also in the first link above the "check out" button is not properly aligned over to the right, it is slightly more over towards the left.

I tried editing my login.php file in my main catalog directory but while I was able to improve some aspects, I broke other things. Please help.

Thank you.

Edited by docprego

I posted this earlier but did not receive any replies, I was hoping someone could help me solve this minor problem.

The table that "log yourself in" on the homepage links to is too wide, it practically touches the right column, there is no space between them. There is the correct amount of space on the left though. Please go to the page to see what I mean: Page with too wide table

The table that "create an account" links to however looks right, there is equal space between it and the left and right columns. Correct looking table on create account page

Is there an easy fix to make all the tables look correct like the "log yourself in" table in the first link above?

Also in the first link above the "check out" button is not properly aligned over to the right, it is slightly more over towards the left.

I tried editing my login.php file in my main catalog directory but while I was able to improve some aspects, I broke other things. Please help.

Thank you.

The HTML of your login.php is, in fact, funky. I would start over with a fresh page- all those td's and tr's can be ridiculous to manage when you start to lose track.

For support or to post comments, suggestions, etc, please visit the Order Editor support thread.

The HTML of your login.php is, in fact, funky. I would start over with a fresh page- all those td's and tr's can be ridiculous to manage when you start to lose track.

Thank you. I just went to redo my catalog\login.php file and I found what I forgot was a minor confusion during the initial install. The instructions say "then at or around lines 141-212 find this:

<tr>
		<td class="main" width="50%" valign="top"><b><?php echo HEADING_NEW_CUSTOMER; ?></b></td>
		<td class="main" width="50%" valign="top"><b><?php echo HEADING_RETURNING_CUSTOMER; ?></b></td>
	  </tr>
	  <tr>
		<td width="50%" height="100%" valign="top"><table border="0" width="100%" height="100%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="2" class="infoBox">
		  <tr class="infoBoxContents">
			<td><table border="0" width="100%" height="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
			  <tr>
				<td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10'); ?></td>
			  </tr>
			  <tr>
				<td class="main" valign="top"><?php echo TEXT_NEW_CUSTOMER . '<br><br>' . TEXT_NEW_CUSTOMER_INTRODUCTION; ?></td>
			  </tr>
			  <tr>
			  </tr>
			  <tr>
				<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
				  <tr>
					<td width="10"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '10', '1'); ?></td>
					<td align="right"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CREATE_ACCOUNT, '', 'SSL') . '">' . tep_image_button('button_continue.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_CONTINUE) . '</a>'; ?></td>
					<td width="10"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '10', '1'); ?></td>
				  </tr>
				</table></td>
			  </tr>
			</table></td>
		  </tr>
		</table></td>
		<td width="50%" height="100%" valign="top"><table border="0" width="100%" height="100%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="2" class="infoBox">
			<td><table border="0" width="100%" height="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
			  <tr>
				<td colspan="2"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10'); ?></td>
			  </tr>
			  <tr>
				<td class="main" colspan="2"><?php echo TEXT_RETURNING_CUSTOMER; ?></td>
			  </tr>
			  <tr>
				<td colspan="2"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10'); ?></td>
			  </tr>
			  <tr>
				<td class="main"><b><?php echo ENTRY_EMAIL_ADDRESS; ?></b></td>
				<td class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_input_field('email_address'); ?></td>
			  </tr>
			  <tr>
				<td class="main"><b><?php echo ENTRY_PASSWORD; ?></b></td>
				<td class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_password_field('password'); ?></td>
			  </tr>
			  <tr>
			  </tr>
			  <tr>
				<td class="smallText" colspan="2"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PASSWORD_FORGOTTEN, '', 'SSL') . '">' . TEXT_PASSWORD_FORGOTTEN . '</a>'; ?></td>
			  </tr>
			  <tr>
			  </tr>
			  <tr>
				<td colspan="2"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
				  <tr>
					<td align="right"><?php echo tep_image_submit('button_login.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_LOGIN); ?></td>
				  </tr>
				</table></td>
			  </tr>
			</table></td>
		  </tr>
		</table></td>
	  </tr>
	</table>

But my original unmodified file looks like this in that section:

