• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Purchase Without Account Updated & Admin Functionality

I have this contribution working on MS2, with two problems:

1. How can I not show "My Account" and "Logoff" during checkout?

2. >? shows at the top of checkout_success.php

Any help is greatly appreciated. {really}

kind regards,

Eric

Can someone help me on my previous post? I've also included pictures in it, as well as code!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Dr. DK

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Sincerely,

Dr. DK

Can someone help me on my previous post? I've also included pictures in it, as well as code!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

A little late here as it is next to impossible to access this BB. Since I managed to get on today and it is not taking 5 minutes for each page load on DSL here you go. In catalog/login.php find this piece of code:

<tr>
       <td><table border="0" width="70%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">

<?php
if (PWA_ON == 'false') {
require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . FILENAME_PWA_ACC_LOGIN);
} else {
require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . FILENAME_PWA_PWA_LOGIN);
}
?>

Just change the width from 70% like this:

<tr>

<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">

<?php

if (PWA_ON == 'false') {

CODE]

I do not use a right hand column so it looked weird stretching all the way accross the page so I decreased its size and forgot to change it back for the contribution upload. HTH

• 3 weeks later...

I'm using MS2 with Autologin mod., along with multiple others. I installed PWA 0.60c without any problem but when I do a test I get to Order_info_process.php and keep getting the error

Your E-Mail Address does not appear to be valid - please make any necessary corrections.

no matter what email address I enter. I've checked the database and none of the email addresses I've tried are already in use and the temporary user created by PWA is not in the database at this point.

Anyone know what might cause this? I've gone over the code several times and everything appears to be installed correctly. Thanks,

Stretchr

"It's a small world...

But I wouldn't want to paint it!"

Stephen Wright

Hi all, I finally got this contribution working on ms2.2, however when I press continue on the confirmatio success page that shows Thank You for Shopping.. ... it takes me to an empty shopping cart.... I assumed it would go back to the default (index.php)... anyone knw how to fix this?

Hiya guyz and gallz,,

I installed v0.60c and all apears to be ok,, but I have seen some mention here and there,, about an on / off in the admin side,,, but ,, There was no admin side changes or files,, was this an old feature,, and if so,, anyone changed it to work with ms2 by chance?

Thanks in advance to u all

Regards

Tom

I've noticed that if you try to "Proceed Directly to Checkout" using an email address that already has a customer account, it gives you a login fail and takes you back to the login.php without any error message. Does anyone have a fix for this?

I figure it should either allow you to go ahead and checkout instead of forcing a customer to login, or it should give an error message like "You already have an account, please login."

I downloaded PWA contribution, but it does not work. Go to checkout from shopping cart gives me a blank page showing that catalog/checkout_shipping.php file cannot be found.

Can anybody help??

Thanks,

Janika

i've installed ver .60C and it works fine except that i cannot get the SQL addon of:

INSERT INTO configuration_group VALUES (40, 'Accounts', 'Configuration of Account settings', 40, 1);

to work. phpmyadmin tells me: Duplicate entry '40' for key 1

now, i assume this lets me turn on and off PWA.....since this doesn't work, how can i manually turn it on and off?

Edited by luder1

This whole process worked great until the end. Then I got the following error.

Parse error: parse error, unexpected $ in /var/www/html/shop/catalog/checkout_success.php on line 161

Any ideas? Thanks

I have the same error for line 193..... That is the point where it calls application_bottom.php and ends the success. The order processes and emails are sent but it errors out. This is a 2.2 CVS from last year. It was the only one available to install from my webhost. I am now working on a newer release to replace it. In the meantime a fix for this would really be apreciated.

regards,

Ron

If we knew it all we wouldn't be here would we?

i've installed ver .60C and it works fine except that i cannot get the SQL addon of:

INSERT INTO configuration_group VALUES (40, 'Accounts', 'Configuration of Account settings', 40, 1);

to work. phpmyadmin tells me: Duplicate entry '40' for key 1

now, i assume this lets me turn on and off PWA.....since this doesn't work, how can i manually turn it on and off?

I got the same error and when I looked at the database table, the entry was already in there.

As for manually turning it on/off, you could just change the SQL entry from True to False. That's what I did. I finally ended up uninstalling this mod, however, because unlike some of you, I could never get it working. Oh, well. Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Stretchr

"It's a small world...

But I wouldn't want to paint it!"

Stephen Wright

• 2 weeks later...

