• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Purchase Without Account Updated & Admin Functionality

Hi! I just installed the latest PWA. Normal procedure goes well, but when uses an existed email address it produce an error page: "Not Found

The requested URL /~toustar.co.uk/login.php/login/fail/reason/An+account+already+exists+for+the+email+address+<i>[email protected]</i>.++You+must+login+here+with+the+password+for+that+account+before+proceeding+t

o+checkout. was not found on this server."

Also, after the order being proceeded checkout_success.php can not display.

Any idea whats wrong with that please! Thanks a lot!

Regards,

jay

Edited by jwen

We have a client for whom we have installed OSC with PWA 0.82 - great contribution!

I am trying to add the customers_fax field (which I am actually using for a work phone #) into the orders table, but have been unsuccessful thus far.

I have verified that I added the field to the orders table, and I'm not getting any error messages.

I also followed the instructions in Post #594, but even though the purchase process goes without a hitch, it still isn't inserting the customers_fax into the orders table.

Can anyone tell me exactly where the code is that inserts order information into the orders table? I have read this entire thread, and the closest I came to finding an answer was in the post link above.

Any help will be truly appreciated!

Edited by cdickson

cdickson

I have just added the PWA contrib and it works great. But I have managed to mess up my admin area completely

I can now access the admin area with my password etc and come up against thenormal blue screen. But when I click any link I end up with a 404 error - page not found.

Now......... If i simply type /catalog/admin/categories.php I end up at the right page. It seems as though all of the internal links within the admin area are not working (or directing to non existent pages).

Any ideas please??????

You will never learn if you don't try. And boy am I trying....!

I have just added the PWA contrib and it works great. But I have managed to mess up my admin area completely

I can now access the admin area with my password etc and come up against thenormal blue screen. But when I click any link I end up with a 404 error - page not found.

Now......... If i simply type /catalog/admin/categories.php I end up at the right page. It seems as though all of the internal links within the admin area are not working (or directing to non existent pages).

Any ideas please??????

It sounds like something is wrong in your configuration files. The one for the admin area is located in admin/includes/configure.php.

If you want a copy of mine, I'll be glad to provide it.

Edited by cdickson

cdickson

It sounds like something is wrong in your configuration files. The one for the admin area is located in admin/includes/configure.php.

If you want a copy of mine, I'll be glad to provide it.

Yes please - am getting desperate now........!!

Many thanks

Yes please - am getting desperate now........!!

Many thanks

Here it is - I hope it helps:

<?php
/*
 osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
 http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright (c) 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License
*/

// Define the webserver and path parameters
// * DIR_FS_* = Filesystem directories (local/physical)
// * DIR_WS_* = Webserver directories (virtual/URL)
 define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://www.mydomain.com'); // eg, http://localhost - should not be empty for productive servers
 define('HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER', 'http://www.mydomain.com');
 define('HTTPS_CATALOG_SERVER', '');
 define('ENABLE_SSL_CATALOG', 'false'); // secure webserver for catalog module
 define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', '/home/mydomain/www/www/'); // where the pages are located on the server
 define('DIR_WS_ADMIN', '/admin/'); // absolute path required
 define('DIR_FS_ADMIN', '/home/mydomain/www/www/admin/'); // absolute path required
 define('DIR_WS_CATALOG', '/'); // absolute path required
 define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/home/mydomain/www/www/'); // absolute path required
 define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'images/');
 define('DIR_WS_ICONS', DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icons/');
 define('DIR_WS_CATALOG_IMAGES', DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'images/');
 define('DIR_WS_INCLUDES', 'includes/');
 define('DIR_WS_BOXES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'boxes/');
 define('DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'functions/');
 define('DIR_WS_CLASSES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'classes/');
 define('DIR_WS_MODULES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'modules/');
 define('DIR_WS_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'languages/');
 define('DIR_WS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'includes/languages/');
 define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'includes/languages/');
 define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_IMAGES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'images/');
 define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_MODULES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'includes/modules/');
 define('DIR_FS_BACKUP', DIR_FS_ADMIN . 'backups/');

// define our database connection
 define('DB_SERVER', 'localhost'); // eg, localhost - should not be empty for productive servers
 define('DB_SERVER_USERNAME', 'myusername');
 define('DB_SERVER_PASSWORD', 'mypassword');
 define('DB_DATABASE', 'mydatabasename');
 define('USE_PCONNECT', 'false'); // use persistent connections?
 define('STORE_SESSIONS', 'mysql'); // leave empty '' for default handler or set to 'mysql'
?>

cdickson

Here it is - I hope it helps:

<?php
/*
 osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
 http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright (c) 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License
*/