<td class="main" width="50%" valign="top"><b><?php echo HEADING_NEW_CUSTOMER; ?></b></td>
		<td class="main" width="50%" valign="top"><b><?php echo HEADING_RETURNING_CUSTOMER; ?></b></td>
	  </tr>
	  <tr>
			  <tr>
			  </tr>
			  <tr>
				<td class="main" valign="top"><?php echo TEXT_NEW_CUSTOMER . '<br><br>' . TEXT_NEW_CUSTOMER_INTRODUCTION; ?></td>
			  </tr>
			  <tr>
			  </tr>
			  <tr>
				<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
				  <tr>
					<td align="right"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CREATE_ACCOUNT, '', 'SSL') . '">' . tep_image_button('button_continue.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_CONTINUE) . '</a>'; ?></td>
				  </tr>
				</table></td>
			  </tr>
			</table></td>
		  </tr>
		</table></td>
			  <tr>
			  </tr>
			  <tr>
				<td class="main" colspan="2"><?php echo TEXT_RETURNING_CUSTOMER; ?></td>
			  </tr>
			  <tr>
			  </tr>
			  <tr>
				<td class="main"><b><?php echo ENTRY_EMAIL_ADDRESS; ?></b></td>
				<td class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_input_field('email_address'); ?></td>
			  </tr>
			  <tr>
				<td class="main"><b><?php echo ENTRY_PASSWORD; ?></b></td>
				<td class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_password_field('password'); ?></td>
			  </tr>
			  <tr>
			  </tr>
			  <tr>
				<td class="smallText" colspan="2"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PASSWORD_FORGOTTEN, '', 'SSL') . '">' . TEXT_PASSWORD_FORGOTTEN . '</a>'; ?></td>
			  </tr>
			  <tr>
			  </tr>
			  <tr>
				<td colspan="2"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
				  <tr>
					<td align="right"><?php echo tep_image_submit('button_login.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_LOGIN); ?></td>
				  </tr>
				</table></td>
			  </tr>
			</table></td>
		  </tr>
		</table></td>
	  </tr>
	</table></td>
  </tr>
</table></form></td>

I have some difference right down here at the bottom. Could this be the source of the problem? How do I modify my login.php correctly?

Thanks

Edited by docprego

I found just nor through trial and error that if I remove the line

<table width="100%">

which is underneath <!-- this column for Returning Customer--> then I get the correct alignment back but the box for returning customers is transparent, the background of the 2 boxes above is gone.

Help!

I found just nor through trial and error that if I remove the line

<table width="100%">

which is underneath <!-- this column for Returning Customer--> then I get the correct alignment back but the box for returning customers is transparent, the background of the 2 boxes above is gone.

Help!

Finally the most obvious solution occurred to me, I uploaded the file that came with the contribution. This did solve almost everything. Please have a look at my login page.

Now it looks great if there is nothing in the cart, it shows create account and login boxes beautifully. But if an item is in the cart then the 3rd option of check out appears on the login page and there is a minor issue. The checkout button and the header bar do not extend to the end of the table, they both stop short an equal amount, about a centimeter. I have tried many things to solve this and I guess I just don't understand where these 2 things are controlled. Please try it and let me know what you think.

Thank you for any help you can offer,

Mike

Edited by docprego

Finally the most obvious solution occurred to me, I uploaded the file that came with the contribution. This did solve almost everything. Please have a look at my login page.

Now it looks great if there is nothing in the cart, it shows create account and login boxes beautifully. But if an item is in the cart then the 3rd option of check out appears on the login page and there is a minor issue. The checkout button and the header bar do not extend to the end of the table, they both stop short an equal amount, about a centimeter. I have tried many things to solve this and I guess I just don't understand where these 2 things are controlled. Please try it and let me know what you think.

Thank you for any help you can offer,

Mike

Well here is my final update on this issue, maybe someone else will experience this oddity and it will help them. I found out rather by accident that the minor problem I was experiencing only occurs at certain resolutions. On my desktop PC I run at 1280 x 1024 and the problem is evident. When I brought my site up on my laptop which runs at 800 x 600 the problem simply was not there, everything looked as perfect as what I was striving for. Now why would OSC display a page differently due to resolution, I don't know but this is in fact exactly what it is doing in this case.

