• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Purchase Without Account Updated & Admin Functionality

Well, it's not PWA alone - I think it's the "PWA straight to checkout" addon. It heavily modifies the redirect.php file, which also seems to be used in generating the manufacturer home page links (these are generated from the manufacturer info put into admin, and the info is all there and complete). I just haven't been able to figure out exactly how...

It doesn't heavily modify it, it completely guts it. I respectfully now call this particular addon a hack. Not that that's always bad, but it helps if you realize what you're getting into.

Here's what I would do if I were you:

1. Rename the file "redirect.php" that came with the addon to something else, such as "hack.php". It doesn't matter as long as the filename is unused.

2. Upload this new file to your website.

3. Replace your existing redirect.php file with a stock osCommerce redirect.php (if necessary download the whole shebang again to get the file)- this should fix your manufacturer's links problem.

4. For this step in the install instructions:

//Go to and edit catalog/login.php

//before line 12 require('includes/application_top.php'); copy and paste

//Login redirect to checkout

require('./redirect.php');

change redirect.php to hack.php or whatever you changed the filename to in step 1.

5. Test your site.

6. Check back in here and let us know how things are going.

Do, or do not. There is no try.

Order Editor 5.0.6 "Ultra Violet" is now available!

For support or to post comments, suggestions, etc, please visit the Order Editor support thread.

It doesn't heavily modify it, it completely guts it. I respectfully now call this particular addon a hack. Not that that's always bad, but it helps if you realize what you're getting into.

Here's what I would do if I were you:

1. Rename the file "redirect.php" that came with the addon to something else, such as "hack.php". It doesn't matter as long as the filename is unused.

2. Upload this new file to your website.

3. Replace your existing redirect.php file with a stock osCommerce redirect.php (if necessary download the whole shebang again to get the file)- this should fix your manufacturer's links problem.

4. For this step in the install instructions:

change redirect.php to hack.php or whatever you changed the filename to in step 1.

5. Test your site.

6. Check back in here and let us know how things are going.

Oh, perfect. That's exactly it. Thanks!! I knew there'd be something simple, but I just haven't been able to dig into this. I'm working on two other things I might submit as contributions (a simple stand-alone discount code contrib - the entire credit class module is a nightmare to install; and a version of "How Did You Hear" that works on an order by order basis rather than customer basis, specifically to work with PWA), and that's sucking up all my time. Thanks again!

Oh, perfect. That's exactly it. Thanks!! I knew there'd be something simple, but I just haven't been able to dig into this. I'm working on two other things I might submit as contributions (a simple stand-alone discount code contrib - the entire credit class module is a nightmare to install; and a version of "How Did You Hear" that works on an order by order basis rather than customer basis, specifically to work with PWA), and that's sucking up all my time. Thanks again!

No problemo- that stand alone discount code contribution would be well worth it!

For support or to post comments, suggestions, etc, please visit the Order Editor support thread.

Hello, im new to all this but i can follow instructions. i installed "PWA_0.910". Added those commands to my SQL. When i finished i got some errors... something about session start etc... So i then reversed the steps to try get my website working again... but now i still have errors. my website is www.austsales.com

errors im getting are (mainly this session_start)

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /hsphere/local/home/wrxmatt0/austsales.com/catalog/includes/filenames.php:65) in /hsphere/local/home/wrxmatt0/austsales.com/catalog/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

When i did have the contribution installed it was saying something like no output etc... for

define('IMAGE_BUTTON_CREATE_ACCOUNT', 'Create Account');

define('NAV_ORDER_INFO', 'Order Info');

and

define('FILENAME_ORDER_INFO', 'order_info.php');

help please

Hello, im new to all this but i can follow instructions. i installed "PWA_0.910". Added those commands to my SQL. When i finished i got some errors... something about session start etc... So i then reversed the steps to try get my website working again... but now i still have errors. my website is www.austsales.com

errors im getting are (mainly this session_start)

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /hsphere/local/home/wrxmatt0/austsales.com/catalog/includes/filenames.php:65) in /hsphere/local/home/wrxmatt0/austsales.com/catalog/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

When i did have the contribution installed it was saying something like no output etc... for

define('IMAGE_BUTTON_CREATE_ACCOUNT', 'Create Account');

define('NAV_ORDER_INFO', 'Order Info');

and

define('FILENAME_ORDER_INFO', 'order_info.php');

help please

I'm not quite sure where you're at, but I would say you need to start by verifying that your includes/filenames.php and includes/functions/sessions.php are correct. If necessary upload a stock osCommerce copy of each file to test.

I checked the other two commands for configuration and configuration_groups and I don't see the information in there. Is it this that may be missing?