// Define the webserver and path parameters
// * DIR_FS_* = Filesystem directories (local/physical)
// * DIR_WS_* = Webserver directories (virtual/URL)
 define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://www.mydomain.com'); // eg, http://localhost - should not be empty for productive servers
 define('HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER', 'http://www.mydomain.com');
 define('HTTPS_CATALOG_SERVER', '');
 define('ENABLE_SSL_CATALOG', 'false'); // secure webserver for catalog module
 define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', '/home/mydomain/www/www/'); // where the pages are located on the server
 define('DIR_WS_ADMIN', '/admin/'); // absolute path required
 define('DIR_FS_ADMIN', '/home/mydomain/www/www/admin/'); // absolute path required
 define('DIR_WS_CATALOG', '/'); // absolute path required
 define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/home/mydomain/www/www/'); // absolute path required
 define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'images/');
 define('DIR_WS_ICONS', DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icons/');
 define('DIR_WS_CATALOG_IMAGES', DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'images/');
 define('DIR_WS_INCLUDES', 'includes/');
 define('DIR_WS_BOXES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'boxes/');
 define('DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'functions/');
 define('DIR_WS_CLASSES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'classes/');
 define('DIR_WS_MODULES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'modules/');
 define('DIR_WS_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'languages/');
 define('DIR_WS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'includes/languages/');
 define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'includes/languages/');
 define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_IMAGES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'images/');
 define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_MODULES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'includes/modules/');
 define('DIR_FS_BACKUP', DIR_FS_ADMIN . 'backups/');

// define our database connection
 define('DB_SERVER', 'localhost'); // eg, localhost - should not be empty for productive servers
 define('DB_SERVER_USERNAME', 'myusername');
 define('DB_SERVER_PASSWORD', 'mypassword');
 define('DB_DATABASE', 'mydatabasename');
 define('USE_PCONNECT', 'false'); // use persistent connections?
 define('STORE_SESSIONS', 'mysql'); // leave empty '' for default handler or set to 'mysql'
?>

Thank you VERY much. I sincerely appreciate the help. All sorted now thanks to the help!

Kind regards.

Paul.

Anyone? Please? I'm desperate!

We have a client for whom we have installed OSC with PWA 0.82 - great contribution!

I am trying to add the customers_fax field (which I am actually using for a work phone #) into the orders table, but have been unsuccessful thus far.

I have verified that I added the field to the orders table, and I'm not getting any error messages.

I also followed the instructions in Post #594, but even though the purchase process goes without a hitch, it still isn't inserting the customers_fax into the orders table.

Can anyone tell me exactly where the code is that inserts order information into the orders table? I have read this entire thread, and the closest I came to finding an answer was in the post link above.

Any help will be truly appreciated!

cdickson

Anyone? Please? I'm desperate!

Look in the includes/classes/orders.php and add your new field customer_fax to the appropriate customer query there. Make sure it is also included in the order arrays. Then in checkout_process.php do a similar thing by making sure the fax is included in the $sql_data_array before it is written to the orders table. Take the phone number as the sample and it should be pretty straightforward.

Howard, you are my hero!

Before I posted here I did search the telephone field and tried to apply the same functions to the fax field. Unfortunately I inadvertently omitted the fax field from the $customer_address_query in includes/classes/order.php.

Thanks so much!

cdickson

Hello all, I am trying to install this on a PhpNuke OSCommerce site, to no avail..... When the client finishes his account info, he is sent to the page Order_Info_Process, which starts all over again the process :

I am a returning customer.

New Customer

Proceed Directly to Checkout

Any ideas why....? I know enough about the Nuke version, to knwo what to change, the client info id added to the db, but does not send him to the payment method page......

I installed IPN and PWA couple days ago, but i found everytime when i checkout, paypal ask me for shipping details again. That means customers will have to enter shipping details twice. I think IPN should be able to transfer data from my store database and automaticlly fill up the shipping details. Maybe I make wrong setting. Can anyone help please! Thanks in advance!

Edited by Zizaza

I installed IPN and PWA couple days ago, but i found everytime when i checkout, paypal ask me for shipping details again. That means customers will have to enter shipping details twice. I think IPN should be able to transfer data from my store database and automaticlly fill up the shipping details. Maybe I make wrong setting. Can anyone help please! Thanks in advance!

There once was an update for the osCommerce Paypal IPN contrib done by Hostmistress which solved this issue. I have no clue why it has never been put back but doing the following should solve your problem.

Search in your (catalog)/includes/modules/payment/paypal_ipn.php for

$parameters['return'] = tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PROCESS, '', 'SSL');
  $parameters['cancel_return'] = tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT, '', 'SSL');

and add right below

// Add missing variables to prepopulate PayPal form. -- hostmistress 20050210

$parameters['first_name'] = $order->billing['firstname'];
	$parameters['last_name'] = $order->billing['lastname'];
	$parameters['address1'] = $order->billing['street_address'];
	$parameters['address2'] = $order->billing['suburb'];
	$parameters['city'] = $order->billing['city'];
	  if ($order->billing['country']['iso_code_2']=='US') {
		$order->billing['state'] = tep_get_zone_code($order->billing['country_id'], $order->billing['zone_id'], $order->billing['state']);
	  }
	$parameters['state'] = $order->billing['state'];
	$parameters['zip'] = $order->billing['postcode'];
	$parameters['country'] = $order->billing['country']['iso_code_2'];
	$parameters['email'] = $order->customer['email_address'];
	//  End missing variable contribution. -- hostmistress 20050210

There once was an update for the osCommerce Paypal IPN contrib done by Hostmistress which solved this issue. I have no clue why it has never been put back but doing the following should solve your problem.