I am testing this mod and keep having a problem with the catalog/login.php. When I put the one for the zip file in I get a page not found on both account.php and login.php. I am running 2.2 MS1. Since I have no fileanme.php I edited the application_top.php with the changes ment for filename.php. On everything else I followed the directions from the PWA 0.60c download. what did I miss?

Please help

Thank you

Jeff

I am testing this mod and keep having a problem with the catalog/login.php. When I put the one for the zip file in I get a page not found on both account.php and login.php. I am running 2.2 MS1. Since I have no fileanme.php I edited the application_top.php with the changes ment for filename.php. On everything else I followed the directions from the PWA 0.60c download. what did I miss?

Please help

Thank you

Jeff

can anyone help?

Would allowing unlimited duplicate accounts fix the PWA login bug?

I have problems when people close the browser before checkout_success.php [creates an account], or when people with an account want to purchase without logging into their account.

I've noticed that if you try to "Proceed Directly to Checkout" using an email address that already has a customer account, it gives you a login fail and takes you back to the login.php without any error message. Does anyone have a fix for this?

Install Instructions:

The system will not create another duplicate account if first/last name and e-mail address match up (that is also if the password is either blank or what you set it to).  in which case, if those first 3 match up, it will call up the information from the customer database (so it actually doesn't matter what other informaton (state, zip, etc) that they fill out after those 3 match up).

How do i allow duplicate accounts? Is that the only way to fix this problem?

Thanks,

EricK

I posted an update to this contrib last night:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,355

This release fixes the incompatibility issue when trying to use this with Simple Template System (STS). Before, you would get a blank page when trying to pay without account.

To upgrade to this version, open Order_Info.php and replace this:

<!-- body_text_eof //-->
</tr>

<!-- body_eof //-->

with this:

<!-- body_text_eof //-->
<td width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" valign="top"><table border="0" width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
<!-- right_navigation //-->
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'column_right.php'); ?>
<!-- right_navigation_eof //-->
</table></td>
</tr>
</table>
<!-- body_eof //-->

This download includes the updated Order_Info.php.

-Graham

... does the update fix the account creation problem, when people close the browser before checkout_success.php?

I am tackling critical problems as I come across them in an effort to get my store live ASAP. I was already way too far along using an STS template, so I worked out the PWA issue.

I haven't been keeping up with the "account creation problem". Is this a critical bug that I should be worried about before launching my store? Is there a good post that summarizes the problem?

-Graham

FWIW, I have been working on a re-write of the entire checkout process in order to try to greatly simplify the checkout. No account will be needed, nor will ever be created in case someone bails during the process, all information can be added on one page much like a Miva cart, etc.. If anyone would like to pitch in with this little project any help would be greatly appreciated! You can play around with it here (old MS1 site) and just use some form of the name "test" as the customer name and pay by check/mo just in case as I still get a few orders processed through this one : http://www.dragonlights.com/catalog/index.php

Items on the "to do list" before any type of release are:

move shipping and billing address onto one page instead of two (easy)

get the sessions to work properly on a shared server (having a bit of trouble with this one)

update it to work with MS2

Graham: The PWA contribution has a bug that is causing problems for me.

PWA creates a temporary Guest Account during checkout, then deletes the Guest Account IF the order is completed.

However, if the order is not completed the Guest Account remains for that name/email address, and subsequent attempts to purchase will fail or create errors in checkout.

Justin: That sounds fantastic, I will take a look. Have you considered how "Guest Account version 2.2" deals with the abandoned Guest Account problem? It still creates an account, but flags the Guest accounts to allow subsequent purchases and easy removal. Unfortunately, I've not been able to get that contribution to work as well as PWA.

Thanks,

EricK

This version never creates an account at all so there is no need to flag any orders or anything. Basically you can bail during the checkout process at any time and still come back and re-enter your info without any problems unlike the current version that actually creates an account and then deletes it at checkout success. It still has a little ways to go yet and unfortunately my time is a bit limited to work on it, but if anyone would like to help out I can load it up on a new install for MS1, zip it up and send it out. Once it works on MS1 then we can upgrade it to MS2 which is a bit more difficult with the force cookies, etc. (actually the cookies might make it easier, just haven't started messing with it yet).

• 2 weeks later...

Graham, I tried your latest release and discovered that my site

does not set the tep_session_is_registered('noaccount') but always

seems to see it as a registered user. That's why althoug all my tests

succeeds but the temporary account is not deleted.

Any one successfully installed Graham's release without such problem?

If this is so, I'll be able to narrow down the cause and recheck. Thanks.