• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Purchase Without Account Updated & Admin Functionality

I noticed that in Order_Info_Process.php v.0.56fix (straight from the .zip), the file

catalog/Order_Info_Process.php uses Macintosh (!) style linefeeds (i.e., ctrl M)

whereas

catalog/includes/modules/Order_Info_Process.php uses UNIX style linefeeds (i.e., ctrl J)

This has not given me a problem as my hosting provider's Linux seems to recognize both when executing the scripts, but I wonder if some of the problems others have been having can be attributed to their particular OS not being as forgiving?

I have version .57 installed... I am also using Ians loaded with themas... I have also installed Linda's mod for a login box

I don't know if this is the fault of this mod but the login page doesn't seam to call to the theme....

if you need to go to the login page for any reason (ie. wrong password, trying to check out with no acct etc...) it seams to be the default theme...

check it out here....

https://orphonsoul.com/mall/login.php

Angela

I still cannot find /catalog/includes/modules/langauges/english/login.php

And I've downloaded the new fix from:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,355

Also, what file should I edit for:

INSERT INTO configuration_group VALUES (40, 'Accounts', 'Configuration of Account settings', 40, 1);

INSERT INTO configuration VALUES ('', 'Purchase Without Account', 'PWA_ON', 'true', 'Allow Customers to purchase without an account', 40, 1, '2003-04-08 13:07:44', '2003-04-08 12:10:51', NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array('true', 'false'),');

Thanks,

- Gian

I still cannot find /catalog/includes/modules/langauges/english/login.php  

And I've downloaded the new fix from:  

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,355

Also, what file should I edit for:

INSERT INTO configuration_group VALUES (40, 'Accounts', 'Configuration of Account settings', 40, 1);

INSERT INTO configuration VALUES ('', 'Purchase Without Account', 'PWA_ON', 'true', 'Allow Customers to purchase without an account', 40, 1, '2003-04-08 13:07:44', '2003-04-08 12:10:51', NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array('true', 'false'),');

Thanks,

- Gian

In the readme file it details the additional lines to be added to languages/english/login.php.

The inserts need to be added to the database via something like phpmyadmin or whatever database tool your host provides.

cheers

barry

maybe i didn't set it up right, but i think most people will have to make additional mods.

For instance, if a customer goes through this Purchase Without Account process, then clicks on "My Account" in the header, they will be taken to account.php with buttons for Editing their account, Notifications, Order History and Address Book.

If they click on "Edit Account" there, then the account_edit.php page is shown with a box to create a password.

Also, i have the Login as Infobox mod installed, and i don't want that showing if the customer is going through this express no account checkout.

a simple if statement in the appropriate place cures most of these. the code the readme suggests for the header seems to work fine.

if (!tep_session_is_registered('noaccount')) {

also, if you take away the ability to logoff, and someone checks out, leaves the site, then comes back, or closes that browser but has another one open, their session will still be registered, so that a Welcome Back Bob! message would be displayed, or if they then add another item to the cart, it will still have their account info. This may be disconcerting, if the login.php pages says "This option means we won't store any records, or keep track of your orders...."

did i explain that ok?

just some of the issues i've found, but works great. thanks.

in reference to this:

also, if you take away the ability to logoff, and someone checks out, leaves the site, then comes back, or closes that browser but has another one open, their session will still be registered, so that a Welcome Back Bob! message would be displayed, or if they then add another item to the cart, it will still have their account info. This may be disconcerting, if the login.php pages says "This option means we won't store any records, or keep track of your orders...."  

i meant, not if they checkout, but if they leave the site before the session is destroyed on checkout_success.php

I have merely made changes to the original mod to suit my needs and posted these as a new contribution which is the subject of this thread. If you have made changes improving the functionality then please add them to the package. :)

I totally agree with the suggestions you are making but have limited time to add them to this contribution.

cheers

barry

Thanks Barry for the help, I thought I had it down packed but when I tested it, I had debugging errors, please refer to the image:

errors.jpg

Any ideas what might have caused these? Or is just my computer maybe?

Thank you,

- Gian

The first error shows up on your test site, but not the second. The second error states Object Expected, and yet, I do not have any type of payment options set up currently. Could that be the cause of the second error? I shall set up something quickly and test it out.

Thanks,

- Gian

Try my test site at:

http://www.mainframes.co.uk/test/default.php to see if you get the same errors.

cheers

barry

Yes, its working fine now except for this:

When I add a new product and click Enlarge Image, this error shows:

1054 - Unknown column 'p.products_bimage' in 'field list'

select pd.products_name, p.products_image, p.products_bimage from products p left join products_description pd on p.products_id = pd.products_id where p.products_id = '32' and pd.language_id = '1'

[TEP STOP]

This happened recently after I installed your contribution. Do you know what this error means?

Thank you,

- Gian

Just checking... I didn't mean that the login.php page was blank, but that once you go from there and choose Purchase Without Account and fill in the details etc, THEN you get a blank page at Order_Info_Process.php

Is that what you did?

thanks

Jen

I haven't lost my mind - I have it backed up on disk somewhere.

Another thing you can't do is;

if you go back, it will display pages ok including product_info.php but as soon as you try to add anything to the cart you also get a blank page as it tries to add to the cart.

what release are you using?

I'm not exactly a php guru so i may not be of much help.

cheers

barry

This is an update to the purchase without an account add on. This update adds functionality to toggle this feature on/off via the admin panel, as well as fixing a password error in MS1. See the readme for this bugfix, not implemeted in the files for compatability with older versions.

You can see this in action in my test area at

http://www.mainframes.co.uk/test/default.php

cheers

barry

Hi

I am new to oscommerce.How do I go about installing the no account software?

Rgds

Brian

This is an update to the purchase without an account add on. This update adds functionality to toggle this feature on/off via the admin panel, as well as fixing a password error in MS1. See the readme for this bugfix, not implemeted in the files for compatability with older versions.

You can see this in action in my test area at

http://www.mainframes.co.uk/test/default.php

cheers

barry

Hi

I am new to oscommerce.How do I go about installing the no account software?

Rgds

Brian

Go to this link http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,355 download the latest package then follow the readme file.

the install file references catalog/includes/languages/english/login.php for you to upload. This is incorrect. You need to make changes to the existing file and upload (changes are detailed in the readme).

HTH

cheers

barry