Yes, this absolutely could be the problem. Run the necessary SQL command again and test your site.

Also, as djmonkey inquired: Are you still getting errors? If so, please post them verbatim, as this will help those in the forum assist you.

cdickson

Hello, Yes I am still getting the errors. I have run the second and third commands again and I got the following error.

ERROR:

SQL query:

INSERT INTO configuration_group

VALUES ( 40, 'Accounts', 'Configuration of Account settings', 40, 1 )

MySQL said:

#1062 - Duplicate entry '40' for key 1 [/color]

When I try to create account I get this error:

1054 - Unknown column 'purchased_without_account' in 'field list'

select customers_id, customers_email_address, purchased_without_account from customers where customers_email_address = '***.***'

[TEP STOP]

When I try to proceed to directly to checkout I get this error:

select customers_id, purchased_without_account, customers_firstname, customers_password, customers_email_address, customers_default_address_id from customers where upper(customers_email_address) = '*.*' and upper(customers_firstname) = '***' and upper(customers_lastname) = '***'

[TEP STOP]

I have previously created an account before I added the contribution and when I sign in under returning customer I do not have a problem.

I'm not quite sure where you're at, but I would say you need to start by verifying that your includes/filenames.php and includes/functions/sessions.php are correct. If necessary upload a stock osCommerce copy of each file to test.

remove the "white space" in those files.

Treasurer MFC

remove the "white space" in those files.

i found the problem for the first part the ?> was up in the last line, i simply put it on a new line and added a box symbol....

any ideas on this error..."this is when i 'add to shopping cart' " im trying to undo this contribution and start again.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /hsphere/local/home/wrxmatt0/austsales.com/catalog/includes/languages/english.php:344) in /hsphere/local/home/wrxmatt0/austsales.com/catalog/includes/functions/general.php on line 29

i found the problem for the first part the ?> was up in the last line, i simply put it on a new line and added a box symbol....

any ideas on this error..."this is when i 'add to shopping cart' " im trying to undo this contribution and start again.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /hsphere/local/home/wrxmatt0/austsales.com/catalog/includes/languages/english.php:344) in /hsphere/local/home/wrxmatt0/austsales.com/catalog/includes/functions/general.php on line 29

same in /catalog/includes/languages/english.php

remove the spaces after the last ?>

Treasurer MFC

still not working...

goto www.austsales.com click a product then add it to the cart... error still shows up... anyone know how to fix?

I love how oscommerce works but the adding of products and all that side of it is really slow. is there a program that edits oscommerce, like ebays turbo lister.

still not working...

goto www.austsales.com click a product then add it to the cart... error still shows up... anyone know how to fix?

I love how oscommerce works but the adding of products and all that side of it is really slow. is there a program that edits oscommerce, like ebays turbo lister.

What are lines 29 of general.php and line 344 of english.php?

Edited by teleute

still not working...

yeh, still not working,.....you want us to remove all your errors.

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: osc_ez() in /hsphere/local/home/wrxmatt0/austsales.com/catalog/includes/modules/ezier_new_fields.php on line 24

Treasurer MFC

still not working...

Your file editor is adding in trailing white space characters, as Amanda mentioned earlier.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /hsphere/local/home/wrxmatt0/austsales.com/catalog/includes/languages/english.php:345) in /hsphere/local/home/wrxmatt0/austsales.com/catalog/includes/functions/general.php on line 29

Hello, Yes I am still getting the errors. I have run the second and third commands again and I got the following error.

ERROR:

SQL query:

INSERT INTO configuration_group

VALUES ( 40, 'Accounts', 'Configuration of Account settings', 40, 1 )

MySQL said:

#1062 - Duplicate entry '40' for key 1

This means that the values have already been inserted, so this is OK.

When I try to create account I get this error:

select customers_id, customers_email_address, purchased_without_account from customers where customers_email_address = '***.***'

[TEP STOP]

When I try to proceed to directly to checkout I get this error:

select customers_id, purchased_without_account, customers_firstname, customers_password, customers_email_address, customers_default_address_id from customers where upper(customers_email_address) = '*.*' and upper(customers_firstname) = '***' and upper(customers_lastname) = '***'

[TEP STOP]

These error messages indicate that the 'purchased_without_account' field has not been inserted into the 'customers' table.

cdickson

I checked and they are there. Both in customers and tables and the rest of the lines show the same thing that is in the install instructions. The only thing I don't understand and I am not quite sure if it is there is the end part in the first command that mentions customer_id.

This means that the values have already been inserted, so this is OK.

These error messages indicate that the 'purchased_without_account' field has not been inserted into the 'customers' table.

Hello - great contribution!

I have installed this contribution and it works as advertised. I do have a problem, however.