Thank you,

Mike

Edited by docprego

hi,

how are you?

i installed pwa 1.01 contribution today. I did everything what you say. But after that pwa and other create account is not working.

error messages : Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_REQUIRE in /home/modern/public_html/store/create_account.php on line 18

i dont understand what happend.

on line 18 :

require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/' . FILENAME_CREATE_ACCOUNT);

Could you help me please i need yours advise.thanks.

my site : www.moderntesettur.com.

Waiting your respond shortly.

Thanks.

Hi, I have added this mod and it appeared to work fine (all the guest proceedure. I am now being mailed by existing members saying they cannot login as the email address is not registered. They then try and create an account again and it says:

Your E-Mail Address already exists in our records - please log in with the e-mail address or create an account with a different address.

I have just ran a new user setup and entered an email address I know does not exist and it gives me the same message saying the address is registered. This problem has only started since yesterday when I added the mod for allowing guest access (which is working fine)

Any ideas as now new members cannot create accounts and existing members cannot login.

Cheers

Hi, I have added this mod and it appeared to work fine (all the guest proceedure. I am now being mailed by existing members saying they cannot login as the email address is not registered. They then try and create an account again and it says:

Your E-Mail Address already exists in our records - please log in with the e-mail address or create an account with a different address.

I have just ran a new user setup and entered an email address I know does not exist and it gives me the same message saying the address is registered. This problem has only started since yesterday when I added the mod for allowing guest access (which is working fine)

Any ideas as now new members cannot create accounts and existing members cannot login.

Cheers

Which version are you using?

I have installed the latest PWA. However, when using the purchase without account checkout function. The only field I have are the following.

Your Personal Details * Required information

First Name: *

Last Name: *

E-Mail Address: *

Company Details

Company Name:

Your Address

Street Address: *

Post Code: *

City: *

Can someone advise how I can make the TELEPHONE field appear and make it a REQUIRED INFORMATION?

Thanks in advance.

I have installed the latest PWA. However, when using the purchase without account checkout function. The only field I have are the following.

Your Personal Details * Required information

First Name: *

Last Name: *

E-Mail Address: *

Company Details

Company Name:

Your Address

Street Address: *

Post Code: *

City: *

Can someone advise how I can make the TELEPHONE field appear and make it a REQUIRED INFORMATION?

Thanks in advance.

You're using 1.01, right? And that version uses create_account.php to capture PWA users info?

Hi,

Just installed PWA 0.82 and having a little problem.

When you go to checkout without creating an account, i click checkout, site goes to a secure page and the three boxes appear, returning customer box, then new customer box then straight to checkout box.

The title of box three, straight to checkout and the text thats supposed to be in it are wrong.

the title says HEADING_CHECKOUT and the text in it says TEXT_CHECKOUT_INTRODUCTION

I checked includes/languages/english/login.php and i have this;

// PWA

define('PWA_FAIL_ACCOUNT_EXISTS', 'An account already exists for the email address <i>{EMAIL_ADDRESS}</i>. You must login here with the password for that account before proceeding to checkout.');

define('HEADING_CHECKOUT', '<font size="2">Proceed Directly to Checkout</font>');

define('TEXT_CHECKOUT_INTRODUCTION', 'Proceed to Checkout without creating an account. By choosing this option none of your user information will be kept in our records, and you will not be able to review your order status, nor keep track of your previous orders.');

define('PROCEED_TO_CHECKOUT', 'Proceed to Checkout without Registering');

?>

So i am guessing theres a link missing somewhere... Any ideas???

You're using 1.01, right? And that version uses create_account.php to capture PWA users info?

I used the "Purchase Without Account 1.0.2" released on 8-Dec-2005. Also applied the "Phone Number Fix" released on 21-Dec-2005.

Any way I can amend the code so the telephone will be a compulsory field to put in?

Thanks.

Hi everyone,

I am having the problem of product attributes not being sent with PWA.

1. If I add a product with attributes everything shows fine in the cart but when I go to checkout and use PWA the attributes are erased and just the product remains in the cart minus the attributes.

2. If I go and add products after going through the PWA register process the attributes show fine in the cart and throughout the checkout process

Has anyone else come across this? I have the text attributes contrib. installed.

Thanks for any help.

