• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Purchase Without Account Updated & Admin Functionality

Best way to do it is use dreamweaver to edit the files, it lets you see the layout as your editing it.  

cheers  

barry

:oops: Well I am using DW, it does let you see the layout, which makes it easier for dummies like me. The problem is the layout doesnt match what I see on login.php, thus my confusion. My login.php shows three tables side by side, when viewing it live, yet login_pwa.php shows different structure.

I'll keep working on it, just was hoping for a quick answer.

Thanks,

Steve

I have a qeustion about this part of the instructions:

INSERT INTO configuration_group VALUES (40, 'Accounts', 'Configuration of Account settings', 40, 1);

INSERT INTO configuration VALUES ('', 'Purchase Without Account', 'PWA_ON', 'true', 'Allow Customers to purchase without an account', 40, 1, '2003-04-08 13:07:44', '2003-04-08 12:10:51', NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array('true', 'false'),');

I am using phpMyAdmin (finally have it installed correctly and working I THINK). Could someone walk me through how you do the above? I see an insert button and I am in the table configuration_group but I don't see anything called VALUES. Thank you in advance,

Melinda

Hi Melinda,

It's always a good idea to have a backup of your tables before making modifications to them - in case you ever want to undo things, etc.

While in phpmyadmin, click the SQL tab. Then paste the text below into the box that says "Run SQL query/queries on database ... ".

INSERT INTO configuration_group VALUES (40, 'Accounts', 'Configuration of Account settings', 40, 1); 

INSERT INTO configuration VALUES ('', 'Purchase Without Account', 'PWA_ON', 'true', 'Allow Customers to purchase without an account', 40, 1, '2003-04-08 13:07:44', '2003-04-08 12:10:51', NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array('true', 'false'),');

Then hit go. That will do it. That's the easy part. I'm still getting nowhere with my question above.

HTH,

Steve

now I'm getting this error:

Warning: main(includes/languages/english/FILENAME_CREATE_ACCOUNT_PROCESS): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /www/t/tresrhnter/htdocs/catalog/Order_Info_Process.php on line 21

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'includes/languages/english/FILENAME_CREATE_ACCOUNT_PROCESS' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /www/t/tresrhnter/htdocs/catalog/Order_Info_Process.php on line 21

I think it refers to this line:

require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/' . FILENAME_CREATE_ACCOUNT_PROCESS);

Melinda,

its looking for a file called:

FILENAME_CREATE_ACCOUNT_PROCESS

but we both know thats not a file, its a definition of a file, that means you need to define it somewhere, In /catalog/application_top.php have a look at your installation instructions, it should say you need to put these in there.

define('FILENAME_CREATE_ACCOUNT_PROCESS', 'create_account_process.php');

define('FILENAME_CREATE_ACCOUNT_SUCCESS', 'create_account_success.php');

so do that first..

Cheers Lee

thank you for that suggestion, Max.

I found this other solution in another topic and it worked. It was posted by Farrukh:

Change FILENAME_CREATE_ACCOUNT_PROCESS to FILENAME_CREATE_ACCOUNT

I think that it has been changed in the Latest CVS.

Thank you for your suggestion though, Max!

You could add a field to the customers table to act as a flag so that when a PWA customer enters their details the account creatins adds the relevent flag to this field to show it is a PWA customer or regular customer.

cheers

barry

Sorry, but i don?t understand what file and where i have to edit...any help?

Thanks!

You could add a field to the customers table to act as a flag so that when a PWA customer enters their details the account creatins adds the relevent flag to this field to show it is a PWA customer or regular customer.

cheers

barry

Sorry, but i don?t understand what file and where i have to edit...any help?

Thanks!

if you need that feature it may be worth your while contacting the person who originally asked for that advice and seeing if they managed to implement it. The change i am talking about is adding a field into the customers table in the database to show a true or false as to whether they were a purchase without account customer or not.

cheers

barry

When I checkout I get this error message:

Warning: main(includes/FILENAME_PWA_PWA_LOGIN) [function.main]: failed to create stream: No such file or directory in /home/beachboy/public_html/catalog/login.php on line 129

Fatal error: main() [function.main]: Failed opening required 'includes/FILENAME_PWA_PWA_LOGIN' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php:/usr/lib/php') in /home/beachboy/public_html/catalog/login.php on line 129

Any ideas?

Once a customer uses PWA and then logs out and goes back and tries to check out after filling in all the address info etc. the next page gets this error:

ERROR: No match for 'E-Mail Address' and/or 'Password' Anyone know what causes this? If I delete him from customers in admin everything is ok...He can go back in..

I get this error ehen i have fild in my name adress etc and pree continue

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_encrypt_password() in /home/ch/public_html/shop/Order_Info_Process.php on line 340

what have i done wrong?

Contribution Addition:

PWA FACE-LIFT PUT BOXES ONTOP OF EACH INSTEAD OF BESIDE EACH OTHER - ADDON ONLY!!

PWA FACE-LIFT PUT BOXES ONTOP OF EACH OTHER:

addon by: Lee Nieslen AKA: MaxiDVD

email: [email protected]

See Contribution Listing for Original and Recent Authors

ALSO INCLUDES A ALTERNATIVE FIX FOR THE JAVASCRIPT RUNTIME ERRORS CREATE BY PASSWORD VALIDATION

Discussion:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=40352

Download it here:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,355

Sceen Shot:

pwa_facelift.jpg

Cheers Lee

thanks for that addon maxidvd, it looks good.

I am still getting an error in my installation, on the delivery confirmation page checkout_shipping.php it is blank when I am running a test. Anyone have any ideas why? sigh, I'd really like to get this contrib to work before my store goes live.

TIA,

Melinda

You the Man Lee! :D

I've been wanting help with that! Thanks very much for the Add-on!

Now, a new question, and I don't know if this relates to the PWA mod or the fact that I don't have the Paypal IPN setup. But here's the prob:

If a customer uses PWA and then pays using Paypal, all I get is their info in the customer table, but nothing in any of the orders tables. Does this mean I need to setup Paypal IPN? I've been putting that off, but maybe now I MUST do it if it is the only solution to this problem.

Thanks for help on this one.

Steve

darn, I still have a problem.

I have it set so if an item isn't available yet but shown as in stock, they can't checkout (allow checkout under admin/stock is set to false).

If I try a test with an existing customer, it won't allow them to checkout, if I try a test with payment without account, it allows them to checkout.

Is this just something missed or am *I* missing something?

TIA,

Melinda

When I submit the information on Order_Info.php after selecting purchase without account, i get the following error message:

1062 - Duplicate entry '1' for key 1

insert into address_book (customers_id, address_book_id, entry_firstname, entry_lastname, entry_street_address, entry_postcode, entry_city, entry_country_id, entry_gender, entry_company, entry_suburb, entry_zone_id, entry_state) values ('4', '1', 'asdfads', 'asdfasd', 'adsas', 'adsadsf', 'safsad', '223', 'm', '', 'safafs', '1', '')

[TEP STOP]

Of course, I've tried with non-garbage data, but I've been trying for so long now that I've stopped taking the time to enter in data that makes sense.

I have tried erasing the database and reinstalling the whole thing from scratch, without installing any modules but PWA, and the same thing happens.

If I hit refresh and repost data, it then goes on to the next step with blank shipping info.

Any ideas?

-Chris

I got the above error to go away by changing it to insert a record with id 0 (it then does the auto increment thing), but now it is still showing a blank address. The database shows the records being made. So it appears that checkout_shpping isn't loading the right record for some reason.

-Chris