All of my products are downloadable (virtual) software products. As such I offer the customer the ability to return to the store for 1 year to securely download updates. This is where the problem lies...

Since PWA is installed it appears that the purchasing customer is not added to the customers table, just the orders table ( I can't see the customer in the Admin -> Customers section just the Admin -> Orders section).

So, the customer cannot return to the site to A) login B) retrieve software updates.

Is there a solution to this problem?

I actually thought the way this contribution worked would be to enter the customer into the customers table with a random password and if they come to the site to login we'd just send them a new randomly generated password which would allow them to return to the site to login and download software.

Help?

Hello - great contribution!

I have installed this contribution and it works as advertised. I do have a problem, however.

All of my products are downloadable (virtual) software products. As such I offer the customer the ability to return to the store for 1 year to securely download updates. This is where the problem lies...

Since PWA is installed it appears that the purchasing customer is not added to the customers table, just the orders table ( I can't see the customer in the Admin -> Customers section just the Admin -> Orders section).

So, the customer cannot return to the site to A) login B) retrieve software updates.

Is there a solution to this problem?

I actually thought the way this contribution worked would be to enter the customer into the customers table with a random password and if they come to the site to login we'd just send them a new randomly generated password which would allow them to return to the site to login and download software.

Help?

I don't know if this will help, but we have a client who doesn't want customers to even have the option of creating an account - all transactions are PWA. However the client also wants to be able to use the newsletter function to update customers on special events, etc. which means the email address must be in the Customers table.

We maintain the client first name, last name and email address in a CSV file. When the client is ready to do a newsletter (monthly for about 6 mos out of the year), we import this data into the Customers table so they can send a newsletter.

Could you do something similar to this to continue to provide access to your customers?

cdickson

Hi there.

I figured it out... not entering the customer into the customers table is a feature. It kind of stinks, but i understand why it's done. At login.php the choice is given to the customer "Checkout with no account, create an account or login if you're a returning customer with an account"

I agree with Nana from Fast Easy Checkout - I think a customer should be entered into the "customers" table and that an account should automatically be created for him/her with a random password and that the password be emailed to them.

I need to simply enable my customers to return for a 12 month period to download software updates that they've purchased. I can only do this if they go thru the hassle of creating an account.

In everything there's a trade-off. Except in my marriage - going on 10 years - I'm a lucky man! :lol:

I don't know if this will help, but we have a client who doesn't want customers to even have the option of creating an account - all transactions are PWA. However the client also wants to be able to use the newsletter function to update customers on special events, etc. which means the email address must be in the Customers table.

We maintain the client first name, last name and email address in a CSV file. When the client is ready to do a newsletter (monthly for about 6 mos out of the year), we import this data into the Customers table so they can send a newsletter.

Could you do something similar to this to continue to provide access to your customers?

I'm interested in the possibility of removing the password prompts from my create_account.php instead of using Order_Info.php. The reason for this is that I have a few add-ons on my create_account page "mileage number, and "where did you hear about us?") that I'd like to keep. I'd also like my existing customers to be able to access their accounts.

Basically, i want to see if removing the password requirement (without making customers go from create account.php, to login.php, to order_info.php to do it) increases conversions.

Quidquid latine dictum sit, profundum viditur.

I'm interested in the possibility of removing the password prompts from my create_account.php instead of using Order_Info.php. The reason for this is that I have a few add-ons on my create_account page "mileage number, and "where did you hear about us?") that I'd like to keep. I'd also like my existing customers to be able to access their accounts.

Basically, i want to see if removing the password requirement (without making customers go from create account.php, to login.php, to order_info.php to do it) increases conversions.

That's a great feature request. I think the ultimate would be to remove the password fields, have code that auto generates a password and emails the customer with the password. That way, they get what they want, fast. And we get what we want.

That's a great feature request. I think the ultimate would be to remove the password fields, have code that auto generates a password and emails the customer with the password. That way, they get what they want, fast. And we get what we want.

I agree that this would be a terrific feature for certain applications.

cdickson

I agree that this would be a terrific feature for certain applications.

I'm sure it would be; however, I'm not sure I'd like to this become the default - I definitely prefer the current structure. If I bought a product (without seeming to create an account), I'd be a bit confused if I then got a password email. Also, if you don't have the type of product where people re-order often, then they'll almost certainly lose/forget their password between visits, and create more steps for them to re-order.

I think what you want is the PWA functionality provided by Fast Easy Checkout.

Hello, I have gone through all the coding for all the files that were changed in the installation and everything seems correct, but I am still getting the errors. I have checked myphpadmin and the purchased_without_account are in both the customers and orders fields. I am not sure what I should do now.