Hello Stew,

I have 2.2ms2 with the 051112/13Upd and a few minor mods. I installed the 0.910 PWA contribution yesterday. Prior to the install I read several of the pages in the forum topic to get a feel for the contrib. I have to admit I was a bit concerned after reading about difficulties some folks were experiencing.

I found the instructions had or missed one or two code changes that were different than the actual files included in the download. After I got into it I just decided to use my file compare and cut-n-pasted from there.

Other than a bit of a merge here and there the install of PWA 0.910 went very smooth. After a fair bit of testing this morning it seems to work well. Thank you for the contribution... well done.

==============

P.S. & F.Y.I: I seem to remember reading some discussion in this forum topic about making the PWA telephone number input data optional for customers? I don?t remember exactly where? somewhere between about page 45 through 60.

With my admin panel phone number minimum set to ?0? I attempted to place an order/checkout (through PWA or through customer login). When I leave the customer phone number field blank during the checkout process an error message is returned with ?needs to be zero or have at least zero digits? something like that?. So I place a zero in the field and then osc processes the order.

I went back to my admin panel and removed the digit ?0? from the phone number minimum, leaving the box blank. I then went through the checkout process again using PWA and customer login. This time osc accepts the transaction without insisting on the customer inputting his/her phone number. Works for me.

I hope this helps someone wishing to leave the phone number field optional for their customers.

Regards.

Have a great day!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks so much for your hard work on this contribution. It is a great!

Meanwhile, I am having a slight problem in create_account.php.

When you get there it already has the instructions in pink that say:

Your Street Address must contain a minimum of 5 characters.

Your Post Code must contain a minimum of 4 characters.

Your City must contain a minimum of 3 characters.

You must select a country from the Countries pull down menu.

Your State must contain a minimum of 2 characters.

Your Telephone Number must contain a minimum of 3 characters.

Your Password must contain a minimum of 5 characters.

I noticed when installing PURCHASE WITHOUT ACCOUNT v0.910_1 November 29, 2005- that there was some confusion on this file. IN the install txt it said for v.071 to do such and such. But for conflicts withthe Paypal WPP, you should do another thing.

Those two instruction seemed in conflict to each other. I did NOTdo the first instruction changing the

if ($check_email['total'] > 0) {

line because there was already an alteration made by WPP.

Maybe this is the reason that the pink message is coming up.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also, how do you search here within a particular thread, I was finding that difficult to do or I would have searched here to see if anyone had this answer already.

Thanks again for your help.

Hi Guys, got another one

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_CASE in /usr/www/..../catalog/admin/orders.php on line 72

The line says: case ;deleteconfirm' see below:

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_ORDERS, tep_get_all_get_params(array('action')) . 'action=edit'));

break;

case 'deleteconfirm':

$oID = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_GET_VARS['oID']);

Any help?

Thanks again

Hi Guys, got another one

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_CASE in /usr/www/..../catalog/admin/orders.php on line 72

The line says: case ;deleteconfirm' see below:

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_ORDERS, tep_get_all_get_params(array('action')) . 'action=edit'));

break;

case 'deleteconfirm':

$oID = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_GET_VARS['oID']);

Any help?

Thanks again

Ok, for anyone else with this issue, I fixed this one by commenting out the case 'deleteconfirm' line and line 80 which has a }

Final Followup on orders.php,

I put back in the one that came with one of the earlier releases and it is well.

I'm not a programmer so I have no idea what the differences are. So hope this works.

So now, i only have the issue of the create account pink list that is not working.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi!

I installed PWA version 0.91 and I'm experiencing the following trouble:

I use the Login Best Box contribution, which greets the user and gives them links to edit all of their account info. Whenever I place an item in the cart and proceed to checkout...and checkout with PWA, it gives me a 'Welcome Back MyName' message in the login box after I fill out the form in PWA and hit continue, and all the available links to edit the account that I really shouldn't have.

Secondly, after completing purchase with PWA....if I go back to the website and try to log-in using the previous e-mail I've used with PWA and click on 'forgotten password', it gives me a success message regarding a new password and is sent to my e-mail address.

Thirdly, it's generating two order confirmation e-mails, duplicates, to the customer for every purchase that is made with PWA.

Any idea how to fix all of this? Thanks!

Andrea

My Site