Search in your (catalog)/includes/modules/payment/paypal_ipn.php

Thanks Howard! But I cant find the file paypal_ipn.php anywhere in the paypal ipn installation package. Im using the verson 3.15 of Paypal shopping cart ipn. Am i miss something?

Thanks Howard! But I cant find the file paypal_ipn.php anywhere in the paypal ipn installation package. Im using the verson 3.15 of Paypal shopping cart ipn. Am i miss something?

No, I thought you were talking about the Paypal IPN made by the osCommerce team but appereantly you use the devosc one (I think). In that case I can't give you an answer and you better look for support inside the Paypal IPN thread for your version. Sorry for the confusion.

Hi,

I have got onto my phpmyadmin tool but not sure how to edit it from the instuctions given can anyone advise.

I think i have done the part in red right but not sure about the rest

ALTER TABLE customers ADD purchased_without_account TINYINT(1) UNSIGNED DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL AFTER customers_id;

How do I add the below?

ALTER TABLE customers ADD INDEX (purchased_without_account);

INSERT INTO configuration_group VALUES (40, 'Accounts', 'Configuration of Account settings', 40, 1);

INSERT INTO configuration VALUES ('', 'Purchase Without Account', 'PWA_ON','true','Allow Customers to purchase without an account', 40, 1, '2003-04-08 13:07:44', '2003-04-08 12:10:51', NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'true\', \'false\'),');

ALTER TABLE orders ADD purchased_without_account TINYINT (1) UNSIGNED DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL;

I hope someone can help me out with this.

Thanks

Adam

Edited by acrylic-display

How do I add the below?

ALTER TABLE customers ADD INDEX (purchased_without_account);

INSERT INTO configuration_group VALUES (40, 'Accounts', 'Configuration of Account settings', 40, 1);

INSERT INTO configuration VALUES ('', 'Purchase Without Account', 'PWA_ON','true','Allow Customers to purchase without an account', 40, 1, '2003-04-08 13:07:44', '2003-04-08 12:10:51', NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'true\', \'false\'),');

ALTER TABLE orders ADD purchased_without_account TINYINT (1) UNSIGNED DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL;

I hope someone can help me out with this.

Thanks

Adam

Click on the "SQL" tab in PHPMyAdmin. You will see a field that is titled "Run SQL query/queries on database <database name>". In that field copy and paste the alter/insert commands that you have above.

If it runs correctly you will get a success message. If it doesn't, you will get an error message.

Good luck!

cdickson

I'm running PWA 0.82 using the addition from March 25 called "PWA straight to checkout", which is supposed to eliminate even the choice of creating an account. This has been working quite well. However, I've now added in manufacturers, and when you try to click on the manufacturer's home page link, it just redirects to the order page rather than the manufacturer's URL. Has anyone else encountered this?

Hello,

Before I take a look at the file "PWA 0.82 ZIP with Patch files".....do I need to work on the old files first or will this file work straight the way.

Some contributions may have other things that need doing before this one (PWA 0.82 ZIP with Patch files) can be used.

Can anyone help me? Can I use this contribution without using the others?

Kindest Regards

Steve

I tried everything and this is the only thing that worked

Quick and dirty way...Find: pixel_trans.gif, make a copy and rename it corner_right_left.gif. Repeat for corner_right.gif and corner_left.gif.Upload them to the server, overwriting the existing image files. From AlanR

Note the files are in the images/infobox area

I know this isn't the place to reply to this but here it is anyway:

The quick and dirty way is the right way for admin, it's not really dirty and it keeps things consistent. You will find the images called in different places at different times. The left and right corner images for the box headings for example are called in includes/classes/boxes.php as they are "constructed" on the page as needed

If you're not too sure about what's happening where, some idea can be gained by looking at which files are being defined.

Hope that's some help.

But you don't want the images, so you can comment them out in classes/boxes

around line 121

$info_box_contents[] = array(
			  //array('params' => 'height="14"  class="infoBoxHeading"',
									 //'text' => $left_corner),
							   array('params' => 'width="100%" height="14" class="infoBoxHeading"',
									 'text' => $contents[0]['text']),
							   //array('params' => 'height="14" class="infoBoxHeading" nowrap',
									 //'text' => $right_corner)
   );

You could of course delete these lines, but who knows you might want corners in the future.

Hope that's even more help.

Tom

P.S. sorry to split the post I forgot the question

Hi everyone..

im using a fairly modded osc2.2 and having a dillema.

i have conflict with a previous modded file (checkout_process) and the new one in this contrib.

can someone please point out what was added in files? so i wont lose my "attributes options feature"?

only that files conflicts.

Try the handy tool from scootersoftware and compare the two files (modified and un-modified).

Tom

terramar.co.uk

Edited by BlueMonkey